Formula One 2018

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Excited to see what Ricciardo can do at Renault!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Languish in obscurity...at least that’s what I suspect Smiley will be doing at Renault. Sad thing too as I like the guy.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • See the new Haas color scheme

3r1zmlhdncfc.jpg
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Looks like Lotus a few years back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    If the season goes like this free practice session, this could be the most interesting season in decades, other than the Merc at the top so far the field is jumbo up on down. That Haas machine look so much like the old John Player Special on the track today, to bad they need to replace Grojean.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited March 2019
    I watched F1 Drive to Survive on Netflix early March.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very good show
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    SCompRacer wrote: »

Great production - especially the sound!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    F1 opening weekend! Get psyched!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Very good show
    daddyjt wrote: »

I figured it would be good being done by the same producers of Senna.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • recoveryone
    Hamilton on pole, but the rest of the field is open game
  • recoveryone
    Bottas FTW as the Mercs sweep 1 n 2
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Very good show
    daddyjt wrote: »

I figured it would be good being done by the same producers of Senna.

Senna was a fantastic film.
  • ZLTFUL
    I suspect that Le Clerc had the pace to get past his team mate and would have liked to see what Le Clerc had without the team orders in place.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • recoveryone
    Le Clerc had the race one until a grimlin crawled into the Turbo, another 1 2 for the Mercs
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited April 2019
    Le Clerc had the race one until a grimlin crawled into the Turbo, another 1 2 for the Mercs

Yeah, it looks like LeClerc is the real deal. The way he recovered to the lead after falling to 3rd at the start was impressive. Fast, but without the over aggressive shenanigans that Verstappen pulled in his first couple years. I might have to start pulling for Ferrari (just not Vettel).
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • recoveryone
    edited April 2019
    Well the Merc's run off another 1/2, but I would like to take a look at the rest of the field. Outside of the top 3 teams Haas was suppose to be the best of the rest, and by their qualifying positions that should be the case. I only see an issue with the drivers, Gro should have been let go after last years efforts. Mag is starting to catch whatever is ailing Gro. The story over at Force India is what is wrong with sports at any and all levels. Ocon lost his seat over money. Stroll is showing that his daddies money can't make you competitive. He has failed to get out of Q1 in two years with two different teams, and Force India was in the hunt each race last year scoring points (top 10 finishes). Max V, the darling of the last two years under the shadow of Riccado, is glowing in the spot light and it may be to bright for him. Being the number 1 man has made him less aggressive, knowing that if he doesn't finish well the team has no teammate driver in the hunt.

My Surprise team so far is the raise of McLaren. This new guy Nord is putting the rest of the best on notice. Its good to see Kimi and Riccado making their teams respectable and I figured as much, it just goes to show that a good driver can make an average car better.
  • recoveryone
    edited April 2019
    ESPN screwed the pooch today, by not extending the qualifying time that was delayed due to an accident. I'm watching the replay and it stops at the end of Q2. SMH. If it was any other sport that needed more time to finish they would adjust their scheduled programing.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Silver Arrows 1&2.......yawn
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • recoveryone
    edited May 2019
    No comments on the Spanish GrandPrix? another 1-2 for the Mercs, but the same thing happen when Red Bull was on that same roll for 4-5 years. I only wonder how long Haas will put up with Grosjean lack of performance. I know they are waiting on an American driver to go with this American team, but in F1 finishing points equal money for the team. Haas should be on the heels of Red Bull for constructor points, based on qualifying, but when your not getting those points for finishing in the top 10 it only hurts the team over all.

Again Stoll shows us who he is, he needs to go down to F2 and get some more time under his belt and stop wasting daddies money or is dad pushing to hard.
  • ZLTFUL
    edited May 2019
    It sucks that F1 has become a predictable formula.

Win the start and pit stop strategy, win the race.

As a Hammy fan and a Bottas fan, it is nice but uninspiring.
    As a Ferrari/LeClerc fan, it is good to see the kid up near the pointy end and regularly going toe to toe with Seb since I loathe the **** (Really... K R A U T is censored? LOL) bastage!

• joecoulson
    Seems to me that all the newer tracks are really hard to pass on, used to be that Monaco was the only pole position half guaranteed win...
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Not into GP racing, only motorcycles. But a great inspiration to all!
    Peace. D
    https://jalopnik.com/billy-monger-takes-pau-grand-prix-victory-two-years-aft-1834875544
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Wow - just watched Monaco off the DVR. 67 laps on medium tires... damn.

On a side note, it kills me to see those empty balconies on that building in the hairpin - seriously?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Those $$$ folks probably left town for the weekend.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    James (Merc team P.E) should have told Ham to shut up and drive, Your a 5x F1 Champ, Act like it.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    James (Merc team P.E) should have told Ham to shut up and drive, Your a 5x F1 Champ, Act like it.
    Wow, Really?

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • ZLTFUL
    While on the one hand, I totally get Hammy panicking at the thought of the tires going away from him...being that they would only get worse and worse. But on the other hand, he was acting very un-Champ-like.

He had the lead at Monaco. A notoriously difficult place to pass even under the most ideal conditions.
    But I also understand the mentality of wanting to win in a place like Monaco. Especially this season. Monaco is usually an "anybody can win it" place so not giving those points away to somebody else to allow Bottas to close the gap or even worse, Le Clerc or Verstappen was alos heavily on his mind.

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Man f1 is becoming hard to watch.

It’s racing, penalizing Vettel for that re-entry is simply retarded
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited June 2019
    stangman67 wrote: »
    It’s racing, penalizing Vettel for that re-entry is simply retarded

That's a tough call. He knew Hamilton was there and could have taken a tighter line to give him room.

However, it almost looks like a quick front tire twitch from Vettel while he was driving towards the wall.....so was he still clawing for traction or was that for show?

I think he could have taken a slightly tighter line and let Hamilton by.

I would like to see Hamilton win it outright regardless of the penalty. Hopefully he can do that to dismiss any victory from a penalty.