Quick recovery for NooshinJohn

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Well, the doctors are tossing around words I do not like at this point words that start with T and C… I have still not had a colonoscopy done yet I’m waiting to get that done later this afternoon and hopefully will know more but I gotta tell you guys have never been so scared in my life. I have those two beautiful young boys that I need to help grow in the man and the last thing I want to do is leave this earth and not finish my job.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,347
    Options
    Damn, dude. Hopefully they are not correct in their initial assessment.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 111
    Options
    Good luck I hope everything works out. Get well soon.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    CT scans show a very large mass within the walls of the lower portion of my colon…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    Wishing and hoping for you all the best...wife and I are sending ya prayers!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    in our nightly prayers......
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    So sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery. That mass wasn't in the shape of a gerbil was it? PM me your email address and I'll send you my Anti-Cancer diet.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that. Wishing you a speedy recovery. That mass wasn't in the shape of a gerbil was it? PM me your email address and I'll send you my Anti-Cancer diet.

please share it in a dedicated thread . . . thank you
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Damn John. I'm sorry to read your last post there, above. Still hoping it'll turn out to be something manageable and not-major.

Rob forgot to add that Rikard Gear is desperately trying to reach you with important product information. I think it's about a vehicle warranty.

Thinking about you all, buddy.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Praying for you John.

I hope they get a complete removal of whatever that is.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    John, hoping and praying for a positive outcome.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Try to keep a positive attitude. Hoping it works out for the best.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Options
    John, hang in there.
    You have a family at home behind you and all of us here as well who are rooting for you.

Take advantage of every resource available to you both physically and emotionally while in care.
    I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Praying for you John. Get well soon.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    So glad to hear there’s no cancer. Wohooo!!!

Hang in there!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,603
    Options
    Excellent news! Well, even though there’s still more work to do. Thanks for the update!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Great news, no cancer John. A good friend of mine had the same problem and had a part of his colon removed and he's fine now. Good luck.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    That's GREAT that the worst scenarios are now out of the picture.

I hope you get some good news about the future surgery.

Thank you for this update. I was truly worried about the silence.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    I know this is no laughing matter Mike. Humor does have some healing abilities and of course that was my goal.
    No offense was intended.

Besides if we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at??

EVERY ONE ELSE!! 😂🤣😂🤣
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Fshew! That's got to be a relief. Good news (ish) for sure! Praying for your speedy recovery!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I have more tests coming up… the surgery team is not convinced with the findings of the GI doc and want more.

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Good news!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,347
    Options
    Well, John. They can't fix the problem until it is diagnosed correctly and understand exactly what it is they are trying to repair. At least the surgery team is questioning and looking into things further. That's a good thing. 😉

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Polkfest at Nooshin & John's to celebrate . . . . LIFE!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Glad to hear that the big “C” is off the table my friend - hopefully the solution is expeditious once they have a correct diagnosis…!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Polkfest at Nooshin & John's to celebrate . . . . LIFE!

My life celebration is decades away.

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    So glad to hear! Sending prayers for natural healing,and no surgery.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow sometime between 10:00 AM and noon. They are going to have to suction my colon and insert a colostomy for about six months. After that they can repair my colon. This sucks balls!

It is a better outcome, than colon cancer but far from a desired outcome. I’m so worried about everything right now because my wife no longer has any vacation time for the year. She is going to have to stay home and take care of these boys until I get back on my feet and that’s gonna cost her her job.

Unless we can find some way of paying for some childcare we’re screwed

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I know this is no laughing matter Mike. Humor does have some healing abilities and of course that was my goal.
    No offense was intended.

Besides if we can't laugh at ourselves who can we laugh at??

EVERY ONE ELSE!! 😂🤣😂🤣

None was taken and I agree. Laughter is the best medicine.