Curious , how many older polk members are left?

Hello all,
We all know the new forum sucks, I get it and so does everyone else.
I'm curious on how many of us are left.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    By my count......3
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2014
    There's gotta be more of us left , I'm still here , barely but I check in daily.
    I'll completely admit this new forum is the reason but come on I'm trying to get over it , lets get this thing back in shape.
    Dan
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    mantis wrote: »
    There's gotta be more of us left , I'm still here , barely but I check in daily.
    I'll completely admit this new forum is the reason but come on I'm trying to get over it , lets get this thing back in shape.

I am an oldie, but not one to give a lot of advise, mostly here to learn. Seems that is a thing of the past now???
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • New members aren't finding the forum, so no questions are being asked. A lot of senior members enjoyed helping those with questions about audio. Since the front page of recent discussions takes a full day to rotate, a simple check is all it takes to find out that this place is dead.....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • vmaxer
    New members aren't finding the forum, so no questions are being asked. A lot of senior members enjoyed helping those with questions about audio. Since the front page of recent discussions takes a full day to rotate, a simple check is all it takes to find out that this place is dead.....

So sad, used to be the greatest forum out there. I have learned a lot here in the past. Not sure what the future holds for us now.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mantis
    Well I'm back and I'm not going anywhere, I'm gonna stick it out until people comeback or we will build a new club, Who's with me?
    Dan
  • New members aren't finding the forum, so no questions are being asked. A lot of senior members enjoyed helping those with questions about audio. Since the front page of recent discussions takes a full day to rotate, a simple check is all it takes to find out that this place is dead.....

I find the recent discussions a PITA to deal with...... It bothers me I see threads like 5 pages back that say "1 New Post".

If I havent looked at that thread ever, why would I care if there are new posts?

I will stick around here, but I've been finding myself spending less time here, and I recently quit AVS almost entirely.

Pickings are getting slim as I'm not a fan of AudioKarma as much, and the WhatsBest Forum never accepted my app (likely cause im "Whats WORST")
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mantis
    Lets get this party started.
    Dan
  • vmaxer
    Well I'm back and I'm not going anywhere, I'm gonna stick it out until people comeback or we will build a new club, Who's with me?

I am for sure, we have this option:

http://audiosnob.boards.net
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,868
    Do I qualify as an older member?
  • vmaxer wrote: »

Yup, and the other one the Audio Pub

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • vmaxer
    edited September 2014
    vmaxer wrote: »

Didn't know bout that one, just signed up. I haven't looked around yet but will.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer wrote: »

Didn't know bout that one, just signed up. I haven't looked around yet but will.

Yup, that one was around since last November, but didnt get much play........

The shoutbox is nice, and "IF" you enjoy political and gun talk, we have it over there, but sectioned off so you have to WANT to see it.
  • vmaxer

Yup, that one was around since last November, but didnt get much play........

The shoutbox is nice, and "IF" you enjoy political and gun talk, we have it over there, but sectioned off so you have to WANT to see it.

I don't get into political too much, just get upset. I do have guns though!!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    Some of us are still around - just check in every once in awhile now though.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I still check in daily
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    I'm still around actively here and there. New forum doesn't bother me too much, just takes some getting used to. I've been around since 06.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    This place really has become quite a ghost town. I don't post nearly as often as I once did, but I would still poke my head in now and then to see what was happening. Anymore there is next to nothing to see. Sad really.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Not as old here as some, but I try to check in when I can, love u guys and the community here, to bad Polk doesn't feel the same, ruining our online home and such
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • I'm 61 and have been a member since (I think) the mid 2000's
    Had not been very active until just the last couple of years.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    well, according to the stats on this forum, I've been here since June 2004.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I think June of 2004 predates the interweb.....I call foul!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Its been a long time since I checked in. Got to say finding this new forum wasn't easy. But I did find it. Glad to see some of you are still here. And I am still collecting the vintage Polks. Although I did stray and picked up a pair of caver al-3 plus's. And a carver m500t amp to drive them.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups":rolleyes:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020

mrbiron wrote: »
    I think June of 2004 predates the interweb.....I call foul!!!
    Naaaaw... we had teh analog interwebs back then. Al Gore was working on teh digital webs with DARPA, of course... but they had only progressed to using digital "zeros" (they didn't have "ones" yet), so the programming was kind of tedious.

• I am glad I found the forum a couple of years ago. Got some good info, made a few cool friends, but I do see some of the problems with the new format. I'm not one to complain, but looking back for information from older threads seems to only give me bits and pieces and not the whole answers?? I sure hope someone is working to get those older threads back in the mix as well as all that great info on vintage polk speakers.....the reason I came here in the first place.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    What is considered 'older'??
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    Barely here...sad for sure
  • I've been around for 5 years, if that counts and I'm still here.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• mlhm5
    mlhm5 Posts: 217
    they took a perfectly good forum and ruined it. I am assuming it was the work of some new hire who was out to make a name for himself/herself and had no idea of the history of Polk.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I hit this place up...despite the change...but I'll tell you what I miss.....The occasion when one member has posted something that doesn't agree with another...and a scathing attack begins....how it begins to pile up.....now that was entertaining....