Curious , how many older polk members are left?

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Been around since 2004.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Well, I have 4 birthday cake badges, so I guess I've been here 4 years and counting.

Don't have too many posts. Often don't feel smart enough to contribute, but always feel dumb enough to ask a question! :smiley: And, it's nice to know an answer will be given!

Don't plan to leave. Am indifferent with the changes. There are some things I like, but more things I don't like about the new forum. I'll stick it out though! I've been given too much great advice here to abandon it!

SCompRacer - so sorry for your loss...
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Came here in Jan. '03 to register a pair of RTi 70's. Haven't participated much since a couple of trolls had the "Tasteful Babe" thread deleted.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    My condolences SCR.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Feb 2005, still around. Wife's mother went into hospice care and passed away. Been busy with that.
    . Our prayers go out to you & your family.. Randy & Carla

Randy/Maine
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    I am in the Class of 2005. 2005 - 2009 were big years for new members joining and posting. People used this site for audio discussion quite a bit before the onset of Facebook and other social media. I am so out of touch I don't have a Facebook account. Most of my friends know how to get in touch with me. People from my past I could care less.
    Carl

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Class of 2005 also. Still here. Hate the new forum, but not enough to leave!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Wth is a birthday cake badge?
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Wth is a birthday cake badge?

Click on your name, scroll down the right side to see all the badges you've earned. Birthday cake badges for every year your a member....I have an ancient badget, lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Ok. I have 9 ,, so,,I am definitely a youngster on the forum,,or whatever they call this thing
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    4 years this December - came to mod and or sell some RTA 12C's and somehow kept adding/modding speakers :o
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    I'm an older member...but I mostly lurk :)
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Been around for 9 years. It is disappointing that "they" could care less what we think of the latest look and lack of functionality.

I did, however, just purchase enough sets of in-walls for a new house from the Polk e-bay site. Amazing how weeks after the new site launch that the links from e-bay to the product pages are still broken, the info sheets on the products are incomplete, the "sort by" doesn't let you choose product line (how dumb is that), and we don't have the recent and vintage product pages.

It is easier to use Google or go to Amazon or Crutchfield to get product info than to go to the Polk site. It's really pathetic no matter how they may want to sugar coat it. Oh, that's right, they don't sugar coat anything. They don't actually even respond to our observations and suggestions.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2014
    Dave, you can't buy speakers from their site, because free birthday cake badges are more important!!........got 10 myself, and I didn't even have to ask!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    Now sure if I am considered an older member. But this is the first time I have visited here in about 6 weeks.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I check in, but not daily. It's not as easy to see where you left off anymore. For instance, I STILL can't easily just look and see where the stickies end and the new threads begin. I don't like the 5 new comments scheme, although I do like the fact that snaps to the end of the last post you should have read. And the MOST annoying thing for me, although I guess it shouldn't be is, I can't read the new post to a thread that I'm subscribed to in my email notification. It's gotten to where I delete the email notification because It appears that someone has gone on a tangent that I'm not interested in, so I don't bother. I wish we could combine some features of the new with the old.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    I'm a mature gentleman but have only been here for three years. Don't see myself going anywhere soon.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    I've only been on for a few years but I'm not going anywhere. I've learned so much on this forum. To me, the members are what makes this forum great. I'm also getting use to the new layout.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • 2008, I was living in Aniak and my wife thought it would be good for me to meet new people and stop talking to her about electronics. Since then, I have traveled the world buying speakers and putting them in storage as my 401K plan!
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Been here since 2005 and I'm still around. Not as active, but I haven't been for the last couple years anyway.

To me, the software change is insignificant. It works just fine. It's just a forum after all. You read, you post, you search. Vbulletin may be better, but its too late now.

The only real complaint I have is that we lost links and hosted photos from the old forum.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    I try to check in daily but to be honest my interest has waned with the new forum. Has a clumsy feel to it IMO and just not enjoyable to read anymore.

I wonder if Polk would like to get rid of the forum because it does look like it is dying a slow death.

I guess all good things come to an end.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I'm still here. Not as often but still here.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I'm still here... been here since... I don't even remember. At least a decade. My dad (if anyone remembers who that is... pop quiz!) was here even longer.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I am here but still pissed at this terrible forum software.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • hlalanne
    hlalanne Posts: 183
    Hey mantis remember me ?..probably not I joined July 2001.
    Wooden Delight Theater

9/11
    NEVER Forget !!!
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Looks like I have been here over 10 years now. I went into hibernation for 2 years without a house and place for music/movies. Now I am closing on a house tomorrow and have been checking back into CP just to find it as a ghost town compared to what it was back then.
  • Been here lurking since 2005....
    Jeeze, now I'll NEVER make 100 posts.....
    Still here
    Polk SDA 1.2 TL
    Infinity SSW-210
    Integra DTR 7.1
    Pioneer SC-57 Elite
    Sony X777ES
    Sansui BA-5000
    Hafler XL 600's in mono w/ George Kay Audio Tube upgrades
    Hafler xl 600 stock
    Krell FPB 600
    Avel 1000VA Dreadnought
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    6 birthday cakes.....at polkfest, Polkaudio informed that people didn't like the new forum and been working on it...hopefully soon!
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    nguyendot wrote: »
    I'm still here... been here since... I don't even remember. At least a decade. My dad (if anyone remembers who that is... pop quiz!) was here even longer.

I have a pop quiz for you. Who coined the immortal Polk phrase, "Life is suck."?