Formula One 2018

Options

Comments

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    I bet Red Bull wishes they stayed out on the old tires the last lap.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The race was crazy at the end.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,601
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Did they pit Max Verstupid because they didn't realize that Hamilton's tire was shredding the same as Bottas'?
    Post edited by Clipdat on
  • F1nut
    Options
    They pitted Max so he could get the point for fast lap as there was no guarantee Lewis would blow a tire, which he did, but after Max pitted.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Thanks. It was hard to tell from the TV feed/angles if there would have been any way for the Red Bull team to know that Lewis' tire was about to fail.

It's possible it was deforming but not yet visibly shredding when they decided to have Max do a pit stop.

Either way that was a pretty entertaining finish, even though I'm not a huge fan of that track in general. Although I realize it has quite the following.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hmmmm.....now Red Bull is saying they weren't sure Max would make it to the end without blowing a tire, so that's why they pitted him. I think they are trying to lessen the egg on their face. Still 2nd isn't a bad day at the track.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Your post is accurate except for the part about 2nd place. Everyone knows second place is just the first loser.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    This up coming weekend, we will see different strategies that will be focus on tire wear and the added pressure of using a softer compound across all 3 types.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Who let "Verstupid" and that Honda sneak up there?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • machone
    Options
    Max!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• recoveryone
    Options
    As they say, "from start to finish the results were never in doubt"
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • recoveryone
    Options
    What will they complain about next? They got rid of the party modes on the engines and the merc's still walk away from the field. Hamilton sets new track record and ties schumacher pole record.
  • machone
    Options
    Fun race!
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Sony PS4

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    That was one of the most entertaining F1 races I have watched in a long time. I was pulling for Sainz to catch Gasly but either way was a riveting watch
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Great track, fun race.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Well Perez is out and Vettel is in at Racing Point... 2021 new team name 'Aston Martin'! They kept Stroll and canceled Perez's contract 2 seasons early, cause daddy owns the team.
    Thoughts...
  • F1nut
    Options
    HUGE mistake, Vettel should retire because he doesn't have it any longer.

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    Options
    I think Perez will find a ride, but it is sad that all the time he put in at Force India/Racing Point will only benefit Vettle. Reno would be a good fit for him as they also are on the improving side of things. Having to go to Haas or Williams would just kill his career.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Bottas got a win, finally. It seems this year the stewards are really combing through the rule book this year. From track limits to other infractions that no one has ever heard of.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Most of the infractions weren't "rule book" violations. They were stewards meet notes infractions.
    For Hamilton, he violated the practice start designated areas for this particular track by doing 2 practice starts outside of those areas.

For the majority of the rest of the infractions, it was the sausage curbs and what you were supposed to do with driving around the bollards if you crossed over those orange sausage curbs.

Unfortunately, for the sport, it is a lot like MotoGP was until the top rider got injured and is sitting out the rest of the season.
    Except with F1, you would need Mercedes to suffer a Ferrari-like penalty AND for Hamilton to sit out the rest of the season.

As much as something like that sucks, it has made MotoGP this season some of the best racing seen in years. Going into this past weekend's race, the top 4 were separated by only 4 points while the top 10 were all within 1 race win of the number 1 position.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Has anyone else been watching the F1 series on Netflix - "Drive to Survive"?

I'm several episodes into season one. Great production value and sound quality. There's a ton of great angles and shots from previous races that you don't get to see via the regular TV broadcast. Highly recommend checking it out if you're even remotely interested in F1 racing.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    waiting on season 3
  • F1nut
    Options
    Honda announced they are leaving at the end of the 2021 season.

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    Options
    I guess Red Bull and Reno will have to remarry....lol
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Lewis bagged 91 wins and ties Schumacher's record, odds are in his favor to win possible 4 more out of the next 8 races.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Congrats to Danny Ric for the podium finish!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Grosjean is finally getting the boot. Hard to understand why he lasted this long.

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,929
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Six-time world champion Lewis Hamilton has broken Michael Schumacher's all-time Formula One win record after dominating the Portuguese Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamilton breaks all-time F1 win record

Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Six-time world champion Lewis Hamilton has broken Michael Schumacher's all-time Formula One win record after dominating the Portuguese Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamilton breaks all-time F1 win record

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!! :s
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Lewis Hamilton G.O.A.T of his era, most likely he will be Knighted by the Queen and his Name will always be mention along with Fangio, Schumacher, Lauda, Senna and Prost and other past greats. The numbers speak for themselves and he not even done.