Quick recovery for NooshinJohn

Options
1235»

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    I hope surgery goes well. Easy for me to say, but health first and worry about the other stuff later.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Sounds like things are changing by the hour. Will be praying for wisdom for the docs and nurses and peace and comfort for you and your wife.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    PM's sent.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Jesus got this! Combined with a superior Marine Corp attitude, John's gonna be just fine. God bless brother. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers here as well.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    diverticulitis huh....well that's better than the C word for sure. I'm just surprised they didn't catch that sooner as I know this isn't your first go round with problems down yander. Seems to be a more and more common problem these days. You got this John, but use it as an eye opener to change some things. Prayers for a successful surgery/recovery/continued happy life.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Polkfest at Nooshin & John's to celebrate . . . . LIFE!

My life celebration is decades away.

that’s not what I meant … celebrate life whilst you’re alive and kick’n!

Best wishes on your surgery
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow sometime between 10:00 AM and noon...

John and his family were in my thoughts and prayers yesterday, and they are in them again this morning. Sending all the karma I can muster their way for an excellent recovery from surgery and that they will find the solutions they need for his convalescence going forward. 🙏
    Alea jacta est!
  • Jetmaker737
    Options
    Hope your surgery went well. I have diverticulitis myself but even so I can barely imagine how hard this has been on you and your family. I hope you all fare well as you work to heal up.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    He called me today. The surgery went well and he is in a lot of pain but he has already been up and walking. He's lucky he went in when he did or he may not have been with us anymore.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    Options
    That’s great news! 😊

(*the first part)
    Alea jacta est!
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Great to hear. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
  • Jazzhead
    Options
    @nooshinjohn , a woman that cuts my wife's hair went through a similar experience as yours in the early spring and she is back at work with the scissors. Wishing you a fast recovery.
    Polk Audio first generation RTA-12s; 12 inch Polk Stands; DHS Speaker Service upgraded crossovers w/ Sonicap/Mills; the "westmassguy anti-lobing mod" (hyperdamped outer drivers/mirror imaged); tweeter anti-diffraction mod; Cardas binding posts; Neotech UPOCC internal wire; foam-lined inner driver baskets; xschop phase plugs; deleted fuses; Hurricane nuts; Sonic Barrier; Dynamat Xtreme
    Ayre K-5xeMP preamplifier
    Cambridge Audio 840C CD player; Herbie's Audio Lab Super Black Hole CD Mat
    D-Sonic Custom Audio M3a-600M monoblock amplifiers
    NAD 4155 FM/AM tuner
    Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference II Series II balanced interconnects; Virtue Audio single-ended interconnects
    Kimber 12TC speaker cable w/Furez connectors; VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables w/Furutech connectors
    Herbie's Audio Lab system isolation: Tenderfeet, Big Fat Dots, Grungebuster Dots, Little Fat Gliders
    Dedicated 20A/10 AWG circuit; Furutech GTX-D (G) outlet; Furutech eTP80; Shunyata Research Venom Defender; Synergistic Research Orange fuses
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,065
    Options
    Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hang in there.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I agree.

I'm glad the surgery went as planned.

Get some needed rest now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Couldn't Ask for a Better
    Guardian Angel

Hang tough Grunt

5jd4o9hd396z.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Kex
    Options
    Keeping you and your family in our prayers and thoughts every day! Each passing day will bring meaningful progress, at least for the first few days… 😊

Being able to go home is huge, and with your wife’s medical knowledge, you’re going to be fine. 🙏
    Alea jacta est!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Good to hear it went well.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Good to hear this. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Very good news

A potential upside might be more listening sessions 😉
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Very good to hear John, been away from the threads recently but still sending our best wishes and prayers.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Semper Fi, John!