One can dream, can't they? - Audio Exotics

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,029
    Options
    That is Elon musks garage system bro
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,327
    Options
    Silly talk there, Trey.

As "The big guy" says...."Come on man!"

That's his powder room rig. Get real bro'.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    @treitz3
    I helped a local friend set up his Kharma db9s, a month later he purchased a Kharma MIDI Grande… one of the speakers you have above.
    The veyron is even a step higher.
    1.5M though… that’s a whole lot of cash burn right there.
    Not our kinda of purchase, those guys who buy those don’t hang out in forums like we do.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    I wish they did. The insight, the wisdom of trickle down technology would help. That is, of course, if they were into the music and not the brand.

Rom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    If you had the wallet that spoke otherwise....and this was still your hobby, the bills were paid and you had a plethora of leftover? Would this still be the case?

For some folks out there? This is literally chump change. Not to us, obviously but...

Tom

Fair question, and yes, supposing I was a billionaire (or more) my listening preferences would still steer me to other speakers that cost far less for a couple reasons:

1) From a moral standpoint, I think spending $1.5mm on a pair of speakers reflects a gross lack of perspective regarding what is important in life.

2) From an engineering standpoint, I don’t like what I see going on with the mids/tweeters in this design, as this arrangement will reduce the listening sweet-spot.

Massive multi-driver speaker towers impressed me when I was younger, but through the years I learned that simpler designs please me the most.

I also prefer to use subs for bass rather than large cabinets in the main L/R speakers.

3) Even now, I find a lot of enjoyment listening to equipment that costs significantly less than I’m able to afford.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited April 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I wish they did. The insight, the wisdom of trickle down technology would help. That is, of course, if they were into the music and not the brand.

Rom

None of the above would help any of us, since most of us aren’t using equipment in the same universe as these speakers appear to be. Right?

But persons with even bigger budgets already have done scientific research that does/has helped even we lower-level listeners.

Unfortunately, that research is dismissed as a bunch of bunk and replaced by unreliable subjective impressions by many audiophiles.
    Post edited by jbreezy5 on
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    When I was buying my Magico m2, I spoke to a guy buying an M6. The difference in income was about 10 fold.

My suspicion is someone buying a $1,500,000 Veyron probably has an income x100 of mine.

Speaking to the guy with the m6 in British racing green carbon fiber being made at Magico… I could not completely understand his lifestyle as it was so different to mine.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    This page needs more peeechers.

bkwk5ad24z8k.png

pgvk8friwkbt.png

73tqqqqrh6o6.png

afx57q3u9a3x.png

qqf275ksezkq.png

k8kfzos335eq.png

71nu6oeiucmh.png

g51pon0gs7ui.png

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited April 2023
    Options
    o63k8cx8o518.jpg
    v78xeqmzhw6k.jpg
    These may be the little brother or the same speaker, either way I've heard them at Axpona several times. They remind my of big PVC tubes with drivers at each end. Not bad but definitely not my cup of tea.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,698
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    o63k8cx8o518.jpg
    v78xeqmzhw6k.jpg
    These may be the little brother or the same speaker, either way I've heard them at Axpona several times. They remind my of big PVC tubes with drivers at each end. Not bad but definitely not my cup of tea.

I built a sealed 12" sub years ago out of thick-walled PVC main line pipe. Sounded pretty good too. Got the piece from the City's Line Maint Dept I was working for at the time.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    Options
    Svs started out using concrete Sonotubes
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Svs started out using concrete Sonotubes

Until the last few years some of the best subs I've ever heard were homemade Sonotube based. My good friend before he passed away had made a huge dual 12" driver Sonotube tuned to 17hz. That thing could flex a room very well. It was impressive!
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Those rooms by @treitz3 are I believe DFW Rhapsody dealer
  • treitz3
    Options
    Various Rhapsody dealer locations but yes. DFW is one of them.

Tom
  • treitz3
    edited May 2023
    Options
    pg8v5ccxa5wi.png

oj2qmhb3bced.png

Lawd, have mercy!

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Geez
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,597
    Options
    6d088fr39qto.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    6d088fr39qto.jpeg

Where did you get that picture from? I have not posted a single picture of my new setup yet…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    One might get the impression that the owner has neither friends nor family.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    One might get the impression that the owner has neither friends nor family.

Sooo what I heard you say is......... that's some serious tornhub surround sound!
    WHOA!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Big screen, one chair.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Big screen, one chair.

Oh....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    All those blue lights would drive @BlueFox nuts
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited June 2023
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    6d088fr39qto.jpeg

Landon Williams rig?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    I just snagged the pic off of some random FB group that popped up as “recommended for” me. Tried to find it again, but can’t even remember the name of it now.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I saw that too
    I wonder if it’s a personal system or a dealer. I see a commercial vent up in the ceiling

I’m not too impressed with dealer set ups as much as if it were a personal set up. If that’s a personal set up, that’s very impressive indeed
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    The cards/plaques below the speakers and on the right wall tell me this is a dealer setup vs a home setup unless you are Kex
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    Lol, imagining someone who puts model numbers and prices next to their gear definitely brought a chuckle
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    The cards/plaques below the speakers and on the right wall tell me this is a dealer setup vs a home setup ...

Sheesh! I didn't see that until you mentioned it ... and now it's so obvious. Lol

Brian