audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    Perfect! Just the way I like it!

hxxfmc1nbofr.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,315
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Perfect! Just the way I like it!

I remember OR weather was usually "dryer" than WA. It would be raining in Tacoma, but we'd come down to PIR to a dry track.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • audioluvr
    Yes, the farther North you go the wetter it gets. I left Vancouver, WA about 4 pm. It was grey, rainy and dreary. Got home and it was clear blue skies.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    It's raining in Cabo in summer! Crazy! I was there once in January and it rained so hard water was pouring out of the light fixtures. There construction was never intended for it to rain clearly :D

oq1k1ibqyu6u.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• audioluvr
    Just to clarify, I love Cabo. We spent a lot of time there in the winter. It used to be a small drinking village with a fishing problem. Not so much any more. The mild arid climate is perfect for old bones.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    Titusville Fl just had our first tornado warning probably the first of few...prayers to those north of us ....this is going to be a beast of a storm
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 314
    Best of luck to ya! Years ago I used to eat at a place there called Dixie Crossroads for the best rock shrimp I've ever had, are they still in operation there?
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,633
    Its going to be a long night. The high winds are going to hit here after midnight.
    qho0asqxf1a5.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    Wet. Very wet.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wet. Very wet.

Tom

Enough about your soggy britches....
  • treitz3
    Hehe, of course you would be thinkin' about me britches........you look at the radar here and it's nothing but a sea of green and yellow. Localized flooding has already started. So far, it's more of a rain event than anything. A couple of power glitches on the homes I toured today and the occasional heavy winds but other than that? Just a boat ton of rain.

This morning, my wife commented that there was no real eye anymore. It looks like the hurricane is getting more organized now. As of right now, it looks like it will make landfall as a Cat 3. I fear for the big bend of Florida....heard they will have a 20 foot surge of water coming inland. Yowzers!

Tomorrow morning, we will see (hopefully) just how bad it got tonight down there. There were rumors that some folks down there would be without power for not hours or days, but weeks.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    You guys have been getting it good, there's no doubt. Buckle up buttercup it's about to get real.
    We are going to get sustained 25-40 mph winds tomorrow. Hopefully we get some rain out of it and no naders.
  • treitz3
    Windy and wet.

Tom
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,984
    Hope you guys are/stay safe.
  • treitz3
    Well, it progressively got worse as time marched on (since my post at 5:44am) and we lost power about 2 hours ago, followed by a very large tree in the backyard that simply uprooted.

It has calmed down a bit with the wind, seems like the worst is over. Friends in Greenville SC got hit hard.

2 million people in the SE were without power (according to the news while we still had power) and all surrounding areas within a 20 mile span of me are without power as well.

Sounds like a day where neighbors will be helping neighbors clean up the mess.

Tom
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,633
    We were lucky here. Storm center shifted to the east. No damage on our street. Rain has mostly moved on. Flooded creeks all around us.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    Keeping eyes on the next 2 areas of concern
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited September 27
    Wilmington NC.

Tiny bit of rain and some STRONG wind gusts every once in a while.

Our USA flag was getting old at 8 months old maybe and it got torn to shreds last night and today. We took it down an hour ago. I have 4 spares so a new one will be put back up tomorrow.

20 mins. later...Now it's POURING rain!
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,355
    Tony M wrote: »
    Wilmington NC.

Our USA flag was getting old at 8 months old maybe and it got torn to shreds last night and today. We took it down an hour ago. I have 4 spares so a new one will be put back up tomorrow.

You should have taken it down before the storm hit.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    Wilmington NC.

It should be illuminated if displayed at night.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,603
    Inch anna halfa rain yestiddy.
    Today -- chamber of commerce weather.

54026002366_a5b0067769_b.jpg
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,778
    My sister is reporting out that Indian Rocks beach (between Tampa and Clearwater)
    got hit pretty good. Anyone who left a car there, forget it. :|
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    Wilmington NC.

We DO take it down for strong storm warnings 99% of the time. Wind chimes get taken down or rubber banded if the flag comes down.

It wasn't that bad last night or early today. It was a weathered and faded flag. No tears though until today. It's now retired and a new flag is waving brightly now. I love it when a new flag gets put up. This symbol means so much to freedom around the world. The sacrifices that men and women make or made are unmeasurable.

I guess I'll buy a solar or low-voltage light to shine on it at night.
  • treitz3
    I don't know if you guys will see this until days later but SC got hit pretty bad. I am praying for more Southern states that you may not hear about for some time.

This is the first I have been able to get on the internet since this morning when I posted around 5 or 6.

I hear from friends down South that they got hit bad...even into KN and TN.

Tom
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    Prayers going out to all affected.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    Hearing about Asheville and Boone getting flooded is rare I think.

The rainfall must've been horrendous up there.

I heard a lot of places got hit hard too. This Hurricane was a strange powerful one that took a weird path. It pretty much missed us thank God. We did get 3/4" of an inch in 1/2 a day. There were some torrential rain bands here but they were short-lived. We never lost power here either.

May God and rescue personnel angels help those affected elsewhere.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,987
    My brother lives near Spartanburg, SC. He and everyone he knows has lost power but there was no damage.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,660
    I'm good here but lot6s of people are not. Prayers sent.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,506
    We are good here in the SC low country but some are still without power. It was stronger than I expected. Got almost 5" of rain. Trees down here and there but not that bad.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,778
    Rain has hit Funk Ohio, but not much wind.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears