Formula One 2018

Options

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I just think they are taking the fun out of racing. He came off of grass with tires spinning trying to keep his car in control. Not intentionally blocking Hamilton. Even if it was a block, that’s all fair in racing as long as it’s safe. Nothing he did was unsafe. Sebastian deserves this one in my book, and FIA once again has decided the end of the race on their own. Could have been an epic battle at the end for an actual win
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    He came off of grass with tires spinning trying to keep his car in control. Not intentionally blocking Hamilton

If there was grass on the right side of Hamilton, he would have passed him, no question. Being there was a wall, Vettel dangerously closed in on him considering his closing speed....there was nowhere for him to go and that was his position to take.

Watching it again Vettel clearly took a straight line to close that gap.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I think the stewards made the right call.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    And the right call made for a rather uninteresting finish.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    True, but it did get interesting after the finish....LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    At this rate Hamilton could have this season wrapped up by COTA. Sad, but Vette and the rest have not put up a real fight this year as expected. Bottas was the only real challenger. Merc will walk away with its 7th constructors trophy in a row behind Hamiltons 6th f1 Championship, which will seal his legacy as one of GOAT drivers, especially in the Hybrid era.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    I'm sorry - but something is missing from F1 now (for me) it's not even a shade of the Schumacher or even Senna days - so boring comparatively
    It still mops the floor with most any other racing out there save Le Mans, but still - such a waste
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Well another 1,2 start for the Mercs, but mounting tension in the Ferrari camp could lead to Vette's departure. Last year they said goodby to the team principal and things are getter worse. So is Vette the poison pill? McClaren has proving its on the road of recovery, while Haas needs to kick Gosjean to the curb, he is F1 version of "Sleprock" (bad luck guy from the Flintstones). I won't even say much else about Stroll, the proof is in the pudding. I think the new rules on the spending cap will make F1 the race to watch in the future as it will make the playing more level for all teams. I'm sure Willaims is having dreams of delight just thinking they can possible make it to Q2 and 3.

I still think Lewis will return to McClaren within the next 3 years to finish his F1 career.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Well unless Hamiltons' plane gets lost over the Bermuda triangle and the Mercedes Factory blows up, I think we can call this years F1 championship a wrap. Bottas is still in the hunt, but one more win by Hamilton could seal the deal. Vette so far back in points he needs a few DNF's by Hamilton to get back in the saddle. And can we put Max V picture on the side of a milk carton (Have you seen him), if he and Red Bull are not careful they may be looking at the back end of Mclaren's.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Out by the airport checking on some construction projects and I see this in the mothball area getting disassemble

uei3w1suqyur.jpg
  • F1nut
    Options
    Get a torch and cut out the lettering section.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    Options
    Just as I was saying we need to put Max V picture on the side of milk cartons, he shows up. Great race by the young guns, hope to see more racing like this in the future.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Congrats to Honda! ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I seriously hope today's whine-fest by Le Clerc was a heat of the moment one time deal. I am no Verstapen fan by any stretch but that was a fair pass and was going to happen before the end of the race anyway. Good clean fighting for position and Max had the line so...

I have hope that it was just a heat of the moment whine and he got to look at it after the race and he agrees because I have faith in him being the future of Ferrari and giving me a reason to root for them again (Can't stand Seb).
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,129
    Options
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Best race of the year so far, from the opening laps to mid end, fights for position was on. Another bad break for Bottas, and Slep Rock (Grosjohn) keeps his poor driving ways about him.
  • F1nut
    Options
    What a race!

President of Club Polk

• recoveryone
    Options
    Roman Grosjohn

k061okgbzk94.png
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    What a head up the a$$ moment for Seb.

And poor Valteiri...that safety car was perfect for the Hammy leapfrog.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    Options

A continuation from last year. At the rate he's going he might be looking for a new ride soon.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Silverstone is an amazing track!
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

A continuation from last year. At the rate he's going he might be looking for a new ride soon.

I want to see him driving a Formula E car. Can't stand him really. He has skills but he is one of the biggest crybabies in the sport.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Honda is on fire. I can hear Ferrari and Mercedes crying in the corner.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • recoveryone
    Options
    I don't know about the real on coming of Red Bull/Honda, but this race was a throw back to the 1970's, it was anybody's win.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Crazy one off race. The norm will return at the next one.

President of Club Polk

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options

Too bad they can't all be like this one.
    Loved it
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,129
    Options

Spoilsport.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Agree Jesse. Unfortunately, we go back to the status quo.

• Clipdat
    Options
    I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like wet races.
  • F1nut
    Options
    You are. Wet races lead to a great deal of excitement.....anything can happen and does.

President of Club Polk