What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Options

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ebwghcbg5bb3.jpg
    Got a new TV console set up today and mounted TV on the wall and transferred all of my audio stuff into it. It's 7" wider and 5" taller than our last piece. The L400 is at a better height now.

It came in missing a piece on the right door so we are waiting to see what happens when the seller contacts us. They'll be taking it back or sending us the missing piece.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Obligatory slide the center channel up to the front edge of the console comment.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    ebwghcbg5bb3.jpg
    Got a new TV console set up today and mounted TV on the wall and transferred all of my audio stuff into it. It's 7" wider and 5" taller than our last piece. The L400 is at a better height now.

It came in missing a piece on the right door so we are waiting to see what happens when the seller contacts us. They'll be taking it back or sending us the missing piece.

You're listening to one of my favorite songs. B)

Love the set-up.

I bet it sounds as good as it can get. Movies and TV stuff too.

;)
    https://youtu.be/JRIKNINTFls
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks,

It sounds good compared to where I started from on here. I'm sure some on here sound a lot better, but I'm pretty happy with it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    Nice console. Great looking set up.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Got frustrated as all get up. Wanted to throw the i-Pad out the window or smash it to smithereens.....

Drew (Clipdat) helped. (Immensely)

My wife helped.

I am still working on it.

Days like today make me wonder why I am even in this %$#@(*!! hobby.

Other than that? Listened to some great tunes.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    Options
    .... And installed an arc welder into your system
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Started too at least. I started installing that after trying to fix the NAP connection issues.

5 total hours I worked on that damned network. Still only got maybe 1 minute or two of music out of the network player. Was able to determine that the Ethernet cable I was using *might* be compromised already (or just sheer coincidence when I fiddled around near the connection). So, lost that and went to a new one through an extender. Have a signal, all devices on the same IP @ 2.4Hz, songs come up but the system freezes when I hit play or it plays when it wants to play. Not when I want it too.

I don't think I have cursed so much in one evening in my life.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    Options
    Mesh system man, seriously worth it. Extended are not the way to go
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Got the tape measure out and moved the Legends into a more ideal spot. The SDA-SRS's will be moving on shortly.

You are finding them to best the big dogs as well?

Yes. Mostly in resolution. They are just so dead on.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Got the tape measure out and moved the Legends into a more ideal spot. The SDA-SRS's will be moving on shortly.

You are finding them to best the big dogs as well?

Yes. Mostly in resolution. They are just so dead on.

I hated them at first, but the more they played, the more they opened up and eventually won me over. They are the first new speaker I have ever owned....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Still wip, but I hired the electricians working on the garage to add 2 dedicated circuits, one 15amp and another 20amp.

The 15 amp will be used to power the power conditioner and other components.

The 20 amp will power the amplifiers!

I had them bridge 2 receptacles per circuit, left and right of the doorway, to clean up the cables on the floor (trip hazard)!

A little messy!

dcmjx9mg4an1.jpg
    3r3r3rv6kihz.jpg

Right of doorway:
    ms4ouja6eu9v.jpg

Left of doorway:
    vzlquf8iizec.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    verb wrote: »

A little messy!

All you really need are some cheese puffs you are about set!

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I took the time to glue up some more vintage Polk 6 1/2" woofers.

I also looked at the Gorilla super glue gel I put on those 3 woofers that I fixed using Rob's jig.

The glue has set hard as steel. I doubt anything will shift on its own. :)

I did notice one woofer I glued today had a misaligned magnet. The woofer cone moved freely, so I glued it up that way.

I'm very pleased. I will do my SDA-SRS2's soon. Then the Monitor 10's above them after that. :)

The Gorilla glue gel container/bottle has lasted a long time. I think I've done 7 woofers and haven't emptied the first bottle yet. It's getting low though.
  • verb
    Options
    Oh yeah, the 20amp circuit has Shunyata receptacles!
    SIHAB wrote: »

A little messy!

All you really need are some cheese puffs you are about set!

Yeah love cheese puffs! I was a little shocked when I went down to see they were deep into it and as electricians do, make a mess! All cleaned up now, I'm gonna finally hook up the 2 MC300's to run as monoblocks!

Oh yeah, I used Shunyata SR-Z1 receptacles for the 20amp circuits. I have some hospital grade 15amp receptacles in the 15amp circuit, placeholders for now, but for sure there is an upgrade path there.

ahl9ox08elng.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    zobndgv1wukg.jpeg

Do I spot cheese puffs??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

I also looked at the Gorilla super glue gel I put on those 3 woofers that I fixed using Rob's jig.

I did notice one woofer I glued today had a misaligned magnet. The woofer cone moved freely, so I glued it up that way.

I'm very pleased. I will do my SDA-SRS2's soon. Then the Monitor 10's above them after that. :)

The Gorilla glue gel container/bottle has lasted a long time. I think I've done 7 woofers and haven't emptied the first bottle yet. It's getting low though.

@Tony M

Got any pictures to post?

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

@Tony M

Got any pictures to post?

Only 2 right now. The glue was still wet when these were taken. I saw some wicking OR there was some air on some of the beads. I put more glue on the spots that didn't look like a good bead was there. I think it dried to a silver color. I'll get some more pics of the beads later today. ;)

6a0xeai8n1py.jpg

vuxo7i4a7jq5.jpg

• Tony M
    Options
    I just looked at the woofers I glued up yesterday and the glue looks clear on them.

So maybe yesterday I was just seeing a reflection of the steel plates. :)
  • treitz3
    Options
    Nothing but listening to the wonderful sounds created by this thing we call...music.

Tom
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @verb curious why not two 20A circuits? Material cost difference is negligible.

Sure, you may not need it. But it gives you some extra ampacity should the need arise. You know, just in case you ever get the itch to raid the closet stash and run like 5 systems at once. 😉 The overkill in me would have went 10awg wire too. In fact, I did when I ran my dedicated circuts.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll notice a difference, I certainly did.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Added one of these, woot, woot…

e9o5ypra0r45.jpeg
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    So far, I have only tested the 'receptacle' outputs for current/wiring, but all good at this point.
    3v5x84o2xhh9.jpg
    c4rx0xb3xa5l.jpg
    This TAD 'Power Purifier' is a Jack Bybee/John Curl design, so good enough for me...as far as trial purposes. Of course, A/B comparisons of power conditioner products is VERY difficult, so I'm not expecting night-and-day differences. My current reference is a PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3 regenerator.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    Options
    This should be on a different thread, "dedicated" (pun intended) to itself.

I have had varying degrees of conditioners, PS units and heard a couple of regenerators throughout my audio journey. Each had a different tale to tell. It is COMPLETELY system dependent IME.

Tom
  • verb
    edited March 2022
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    @verb curious why not two 20A circuits? Material cost difference is negligible.

Sure, you may not need it. But it gives you some extra ampacity should the need arise. You know, just in case you ever get the itch to raid the closet stash and run like 5 systems at once. 😉 The overkill in me would have went 10awg wire too. In fact, I did when I ran my dedicated circuts.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll notice a difference, I certainly did.

I thought about it for sure. I went with the 15amp instead cause I know I'd never use it for additional ampage! But hey, I now have a really awesome electrical guy that comes over if needed for a few hours to work on small jobs like mine.

I bridged the 20amp over to the other side of the doorway so I could run both MC300's on the same 20amp circuit.

Now I gotta hook all this mess up!

PS - I used the same strategy in the new garage. One dedicated 20amp for a power amp (if I ever do a power amp setup) and a dedicated 15amp for the Cambridge integrated. I have another (not dedicated) receptacle just for the TV.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    Options
    How about Cryo Treated Romex for $3.99 per ft.? What would your electrician say?? 😁

https://www.vhaudio.com/wire.html
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • verb
    Options
    How about Cryo Treated Romex for $3.99 per ft.? What would your electrician say?? 😁

Lol yeah - He already freaked at how much the Shunyata's cost! Not a true believer for sure, despite my best at an explanation. He does agree with the isolated circuits though (I do have noisy fluorescent overhead lights that need replacing). I promised him a demo once I get everything hooked up!
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options

Lol yeah - He already freaked at how much the Shunyata's cost! Not a true believer for sure, despite my best at an explanation. He does agree with the isolated circuits though (I do have noisy fluorescent overhead lights that need replacing). I promised him a demo once I get everything hooked up!

Perhaps have him sit down for 5 minutes and watch this informative video. One of the best ones I've seen for cables and even has some measurements confirming some of what we already know.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132VMLNrxZE
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options

When I had my dedicated lines installed my electrician had the same reaction when I told him the cost of the power cords. However, just because someone knows how to install wire that doesn't make them knowledgeable in understanding electronics.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

When I had my dedicated lines installed my electrician had the same reaction when I told him the cost of the power cords. However, just because someone knows how to install wire that doesn't make them knowledgeable in understanding electronics.

Take Russ for example.....

I'm going to pay for that one, I'm sure of it....⚡⚡⚡😁