Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,298
    6hbkfh6mrcm2.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,593
    edited April 12
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Drew have you hit the Legacy or Focal room yet? See Yall tommorow. Anyone staying for the Shelby Lane show tommrow night? What no Lightman sighting yet WTF.

They got him locked up in Great Britain right now...

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/186271/lightman-arrested-in-london#latest
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,605
    edited April 12
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Too much sales pitch not enough music in some rooms.
    "Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

g5z4yx7o2gj1.jpg
    2.0 - Marantz: PM8005, NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

3.1 - Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c, PSW125 | PS Audio Quintet | VooDoo-Hubbell IG 8300 | Acoustic Panels, Acoustimac Bass Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
    I'm spent.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • factorzfactorz Posts: 352
    Thanks for the pictures. I was there as well and really liked the new location. Felt way easier to see more rooms.

Great to meet Skip in person and his room sounded great. Was also a big fan of both Salks rooms, Spatial, Wilson Audio (there were a few rooms with their speakers). I also thought the Emotiva and JTR theaters were pretty cool. Loud, but cool.

Overall a good experience and the ability to listen to some systems that cost more than my house is fun.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,542
    edited April 12
    Hermitism wrote: »
    "Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

g5z4yx7o2gj1.jpg

"You don't want a Red Ryder BB-gun, you'll shoot your eye out!, you want high-end audiooooo!" That's Ralphie in the front row. Hope he's not one of our guys. :)
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Look into the swinging pendant. You are growing sleepy. Listen to the polite sound of the music. You want to spend thousands of dollars. You want to buy this entire system. You want to give me all your money. When I count to three, you'll open your eyes. You won't remember anything after you wake up."

If they don't remember anything when they wake up, they still won't spend anything... They need to be told to remember to hand them their wallets and open them.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,703
    edited April 12
    Open your checkbook :'(
    3kx43j5afgoo.jpg
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,721
    fl47gfqmqj43.jpg

For me, best sound ever. Other than the Scaena room.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,084
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Drew have you hit the Legacy or Focal room yet? See Yall tommorow. Anyone staying for the Shelby Lane show tommrow night? What no Lightman sighting yet WTF.

They got him locked up in Great Britain right now...

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/186271/lightman-arrested-in-london#latest

Ha Ha the world traveler got incarerated overseas, I guess that's a good enough reason for him missing the show then. Hopefully he gets out in time to entertain them Texas fellers down at the Lonestar show. :p
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Open your checkbook :'(
    3kx43j5afgoo.jpg

Gonna need a really big checkbook! Total is $554,450.00 plus whatever else your heart desires. Fat cat discretionary income territory!
    I have it on good authority that about 60 percent of that tab is profit for the distributor...

edited April 12
    ^^^ I thought those were the deep-discount prices always offered at these shows. :)

I really appreciate these photos, keep them coming. I'll shut up and just gawk now.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,721
    314su6l8vq9s.jpeg
    ytxlllioogr5.jpeg
    thusl9cyg3iq.jpeg
    xy5tbb1sxh0q.jpeg
    zxdtpglxx288.jpeg
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    @SCompRacer @daboyz @erniejade @Thorton @marvda1 @verb

Great meeting you all at the show! It's been a lot of fun already, looking forward to tomorrow!
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,291
    I kinda got in trouble with Herb Reichert. He is sleeping next door and I was a bit too loud last night. Oops.

He gave me a 10:00 curfew tonight.
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 7,195
    edited April 12
    @SCompRacer @daboyz @erniejade @Thorton @marvda1 @verb

Great meeting you all at the show! It's been a lot of fun already, looking forward to tomorrow!

Ditto!

We started talking turntables and someone started moaning...lol

Don't forget Aaron, ALL212!

Skip's room sounded really good, again. He deserves an award.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,935
    you and Aaron there tomorrow Rich?
    A major award?

760095_1.jpg
    edited April 12
    ZMF Headphones, in or near Chicago. Aaron knows. These sounded and looked really good. Various woods used. Not real heavy. Can be pricey. Pic's snagged.

https://www.zmfheadphones.com/

we0l9wbd00m7.png

si7hriargt6i.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

pitdogg2 wrote: »

Aaron may be, but I'm spent. Working too many hours.

A major award?

Yes, a fra-jee-lay award!.

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,113
    hx4vzdr8t42f.jpg

This amp was crazy good.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

halo wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »
    hx4vzdr8t42f.jpg

This amp was crazy good.

Von Schweikert speakers paired with this amp/gear?

Yep. Fantastic combo
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 7,084
    Standing in line at the local store for record store day I'm about 20th in the line so it should be in and out then heading to Schamburg first stop for me will be Audio Thesis. Hope to bump into all of you.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    I start my day at skips room ( sounding better the last year) and then start from there.

For me so far, the 2 surprise speakers was 1 klipsch forte. I might have been the music they were playing but they sound nothing like the forte i remember from the 70's and 80's @4k price.

In Wally's room the LSA . Both the bookies and floor standing sounded darn good especially for the price. Audio purists, he is running dsp on the bookies but he will turn it off if you ask him to. The towers he said a axpona weekend only for 3k a set. They sounded great for the $ and he wasn't using a high dollar amplifier either.

The big rooms down stairs, make sure folks hit the eureka and epiphany rooms. Hopefully see all in a bit. Btw we changed dinner plans. Cancelled Bahama Breeze and were gonna hit giordanos instead

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,935
    edited April 13
    erniejade wrote: »
    Btw we changed dinner plans. Cancelled Bahama Breeze and were gonna hit giordanos instead

Bummed I can eat that pizza here in town. Was looking forward to something different and that place appeared to have a good selection of seafood.

running late see you all when I see you.

• ALL212ALL212 Posts: 1,149
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Aaron may be, but I'm spent. Working too many hours.

I’ll be around until noon, early pm.

Probably wander back up to Skips room again as it does warrant some more listening.

Stopping at Odyssey on the way up to Skips.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire