Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    I say that's what Oregon gets for not wearing their usual uniforms tonight...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,989
    Options
    I'm glad for the Big Ten.
  • dromunds
    Options
    I think both the 49ers and the Broncos will regret their recent decisions concerning head coach.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Looks like dark days ahead for Broncos fans, granted I've said before that I'm not a big a fan of Fox but to completely clean house like that...shocker to say the least.

I assume that with the housecleaning Manning is also done in Denver, and can't really see him coming back for yet another team so assume we've seen the last of him, period.

On Saturday I'm hoping the Ravens can hang on to beat the Patriots so that Denver gets the AFC title game in their stadium, 48 hours later the team is done for the season and apparently in complete disarray, truly unbelievable.
  • dromunds
    Options
    One would think that before cleaning house you would have a suitable replacement already in the fold. Apparently not the case in S.F., and I wonder about Denver also. I tend to agree this foreshadows Mannings' departure.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    Options
    @nooshinjohn‌ I see Payton sticking around a bit longer, but regardless he will sign a one day deal with the Colts and retire under the right team, the Colts. Just like they did with Jeff Saturday, another class act.

I have nothing but appreciation for what he did for our team and the leader he was and still is, even if its for the wrong team.

That said I think its time for our "Luck" to change, so I see a Colts win and a Superbowl in our future!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    The first strike against Fox was the conservative ending to the 2013 loss to Baltimore. Strike two was all the mistakes from the Super Bowl. Strike three was the heartless effort on Sunday. Fox is a good man, a solid coach who creates a calm atmosphere, but his one weakness is in-game flexibility.

Elway is a very driven, type A guy. He brought in guys on the defensive side to shore up a weakness, but the killer instinct over all went MIA. If Kubiak takes the reins and DelRio leaves, look for Dennis Allen to come back as DC. As for Manning, he should see the writing on the wall and retire. Don't be surprised if Elway dangles a number #1, #4, and Julius Thomas at Tampa Bay for the rights to Marcus Mariotta as it is obvious that Osweiller is slow in his decision-making by average QB standards
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    Options
    To me he seems like another Tim Tebow, except without the championships. We all know how that worked out, Tebow is working for ESPN covering the game tonight instead of playing in the NFL.

Even though I've lived in Oregon for 16 years, I'm not a vested Duck fan. But I can tell you that Mariotta is no Tebow. He can read defenses and go thru progressions (despite what the idiot Skip Bayless said last night). His passing percentage was 68.3% for the year. The Duck offense is incredibly complicated so he has the football mind and quick decision-making.

The most interesting thing is his humility, before the season the Oregon press department asked him what kind of weekly report packets he wanted sent out to Heisman voters. Mariotta told them NONE! Zero promotion. This is the guy every dad wants their daughter to marry.

Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »

That has nothing to do with class...passionate fans celebrating...no harm done...no big deal. Go Bucks!!!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats to OSU even though we still don't like you! lol

Tebow? You know if Tebow really had that so-called Christian humility he would have allowed himself to be converted to a DIFFERENT position rather than being so "PRIDEFUL" that it had to be QB or nothing. Anyone remember where PRIDE comes from, by any chance? lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • dromunds
    Options
    I've been to every Big Ten stadium, and I can tell you they party in Ohio State. If I wasn't a UW alum, I would probably admit Ohio State was the most fun party school, but Madison is still my favorite. Regardless, they go NUTS in Columbus, and anyone who attended the Hineygate when that was going can attest to that.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,100
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Congrats to OSU even though we still don't like you! lol

Tebow? You know if Tebow really had that so-called Christian humility he would have allowed himself to be converted to a DIFFERENT position rather than being so "PRIDEFUL" that it had to be QB or nothing. Anyone remember where PRIDE comes from, by any chance? lol

cnh

If that's the best you can come up with to mock his Christianity then I think he's doing better than most of us.

BUT, maybe it's not pride. Maybe he just didn't want to play another position. Maybe he'd rather have the gig he has now instead of playing another position.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    Ouch, how a football discussion turned to religion is beyond me... Go Hawks!
  • cnh
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ouch, how a football discussion turned to religion is beyond me... Go Hawks!

Ooops! Didn't intend that, really. It's just something I've always thought about.

I'm just asking why would you insist on being a QB and not pursuing other options some of which WERE offered to you? I mean, you have to admit it's a little odd, especially when QB is NOT an option but you still have athletic gifts? If nothing else it's irrational-you don't even need to say anything about religion here! That stuff becomes a "superfluous" part of the argument.

Of course it may be possible that Mr. Tebow is happier with what he is now doing. I grant you that. But NEITHER of us can know that. So there's no real argument here just a lot of guess work. Two people with two opinions. Who would've thunk it? Difference! Wow!

cnh
    Post edited by cnh on

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,864
    Options
    If nothing else it's irrational-you don't even need to say anything about religion here! That stuff becomes a "superfluous" part of the argument.

Yet, you did. Not unlike your "superfluous" political comments.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Well, here in our little berg, it is not only customary but encouraged to mix religion and sports, particularly football.
    So as not to offend any one religion, suffice it to say that the phrase, "Awwww, ***** H. ******* ******" is freuently invoked/shouted during St Louis Rams games.
    Sometimes at the players, but more often at the coaches and coordinators.

Sometimes we use it for the folks who are in charge of draft picks.

"Hey, let's draft Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch (Nebraska, set all kinds of college records) and make him a wide receiver !!! Do we need a wide reciever ? No, but .... man, that'll really be cool !!!"

Didn't work out too well, btw. Mr. Crouch took a good hit in practice, had to have a couple hundred CC's of blood drained out of his leg, and he said "No thanks" to the Rams offer to make hin a wide receiver.

Sometimes the Rams have been able to pick a pearl out ot the cesspool. Kurt Warner is a good example.
    But whenever the draft department would come up with a pearl, the on-field management would take care of that oversight.

"Okay, we're beating Cleveland 45-3 with 7 minutes left in the game. Let's run THREE sweeps to the right, and have Kurt Warner LEAD the sweeps !! That will be AWESOME !!"

Yes, that sort of play calling resulted in many invocations of " ***** H. ******* ****** ! ".
    (I believe Kurt Warner also said that as he limped off the field holding his fractured right hand. He's kind of religious, too, I guess).

Well, I certainly don't want to bring religion into this argument, other than to say that in the privacy of one's home, it's A-OK. Cheaper in the long run than throwing things at the T.V. Less messy, too.

Sal Palooza
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I've been known to mix religion with football. Like when Dez caught that 4th down pass for a TD...the words that came out of mouth and when they overturned it as incomplete...oh myyyy! LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    ...if Tebow really had that so-called Christian humility...
    ...you don't even need to say anything about religion here!...

Classic!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »

That has nothing to do with class...passionate fans celebrating...no harm done...no big deal. Go Bucks!!!

I'm all for passionate fans, but no harm done ? Really ?

Tearing down a goal post, starting fires, breaking into the school, not to mention the additional costs of all those cops, probably on overtime too. Maybe if they got a bill in the mail, they'd think twice.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds
    Options
  • cnh
    edited January 2015
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    If nothing else it's irrational-you don't even need to say anything about religion here! That stuff becomes a "superfluous" part of the argument.

Yet, you did. Not unlike your "superfluous" political comments.

Guess so, think I'll BAN myself for a week or more. Month, year! Just how long would you all like to see me say nothing about politics that does not agree with the "right", etc.? Nor mention belief and responsibility! Who should be "allowed" to speak, I wonder, and who should NOT criticize!

Don't worry about it. I'm GONE for a while! Thanks to everyone! Hope Psovlsk feels better!

And much as I love Jesse. He's never "political"?

BANNED!
    cnh
    Post edited by cnh on

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Looks like Marcus Mariota is bidding goodbye to Univ. of Oregon and hello to the NFL.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Mariota just might make a decent NFL QB. He is very accurate and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He will need to be more vocal and more of a leader, but that can come with time and maturity.
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Options
    I though mar iota was good.... He was good playing the big bad pac12 teams and fsu.... Hmmmmmmmmmm over rated. Bama would have own that by 100!!!! Lol jk. Probably would've been closer than that one since Bama can't stop a running qb, ever:( maybe one day.
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    qyjjymrcjolo.jpg

Welcome to Seattle Pack. It's going to be a fun game. Go Hawks!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    qyjjymrcjolo.jpg

Welcome to Seattle Pack. It's going to be a fun game. Go Hawks!

Announced today that Alice in Chains is playing the halftime show. Love it! Go Hawks!

• PSOVLSK
    Options

Announced today that Alice in Chains is playing the halftime show. Love it! Go Hawks!

I wish they'd show that instead of the talking heads. ;)
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Prediction time:

Seattle - 31, Packers - 13. Want the Pack (Yes, this from a purple-blooded Vikings fan!) to win, but I'm thinking that with a hobbled A. Rodgers and the 'Hawks' superb defense, it might get out of hand. However, if A.R.'s ankle is OK or, if the whole injury thing has been a ruse, I think the Pack might just take 'em 24-21.

New England - 27, Indy - 23. Geez, I hope I'm wrong there - would really like to see Luck, Hilton and Pagano win! Absolutely DO NOT want to see another Brady/Bilichick Super Bowl appearance/win! :p