Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    @Clipdat
    Thanks for all the pictures man. Getting through work was a lot easier. 😊
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    Nice work Drew. Thanks!

Next best thing to being there (minus the audio and crowd, of course!)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    GlennDog wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    uma5dbbockjs.jpg

Andrew Jones is a hack :p

Serious question… What are those “Bose-like” speakers at the base of the speaker stands?

those are up lights
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,076
    GlennDog wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    uma5dbbockjs.jpg

Andrew Jones is a hack :p

Serious question… What are those “Bose-like” speakers at the base of the speaker stands?

Those are small spot lights that shine up toward the bookies.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Oooh I want that! I want that! I want that! Is this "guess what room I'm in"?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aprazer402
    edited April 2019
    ^^^ The Women's Bathroom?

EDIT: There should be NO MORE post's like this in this thread, it's far too great to muck up!!!!!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Drew have you hit the Legacy or Focal room yet? See Yall tommorow. Anyone staying for the Shelby Lane show tommrow night? What no Lightman sighting yet WTF.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited April 2019
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Drew have you hit the Legacy or Focal room yet?

Just got a demo of the Legacy Studio HD speakers. Very nice.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    Drew, I'd like to thank you as well, for taking the time to post pics.
  • Clipdat
    gil89d8dulem.jpg

Too much sales pitch not enough music in some rooms.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited April 2019
    Drew have you hit the Legacy or Focal room yet? See Yall tommorow. Anyone staying for the Shelby Lane show tommrow night? What no Lightman sighting yet WTF.

They got him locked up in Great Britain right now...

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/186271/lightman-arrested-in-london#latest
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    edited April 2019
    Too much sales pitch not enough music in some rooms.
    "Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

g5z4yx7o2gj1.jpg
  • Clipdat
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    Thanks for the pictures. I was there as well and really liked the new location. Felt way easier to see more rooms.

Great to meet Skip in person and his room sounded great. Was also a big fan of both Salks rooms, Spatial, Wilson Audio (there were a few rooms with their speakers). I also thought the Emotiva and JTR theaters were pretty cool. Loud, but cool.

Overall a good experience and the ability to listen to some systems that cost more than my house is fun.
  • aprazer402
    edited April 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    "Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

g5z4yx7o2gj1.jpg

"You don't want a Red Ryder BB-gun, you'll shoot your eye out!, you want high-end audiooooo!" That's Ralphie in the front row. Hope he's not one of our guys. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

If they don't remember anything when they wake up, they still won't spend anything... They need to be told to remember to hand them their wallets and open them.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,853
    edited April 2019
    Open your checkbook :'(
    3kx43j5afgoo.jpg
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    fl47gfqmqj43.jpg

For me, best sound ever. Other than the Scaena room.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056

They got him locked up in Great Britain right now...

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/186271/lightman-arrested-in-london#latest

Ha Ha the world traveler got incarerated overseas, I guess that's a good enough reason for him missing the show then. Hopefully he gets out in time to entertain them Texas fellers down at the Lonestar show. :p
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • aprazer402
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Open your checkbook :'(
    3kx43j5afgoo.jpg

Gonna need a really big checkbook! Total is $554,450.00 plus whatever else your heart desires. Fat cat discretionary income territory!
  • nooshinjohn
    I have it on good authority that about 60 percent of that tab is profit for the distributor...

• aprazer402
    edited April 2019
    ^^^ I thought those were the deep-discount prices always offered at these shows. :)

I really appreciate these photos, keep them coming. I'll shut up and just gawk now.