What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,396
    Working 3rd shift in a work zone on interstates you quickly learn to despise truck drivers. Gotta get that load there and it doesn't seem to matter to any of them if someone gets killed or not. Fed-ex with double trailers and Bob's furniture drivers stand out in particular as being the worst of the worst.
  • stevepstevep Posts: 110
    CH46E wrote: »
    Eyes rolling in my head. We welcome you all to FL BUT PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY THE **** OUT OF THE LEFT LANE! :#:#

While your at it, stop sleeping in the middle lane too.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,745
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    I made another pair of Frankenspeakers.
    This time, I mated my walnut 1962 Creative speaker cabs to a pair of 2.5" Bose Wave Radio drivers that I pirated out of a non working unit.
    I traced the old CTS drivers onto some MDF and cut a smaller mounting hole in the center of my plugs for the Bose drivers.
    Some Mortite gaskets and a little black india ink and they looked almost stock.
    They sound great !
    I have to put the sub's x-over up to about 130 Hz to meet them, but it sounds just like the bass is eminating from the speakers.
    This is what I do in the winter while my bike is mothballed.......

Pics my brother! Please! :smile:

Here ya go......
    I think I'm getting closer to the sound that I want and though these 2.5" bose drivers sound great, I think I may go up another 1/2" and try the Tang Band 3" bamboo full range that Parts Express sells.
    That way the sub won't have to reach as far up to meet them.
    Also the Tang Bands have a really nice build quality.

j0x950an0ox4.jpg

fn1u7jb56c8j.jpg

Im pretty sure I saw the Tang bands you mentioned are out of stock until March IIRC.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,639
    edited January 25
    I listened to my RTA12b's while working outside.

I then listened to them and the Pinnacles 50/50 later on inside for about 45 minutes.

Had a BLAST! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 946
    Changed the lights I put in a couple of weeks ago. They were LED and gave off a slight hum. Couldn’t have that. Replaced them with old school fixtures. All good now.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables
    Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75
    Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files
    Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"
    Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"
  • sgmsmgsgmsmg Posts: 401
    Moved up a rung on the Bryston amplifier ladder from a 4B3 to the 14B3. So far I like what I am hearing.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65-Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Yamaha CX-A5100
    Amp: Parasound JC5, A31, A51
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB13 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Rocket 88, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
    Power: PS Audio P5 Regenerator, Furman IT Reference 15i, Pangea AC14SE and AC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR75X940D
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,105
    $11k amp!
    You go w your bad self.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,885

Atta boy!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    You know that guy is now the director of music at a church down the road from me. ^
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    edited January 26
    I dont care what anyone thinks of me..... that song is a classic and will be popular for ever. "You can get yours in a 64"

That from the guy who goes to Celine Dion concerts. Hahahah
  • jbreezy5jbreezy5 Posts: 39
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Got home from work and turned the system on for a night of tunes and smelled this from the preamp power supply. :'(
    ips9btp8zewz.jpg

Bummer dude! 😲
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 855
    Set up the Demo L200's, looking forward to hearing what the new design has to offer.

a66h1ss71rge.jpg

I love the symmetry aesthetic.

Living room: Clearaudio Champion II turntable, EAR 834P phono pre, Auralic Altair DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, DIY 6H30 Class A Linestage, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers, DIY Baltic birch rack
    Sun room: DIY Nelson Pass B1 w/Korg NuTube pre, Logitech Bluetooth, DIY EL34 amp, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns, Mapleshade Samson rack
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Panamax M5400-PM power, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
    Dining room: Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Sumo Athena pre, SST Ampzilla 2000 amps, Quad 2905 speakers
  • halohalo Posts: 5,424
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    Set up the Demo L200's, looking forward to hearing what the new design has to offer.

a66h1ss71rge.jpg

Agree! Beautiful listening room and I bet it sound great too!
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,703

a66h1ss71rge.jpg

Thank you, my wife says I'm just a 'Tad bit OCD' :D

halo wrote: »

a66h1ss71rge.jpg

Agree! Beautiful listening room and I bet it sound great too!

Thank you. Only one way to find out ;)

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
    *chews popcorn*
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,560
    Looks like some good Knopfler too!
    dromunds wrote: »
    Looks like some good Knopfler too!

Yes Sir ;)

And Traffic too. ;)

I play that one every once in a while. I just played it a few times in the last couple of months to test the sound quality of some speakers. I think my CD is recorded with the highs emphasized. It was brutal. But I've heard it a thousand times and mostly it sounded musical. Maybe FM subdues the highs?
    Tony M wrote: »
    And Traffic too. ;)

I play that one every once in a while. I just played it a few times in the last couple of months to test the sound quality of some speakers. I think my CD is recorded with the highs emphasized. It was brutal. But I've heard it a thousand times and mostly it sounded musical. Maybe FM subdues the highs?

Yep, The upper end on the Low Spark CD is a little hot.

An original pressing Vinyl is saweet.

I have that too. :p 2 of their albums. Their not too hard to find in a row of albums either! :)B)
    Maybe that's why I remember it sounding a whole lot nicer before.
    TEAforONE wrote: »

a66h1ss71rge.jpg

I love your listening room!!

For sure! Make me want to take down my movie posters and such.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,842
    Added a Belles 350A Reference amp to my main system.
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    Belles 350A Reference Amp
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    audioluvr wrote: »

Um, photos? Photos or it did not happen! :D
  • gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,034
    Replaced an Emotiva preamp with a Maverick D1+ and Realistic phono pre. The improvement was drastic.
    Make it Funky! :)
    CH46E wrote: »

Um, photos? Photos or it did not happen! :D

Right! My bad!

mckl5k7adfdn.jpg

Very nice man! Looks like a great view also.