Laserdisc-The godfather of ALL consumer optical disc media

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• honestaquarian
    Options
    I went to the shop today and left with one player. The original one that I've had for more than a decade. The later one that I more recently got on eBay is working better, but there were still noise issues in the picture. Not as bad as they were, but the picture was clearly better on my original player. @jdjohn I'm watching the Eagles disc now.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Cool...I hope you enjoy it.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Once he got the transport mechanism on the other player cleaned up (the old lubricant that they used turns into gum when it gets old he said) He took another look at my original player and using the new player as a template, realized whet the issue was with the older player and fixed it! He changed out the power supply as well with the one I brought him a year ago. So the player you see in the pic is the one I’ve had for over a decade. The one I bought recently is still at the shop. I expect I’ll be hearing from him sometime next year.