Equipment Racks

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,274
    No, I don't.
    But maybe I have a Sanus rack, I but not like the style you're looking at.

But the photographer is probably the one who mounted the KEF speakers on the upside down speaker stands I posted a few days ago.

I guess the photographer and everybody around him NEVER owned an electronics stand or rack before. :o :s

The website isn't working quite right for me. But I did see your stand picture on their site and it is indeed showing the back of the stand, as I would use it. The wire holes belong in the back, right?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,961
    My new product line, thanks to AXPONA:

http://starsoundtechnologies.com/

For this thread, the Sistrum Rhythm products are appropriate.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,937
    Wow, looks nice. Sistrum Rhythm Platforms RP4 Price: $5749.99

ssa0146-fourcopy_001.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,226
    Not bad, but I like the look and stability of 4 pole racks myself. Do those upward pointing spikes go into the bottom of the component?

Our Solidsteel Hyperspike Prestige series (HP series) racks are real beauties, with excellent isolation.
    The HP-4 Black
    7rgsuj4iiy88.jpg
    Or the HP-4 Travertine available by special order.
    2ge9kt95kpvf.jpg

Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
    Hey Doug,

With the Star Sound products, your gear does not sit directly on the platform. They use the points to elevate your product and the points are able to be placed anywhere through the slots. You can use three, four, or however many you want to ensure stability. Their products are not built on the idea of isolation, but vibration management. The rack is steady but is absolutely meant to vibrate. The energy transfers to the floor so it takes the resonance out of the system so to speak.

While that picture doesn't show it, they do have caps that go on the points so that you don't scratch your gear. He has some really intuitive designs. I ran into several of his clients during the show who recognized it and they loved the gear. They confirmed much of what Robert told me so it gave me more reassurance that he knew what he was doing.

They even make platforms that could be used in conjunction with existing stands - which is what my BoX was sitting on at AXPONA.
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,569
    DSkip wrote: »
    My ultrasonic might be on the chopping block Marvin.
    not enough shelves, but 1 or 2 of the amp stands maybe.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    Got it put together.

0no9w7abco4n.jpg
    Did you notice any audible difference from your previous Ultrasonic rack?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    I'm not going to dance down that road this time. My room is a disaster. My components are cold. I've been listening to a completely different system for a week.

I know it's making a difference or I wouldn't have invested in the product. Right now I don't even have all the necessary pieces. What I heard at AXPONA was more than enough to convince me the products are legit.

I can say without a doubt the products definitely pass QC. >:)
    I can also say that even bough the Evolution 845 extends past the shelf in the back - where it is heaviest - the amp is dead solid. It isn't going anywhere. I have four points stabilizing it and it's doing the job exceptionally well.
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,117
    It certainly looks nice!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...SDA-1A (Fully Modded with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
    The silence is killin me! ;)

Come on Drew, how is the new Solid Steel Rack? B)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,974
    Tony M wrote: »
    The silence is killin me! ;)

Come on Drew, how is the new Solid Steel Rack? B)

I think it fell on him and he's pinned underneath it.
    edited April 2018
    SF 911! :o

He did want to put that 30 lb. TT on top again didn't he. :#

That's been my underlying fear for 15 years now out there in my cottage. :#
    SF 911! :o

He did want to put that 30 lb. TT on top again didn't he. :#

That's been my underlying fear for 15 years now out there in my cottage. :#

Not to worry! Superpug will save him! :)

(Yes, that is a real, live puppy.)

oh1fpand84jp.jpg
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 11,486
    How they descended from wolves is beyond me. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    How they descended from wolves is beyond me. :)

They are aliens. :p
    Explains a lot. LOL
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    edited April 2018
    That little dude doesn't look too enthused about having to go save Drew. :D
    That little dude doesn't look too enthused about having to go save Drew. :D

He is sensitive to Monoprice smoke, humming, low-res files, and wobbly racks. This could be a dangerous rescue. :p
    Sounds like he would fit right in. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    No news is usually good news. ;)

tik, tock, tik, tock, tik...
    785628.gif
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,940
    "Hey guys, I ordered this great new rack. It's sure to revolutionize my listening experience. I should have some more info by the weekend. Of April 2032."
    C'mon already, jeez. WTH else could you possibly be doing that's more important. Watching DVR'd Olympic Curling?
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,503
    Hey now I like ---Olympic Curling B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,490
    msg wrote: »
    "Hey guys, I ordered this great new rack. It's sure to revolutionize my listening experience. I should have some more info by the weekend. Of April 2032."
    C'mon already, jeez. WTH else could you possibly be doing that's more important. Watching DVR'd Olympic Curling?
    Perhaps he's drying his hair, since...you know...it's Saturday night and all.

2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
    edited April 2018
    Well, while we have to wait some more, here's my new storage / test rack. :p I hope to put components on this and be able to get to the backs easy as just swinging this thing around or stepping behing it. I plan on bridging a pair of Adcom 555II's into mono while on this thing soon. I want to see what they do for the Cerwin Vega's I re-foamed 6 months ago.
    36i78w0s9laf.png

• msgmsg Posts: 4,940
    That's an interesting looking piece, Tony. Where'd you find that?
    How thick are those shelves? Are they stout?
    Are you planning to stack those amps in some fashion on the floor shelf?
    I disabled signatures.
    It was on Craigslist for 1 1/2 months and he finally reduced it enough and I went and got it. 80.00. He said he paid 300.00 for it. It's like brand new!

It was wobbly but tightening the bolts on that top plate solidified it nicely. I re-tightened all the nuts and bolts but just the top ones were loose.

The shelves are folded steel and very thick steel at that. It's ALL industrial. Even the wheels are hard plastic so no flattening. It's very stable as it is.

I'm thinking of putting the 555II's higher up. Probably on the 2 shelves above the base shelf. Easier on my back. But if the weight makes the rack flex, I'll stack them on the base plate. Probably tomorrow, while it's raining. ;) B)
  • ukcolin99ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    TM, you know I would have made you a deal on my ULine's. 800lb payload per shelf. Pick up in Houston?
    wk2eif42bwxg.jpg
    2C: Parasound A21, Cambridge 851N, Polk LSiM705's.