Comments

• zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    A few Audio Exotics popped up on TMR recently:

Nagra HD DAC X D/A Converter - $39,999 (MSRP $65,000)
    7ka9kqjhsufc.png

Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo Preamplifier - $18,999 (MSRP $32,000)
    795bm7viqss9.png

Dan D'Agostino Momentum M400 Mono Power Amplifier; Pair - $32,999 (MSRP $65,000)
    fxz1ob8grvf1.png

MSB Technology Select II DAC; Black; PowerBase - $59,999 (MSRP $89,999)
    5aebt38cv5fb.png

emm Labs DA2 V2 DAC; D/A Converter - $17,819 (MSRP $30,000)
    q8rfakbuh2zh.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    5q3a4pchd341.png

uwaae7vy2dsp.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    Happy Sunday, gentlemen!

n55pbsxx6u7o.jpg

0m26urn4ovbm.jpg

oledjzqnscyu.jpg

tljf35kediin.jpg

zes7dp2aomi1.jpg

og2dmuov1hfh.jpg

7l9vbofigw62.jpg

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

tljf35kediin.jpg
    I bet those get toasty! I'm surprised the acrylic or lexane's not discolored
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    I like that fly-cut alloy look @Clipdat

l5n8ex657aqm.png
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I’m curious what the speakers are in the last pic above? Those are some pretty basic-looking 3-ways compared to the rest of the rig. Guessing that’s not the case, though …

Also, I do see some sweet CABLES laying around! 😝

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I’m curious what the speakers are in the last pic above? <snip>

https://revivalaudio.fr/atalante-5/ (a French-Japanese fusion)

Tom

• pitdogg2
    Options
    xschop wrote: »

l5n8ex657aqm.png
    Dan D'agostino designs beautiful and superb sounding gear. The man, the myth, the legend that brought Krell to market.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

tljf35kediin.jpg
    I bet those get toasty! I'm surprised the acrylic or lexane's not discolored

Yet
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    xschop wrote: »

l5n8ex657aqm.png
    Dan D'agostino designs beautiful and superb sounding gear. The man, the myth, the legend that brought Krell to market.

Agree, I'll machine my 2nd amp dial face the same way.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Some Soul Note gear for your Sunday morning drool session...

ae7a32v2zcfi.png

krs5pwa19fzw.png

dat722bxzq9f.png

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Line magnetic LM WE41.2-21 monoblocks.....good lawd'almighty!

q51oldmt3dvi.png

And here is a few more for your Sunday afternoon enjoyment...

d5rhxdyt5fs1.png

5rbi5a7b5qjo.jpg

re8oy0sfi9ep.jpg

4eg7izsjzk6b.jpg

7q717r6ue30t.jpg

4ccbxlnsquuo.jpg

08i12l1xcj1f.jpg

kgeog2a3u8az.jpg

vqh3s3h4k24v.jpg

cn1n927ydg0r.jpg

haij3xmo0zyy.jpg

9xqrgzv1t2l5.jpg

g125ogb2t4io.jpg

wy53yal80vxu.jpg

g9jx94q9ngb2.jpg

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    There's so much cool stuff out there that even if money was no object, how would you ever decide what you wanted?!

This rig would be right at home on that bus from the other day. lol

jtxac9l7l2q5.jpeg

t0rwbcir56e9.jpg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    There's that tinglingly feeling.....again!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    There's that tinglingly feeling.....again!

zotasc6c03p3.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    Okay, I had a batch of photos ready to rock for this weekend's drooling session but I ran across something that offers you an insight into ultra hi-end gear. I started watching the video, thinking I might make it 2 or 3 minutes into it but I ended up watching the entire thing.

When you have the time, watch this one.

https://youtu.be/ZJGnDSa71VE

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Thx Tom
    I’ll watch that video
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    So, I was able to find out who this woman is. Here name is Angie Lisi and she's been at it for over 40 years.

u5rpar6di119.jpg

She's got a joint up in Canada. Not too far across the Canadian border, for those of you that are up near the great lakes region. I might have to pay here a visit one of these days....as I believe I might be adding this to my bucket list of things to do before I go.

American Sound of Canada Distribution - https://audiopathways.com/

Audio Pathways Inc.
    12261 Yonge St.
    Richmond Hill, ON
    L4E 3M7 CANADA

Tom
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Looks like they deal with dealers only
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Well, now. That would be a real bummer.

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Looks like they deal with dealers only

No they deal with private as well, if you’re serious.

Local member went to her place, auditioned Avant-garde Trios.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    Item #200 is impressive...to say the least. A true beast. It will be interesting to see what certain things go for.

Tom
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    grmp5chpuoxy.jpeg
    Gryphon Audio Designs Kodo Loudspeakers

Cool room.

Not sure about all the components being on the floor and/or stacked. Especially, the TT.

Brian

• treitz3
    Options
    mvsmye47beyu.png

Here's what item #200 went for. Many of the items did not go for what I thought they would. Many were MUCH lower than I expected. I might have to pay attention to more online audio auctions. 😉

Tom
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    I might have to pay attention to more online audio auctions. 😉

Tom

I don't typically seek these types of auctions out, but I'm following one local to me. It is a company that specialized in Smart Home/Custom installations. I suspect they went Bankrupt and are being liquidated by the creditors.

I'm watching and crossing my fingers to be able to grab their demo-room 4K Laser projector for less something in the range of 1/4 to 1/3 of new price. However, there is some bozo who insists on being the top bidder even thought it doesn't end for more than a week. He keeps outbidding anyone who puts a higher bid. There is a certain limit that will require it to be paid by wire transfer and is suspect that will be everyone's limit, at least if they are paying attention to the rules (and the 18% auction fee, and sales tax). I'm ready to be disappointed.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • treitz3
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    However, there is some bozo who insists on being the top bidder even thought it doesn't end for more than a week. He keeps outbidding anyone who puts a higher bid.

Aggravating, to say the least. Sounds like he is shill bidding, which is perfectly legal for online auctions, as long as the bid is below the reserve. If he isn't shill bidding, he's not playing the auction very smart.

Good luck!

Tom

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    However, there is some bozo who insists on being the top bidder even thought it doesn't end for more than a week. He keeps outbidding anyone who puts a higher bid.

Aggravating, to say the least. Sounds like he is shill bidding, which is perfectly legal for online auctions, as long as the bid is below the reserve. If he isn't shill bidding, he's not playing the auction very smart.

Good luck!

Tom

No reserve auction. Not sure about shill bidding. You have to register and put in payment method before you can bid. I just think they are not a smart bidder. I'm watching the other items (about 250 items) and I'm not seeing excessive bidding on them, so I think its just this particular bidder.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Joey_V
    Options
    mvsmye47beyu.png

Here's what item #200 went for. Many of the items did not go for what I thought they would. Many were MUCH lower than I expected. I might have to pay attention to more online audio auctions. 😉

Tom

The logistics of that table… I would not touch it for 20k