Curious , how many older polk members are left?

Options
1235»

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Joined August 2004 after acquiring my first SDA's. Lots of great members here who helped me immensely in my journey down the rabbit hole. I still check in occasionally and read more than comment. Always something interesting here!

Happy holidays!
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Options
    The forum just doesn't work well. Like a bad car that misses.

To bad all thing pass. Never get any notice of replies to threads I post in.
  • footwedge
    Options
    Leftplumma wrote: »
    Been here lurking since 2005....
    Jeeze, now I'll NEVER make 100 posts.....
    Still here

Been here since March of 04. You have me on post count. Just trying to learn.
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »
    Leftplumma wrote: »
    Been here lurking since 2005....
    Jeeze, now I'll NEVER make 100 posts.....
    Still here

Been here since March of 04. You have me on post count. Just trying to learn.

+1 Trying to learn more from other members. I look forward to new posts but it is not like it was before. It's like Radiator Springs before Lightning McQueen showed up! Im halfway to 100 since '04.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    2years and some change, but I was here well before the change, so I'm not entirely new
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Options
    Off and on for 4 years.

Cheers
    Roger
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Learning at 76 and still listening...November 26, 1938 A.D.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    warren wrote: »
    Learning at 76 and still listening...November 26, 1938 A.D.

Lestat. If you did not include the A.D, I almost confused it with over 2000 years ago. All kidding aside. I hope that I could continue to learn as you. Congrats!!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    January will be 6 yrs, time sure flys by fast the older one gets..

I remember the old forum back in 2000-2001 when I purchased my 55i's I popped in after registering my new speaks once or twice but that was it..
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My join date was December 2004. Wow...it has been a while!!!

I've been active lately. I'm on my winter break from school at the moment.

A lot has changed, for me and for the forum. My changes are pretty good but I'm not a fan of the new forum.

No more System Showcase?!? That was a visual record of my polk audio (and beyond) journey...

Maybe we should get "The Tasteful Babe" thread started again!?!

I haven't been around much since 2008. I heard that a few people were getting banned by the PC police and that the forum just wasn't the same back then. I had a lot going on at the time, and audio wasn't really on my radar anymore. I definitely didn't want to be someplace where I had to censor myself.

I just read through the entire Chicago Polkfest thread; oh man! A lot of very good memories! I am kind of bummed that all those photos are gone...oh well.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    Read thru some of the Chicago PF thread, sounds like a fun time. Amazing how some of those guys are long gone or "banned". We've had a few GTG's up here in the PNW although I've only attended one of them. Hell, lightman flew cross country to be at the one I attended. Enjoyed a few beers with the boy...
  • Roy Munson
    Options
    I've been here about 10 years and that probably makes me a new comer, but I have to be honest and say that the new forum format ran me off.

It's a real shame because there were some great people here that are gone now. I check in every now and then but not very often.

I really have to say that I miss the people here, it was tons of fun and very informative also.

And finally...

I know I thanked those that offered to help me after I was in bad accident a few years back, but I'd like to thank them once again. You'll never know how much that meant to me.

I'll still be checking in on occasion to look the place over.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    I've been here a few years. Met some great people! Made some good deals, won a karma or two. Have had gear even given to me by more than a few members. Like Monitor 10's, MIT speaker cables etc. Was a great forum, spent more time here than any other forum. But since the "upgrades" things have fell apart. Very sad to see a great forum dying.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Hello all,
    We all know the new forum sucks, I get it and so does everyone else.
    I'm curious on how many of us are left.

Just because the new forum "sucks" in your mind doesn't mean you can't support Polk. Polkfest 2014 was held about 20 miles from your house. I didn't see you there long-time heavy-hitter. Lots of talk but no action. Merry Christmas.

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I have a pop quiz for you. Who coined the immortal Polk phrase, "Life is suck."?

~Waves hand in air~

Oh...oh, I know.....I know....

Holy Jesus Christ... I actually did have no idea. Then again, I'm also not surprised. I hope I've set a better impression than my dad. He's just that way. Without him I would not be a Polkie, enjoy a love for audio, or be who I am.

Eye opening on the forums to say the least.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    2007. Not too many words spoken about audio by me. Middle aged Polkie, not quite an old timer. And a heaven sent FU to GG. B) Miss ya.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Kind of eerie and a little bit sad to see this thread resurrected, replete with George's posts.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Joined June 2004
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Do I qualify as an older member?

Yes
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Kind of eerie and a little bit sad to see this thread resurrected, replete with George's posts.

I'm sad I didn't answer his question before he left us :(
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    I have a crap load of them fancy Polk badges......I would trade them all for one lurker badge :)
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    My join date is Dec 2003. I could've sworn I joined when I lived in Las Vegas, 1999-2000. Anyway, I mostly read. I don't always feel that what I add to the conversation is that productive so I stay quiet and learn.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I thought the same thing. GG, Madmax posted in this thread and now they are gone. Time moves on!
    Carl

• Mike Reeter
    Options
    Still checking in about everyday, still learning about this hobby. Joined the Forum in 2003 while registering my first pair of Polk Speakers (that was a requirement to join the Forum back then) have owned many Polk Audio speakers since.

Despite the new layout, I believe this place is still the best Audio Forum out there.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I'm very sorry but did I miss something? I know Madmax passed but did George Grand pass? When did this happen and how?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I'm very sorry but did I miss something? I know Madmax passed but did George Grand pass? When did this happen and how?

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/172675/george-grand/p1 - may he rest in peace
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels