Weather at Your House?

Comments

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    We are drying out from 8.55 inches of rain.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    We had to throw sweatshirts on this morning.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,984
    We are drying out from 8.55 inches of rain.

We've just been told 5-7 inches now.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,987
    Willow wrote: »
    We've just been told 5-7 inches of snow.

*fixed
  • Willow
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    We've just been told 5-7 inches of snow.

*fixed

Not even close. We've been at 33c feels like 42c 91.4 - 107.6 ....
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    We got 8 3/4" this week and it looks like one more band will pass over us in a little while. I haven't watched the local news yet to see how flooded the area might be or any damaged property from fallen trees.

The sun is shining bright. Haven't seen the sun for days it seems.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,352
    Wet
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    Rain total from Debby...9.5" exactly.

That was about a 1-week event from the start to yesterday.

Yea, there were some tornados around this 60-mile radius area and one hit very close by, but we were asleep.

Thank God the ground soaked this rain up and the tributaries were able to funnel the rest of the steady rains back to the ocean.

We got lucky seeing how the rest of the East Coast was hammered in a lot of areas.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    Looks like another storm is will be in the near future hoping we see half the number of predicted storms
  • Willow
    Rain again here.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,112
    Watching the local news and radar yesterday about 75 miles west of where we live in Ct. they got hammered with 7-11'' of rain from a stationary storm. Lots of damage with rivers way above flood stage and bridges getting completely washed away. Thankfully all we had was a few showers. An incredible difference in a short 50-75 miles.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    s. An incredible difference in a short 50-75 miles.

Here in Fl it could sunny on one side of the street and a monsoon on the other side
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,603
    edited August 19
    Cold front blew in today accompanied by a minor but aesthetically interesting thunderstorm.
    Some dramatic clouds.
    53935083065_1ff6a81381_b.jpg
    53935083095_5d6f4887b3_b.jpg
    Photos barely do the scene justice. :|
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    m8vjqu2rms6z.png

Our summer sucks 😞
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    m8vjqu2rms6z.png

Our summer sucks 😞

So does your winters, spring and fall ...
  • izafar
    izafar Posts: 819
    Watching the local news and radar yesterday about 75 miles west of where we live in Ct. they got hammered with 7-11'' of rain from a stationary storm. Lots of damage with rivers way above flood stage and bridges getting completely washed away. Thankfully all we had was a few showers. An incredible difference in a short 50-75 miles.

We got close to 13” in Bethel CT, we had to go out early in the day, when we returned in the evening, road was closed on both ends to our home, flooded one side and mud slide on the other. Have to park the car in nearest shopping enter and walked home through mud slide. It was quite an adventure.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,112
    izafar wrote: »

We got close to 13” in Bethel CT, we had to go out early in the day, when we returned in the evening, road was closed on both ends to our home, flooded one side and mud slide on the other. Have to park the car in nearest shopping enter and walked home through mud slide. It was quite an adventure.

That does sound like quite the adventure and especially the uneasiness of not knowing how you'll find things at home. Hopefully your home survived unscathed?
  • izafar

That does sound like quite the adventure and especially the uneasiness of not knowing how you'll find things at home. Hopefully your home survived unscathed?

Yes, fortunately arrived home safe and no issues at our place.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • izafar

Yes, fortunately arrived home safe and no issues at our place.
    -izafar

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 645
    edited September 6
    8ntz96ztohv5.jpg

It's been hotter than hell all week long...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    edited September 6
    Yet no humidity. Come to Illinois when it's 109° and 80%-90% humidity. 109° and no humidity is a walk in the park for me.
  • la2vegas
    Yes Ivan, I'm grateful for low humidity. Typically August is our humid month but this year it wasn't too bad.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    Interesting that your nightly temperatures are actually lower than where I am, at a higher elevation and not so far inland.

We typically get about two heat waves per year that exceed 100°F and also remain above 75°F at night. This is indeed the second one this year, with the hottest overnight temperatures in 2024. They frequently occur in August and September.

fecrdrv7msxc.png

Alea jacta est!
  • Willow
    edited September 9
    Last couple nights, 7C feels like 3C...WTF but in 3 days, 27 feels like 31C
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,315
    edited September 9
    i3pf14j1eq4e.png

l2i3vwqbiibj.png

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • la2vegas
    Welcome to sunny Southern California...

Oh by the way it's fire season...
    ajtwljqdmgki.jpeg
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    Up here in Maine it's dipping into the 40s at night. It's my favorite time of the year. I made it thru another heat season 😁. I'm so ready for snow & the annual hold the trolley brake down & have the trailer come sideways & have the, be ready at all times season. Y'all be safe now
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    Down here we are dipping into the 80's
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,113
    Kex wrote: »
    fecrdrv7msxc.png

I posted that screen grab from Friday, and believe it or not, the forecast today is almost exactly what they predicted. Heat wave is over! 😁
    Alea jacta est!