Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Can't help but think that this might be the last time we see Manning play? Love to see him and Brady I one last AFC Championship game.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You guys ready to hear another call being talked about for a whole week? I hope so because you just got it, that reversal of the punt fumble doesn't seem like it's the correct call. Although this call is earlier in the game, and the Broncos don't really seem interested in winning anyway so isn't impacting the game like the one last week.

I know I've been saying for the last two months basically that Denver isn't gonna do that well in the playoffs and not a super bowl contender in my eyes, but certainly didn't expect them to be THIS bad.

Seriously, what the hell is going on in Denver???
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    Dez tried to score and lost the catch. He should have tucked the ball in and went to ground.

I just hope GB has enough for the Hawks...I don't want to see the Hawks go again.

Why the hate for the Hawks man? 3rd year 3rd round pick quarterback. Made the playoffs year 1, won the Superbowl year 2 and threatening year 3. Tenacious defense of young guys, mostly late round picks or undrafted free agents. RW with a quarterback rating of nearly 150 yesterday. They faced a team with a formidable run defense and aired it out for a huge win, even though they aren't known for their passing game. My $$ is on the Hawks to repeat...
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Hawks will repeate. No hate here. I love the young QB Wilson.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,141
    Options
    Denver appears to have no interest in winning.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Superbowl Prediction......Bears vs. Colts.....Bears win 30 - 17 this time.

Ha! I was just looking over this thread from near the beginning and found some gems!

Bears all the way...heehee! :p Actually, they have redefined "dysfunction", their coaches and GM got fired (Cutler strikes again?), their D was pathetic, etc., etc.

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    Dez tried to score and lost the catch. He should have tucked the ball in and went to ground.

I just hope GB has enough for the Hawks...I don't want to see the Hawks go again.

Why the hate for the Hawks man? 3rd year 3rd round pick quarterback. Made the playoffs year 1, won the Superbowl year 2 and threatening year 3. Tenacious defense of young guys, mostly late round picks or undrafted free agents. RW with a quarterback rating of nearly 150 yesterday. They faced a team with a formidable run defense and aired it out for a huge win, even though they aren't known for their passing game. My $$ is on the Hawks to repeat...

Really, you don't understand why people hate the Hawks???

Why do people hate the Patriots? Why do people hate the Yankees? Why do people hate Tiger Woods? Welcome to the winner's circle, where everyone except your fans hate you.

Add to that the fact that they come across as a team of jerks and a$$holes and you've got the perfect recipe for people 'hating' the Seahawks. Note I didn't see they ARE those things, but that's how they come across to a lot of people.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Second, it will be interesting to see what Lovie Smith will do this upcoming season. He is cut from the same mold as Tony Dungy, who did win a Super Bowl. Granted Dungy's Colts were much more talented than Smith's present Buccaneers. Truthfully, I would be very pleasantly surprised if the Bucs made the big show this year. An 8-8 season this year would be a vast improvement over last year's 4-12 shipwreck.

Now, THIS was a fun one! Hey, the Buc's did "earn" the first pick in the next draft!

• jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    Options
    Add to that the fact that they come across as a team of jerks and a$$holes and you've got the perfect recipe for people 'hating' the Seahawks. Note I didn't see they ARE those things, but that's how they come across to a lot of people.

Other than the occasional brashness of Sherman (which, I can see being fuel for 'sports hate' among non Seattle fans-- we love the guy of course) I can't think of any other players, incidents, etc that possibly contribute to the Hawks coming off as an entire "team of jerks and a$$holes". Maybe I'm wearing blue and green glasses, but I don't see it. That said, frankly, I don't give much of a damn who likes our team. We're winning right now. And it's grand. :)
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    I guess not even nationwide is on Peyton's side, terrible performance and I only seen the second half. They are towards the bottom of the first round in the draft so much for Denver getting a QB. I think Ponders available Manning is done.

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    What a truly horrific game by Denver today, I can't recall ever enduring a worse performance by one of my teams in the playoffs. I've watched my Colts lose to the Patriots multiple times but they were at least close in those games, and if not close at least appeared to be interested in the outcome.

I was torn with this game anyway because they're both 'my teams' and have been for a long time, but I was secretly rooting for the Broncos because I'd like to see Manning get another shot at a super bowl.

I feel bad for Manning, he's a class act and a great ambassador for the NFL and I hate to see him go out like this. This isn't a fluke bad game by Manning, he's played bad consistently for a while now. It's pretty clear that he's simply worn out, everyone can see the bad throws but you can see it in other aspects as well. Go watch a game from last year and then watch one from the last few weeks, even his energy at the line just calling plays and such is nowhere near the same.

I think he's done, and if that is the case I think walking off the field with a loss like that and your fans booing is a **** way to end your career.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2015
    Options

Really, you don't understand why people hate the Hawks???

Why do people hate the Patriots? Why do people hate the Yankees? Why do people hate Tiger Woods? Welcome to the winner's circle, where everyone except your fans hate you.

Can't really say I'm a hater there. I just want to see a "competitive" SB and I'm pretty sure I won't see that if the Hawks just repeat. Kind of reminds me of when there was no parity between the new AFL and the NFL back in the Lombardi period and Vince's team not only won the SBs but won them with "ease"! I have no interest in watching that kind of game. Give me a Cowboys/Packers, or a Ravens/Pats game any day. Of course, it goes without saying that if I was a Diehard Hawks fan then ANY win is a great game!

It does look like Seattle will probably mop up on GB again next week at home. And the Colts/Pats again depends on whether or not the Pats decide to play a full 60 minutes or think that "coming from behind" is the greatest game plan you can have! lol

In some ways I think a Colts/Hawks game might be interesting if luck stays with Luck. See what I did there?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • gce
    Options
    Why the hate for the Hawks man?

I'm a UCLA guy and...well you know where Pete Carroll came from. I'd probable be a fan if it wasn't for Pete.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • ken brydson
    Options
    jephdood wrote: »

Other than the occasional brashness of Sherman (which, I can see being fuel for 'sports hate' among non Seattle fans-- we love the guy of course) I can't think of any other players, incidents, etc that possibly contribute to the Hawks coming off as an entire "team of jerks and a$$holes". Maybe I'm wearing blue and green glasses, but I don't see it. That said, frankly, I don't give much of a damn who likes our team. We're winning right now. And it's grand. :)

Sherman IMO has actually pulled it back a few notches with the talk this year and is letting his play (and the LOB) do the talking. We see stuff locally that all of these guys are doing for the community that doesn't make the national news. GO HAWKS!

• ken brydson
    Options
    Why the hate for the Hawks man?

I'm a UCLA guy and...well you know where Pete Carroll came from. I'd probable be a fan if it wasn't for Pete.

OK, I'll give you that..lol. He is a great coach though.

• jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sherman IMO has actually pulled it back a few notches with the talk this year and is letting his play (and the LOB) do the talking. We see stuff locally that all of these guys are doing for the community that doesn't make the national news. GO HAWKS!

Yep, this is very true. We get to see all the local stories on everyone.

As for people always hating on champs.. I guess this is to be expected. Though, it's not like we've been perennial winners here. It was our FIRST ring. Keep on hating, I guess. That's fine. We're just not used to people outside our region speaking passionately one way or the other about our teams up here.
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options

Just to be clear, neither of those reasons are why I hate the Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks because I'm a 49ers fan, pretty simple. By the way, my 49ers come across the same way so I get it.

The Seahawks are always one of the most penalized team in the leagues, lots of taunting calls and personal fouls, crap like that. Then you've got Sherman, Lynch who doesn't want to talk to the media, stuff like that. None of those things make them bad guys, but you add all that up and some people are gonna interpret it that way.
  • ken brydson
    edited January 2015
    Options

Just to be clear, neither of those reasons are why I hate the Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks because I'm a 49ers fan, pretty simple. By the way, my 49ers come across the same way so I get it.

The Seahawks are always one of the most penalized team in the leagues, lots of taunting calls and personal fouls, crap like that. Then you've got Sherman, Lynch who doesn't want to talk to the media, stuff like that. None of those things make them bad guys, but you add all that up and some people are gonna interpret it that way.

I agree with you to some extent BUT you must admit that during the Hawks run to the playoffs the penalties have fallen off considerably. They are just playing solid football. As to talking to the media, Sherman is obviously confident and IMO coming off nowhere near as brash as in the past. As far as Lynch, I honestly think he has a "phobia" of some sort with talking in public. I watched a clip earlier today where he looked to wipe a tear away while trying to answer their questions. He is obviously not comfortable in front of a microphone.
  • gce
    Options
    Well all I can say is there's 4 teams left and 2 of them have more hate from fans then the other two. I know it will probably go the other way but I'd like to see the Packers and Colts in the SB.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    I'm not gonna complain about a Seahawks / Patriots super bowl. The more I think about it, the more I think the Patriots can beat the Seattle and would probably split a 10 games series.

I think this year we'll get a good game in the Super Bowl regardless, all 4 of these teams should be fun match-ups.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,141
    Options
    Peyton Manning looked beaten today in the presser. In previous losses, I could still feel he had a passion for the game, but tonight felt different. I would be shocked if he came back as anything but a mentor to bridge the gap for the next QB Denver picks up, but my gut tells me he will be done under center and will retire sometime shortly after the Super Bowl.

I think his mind is made up and he is too class-act to take the spotlight upon himself to announce it sooner than that.

Thanks Peyton Manning for all you have done for the game of football.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    I felt sorry for Manning too. I would not count out the Colts. Go Hawks!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Terrible decision by Flacco to throw that ball, cost his team the win today, damn shame to end the game that way. That also effectively kills any reasonable chance of my Broncos or Colts being in the super bowl this year, so I'm bummed about that.

NE and Seattle in the super bowl is the obvious choice, hopefully it'll be a good game.

Can't blame that loss on Flacco! The man throws for just shy of 300 yds and 4 TD's and our running game was awesome.

Brady and the Pat's exploited our one horrendous weakness...the secondary. The Offense gave them TWO 14pt leads and they blew it. I throw that loss entirely on the shoulders of our secondary. Good lord, the Pat's running game was non existent. They gave up trying to run the ball.

Still, heck of a game and considering everything the Ravens went through with the Ray Rice disaster and big injuries...i'm not terribly upset at this season as a whole.

"and in the first, second, third, fourth and fifth rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft...the Baltimore Raven's take cornerbacks!"
    No excuses!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    Yep, looks like a Pats/Hawks SB.

I'll agree with most, Manning is done, but their defense was horrific also so lets not put all the blame on him. How about all the dropped balls too on offense ?

Dallas.....now I wanted GB to win, but not like that. I'm sorry folks, that was a catch in my book that would have altered the outcome. He clearly had control of the ball to the ground, sandwiched in one arm between his hand and elbow. The initial call was correct, the review judge got it wrong. Soon as that ball hit the ground, it was down, or should have been. On any other given Sunday, it would have been a catch.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Tony..I disagree...A reciever hits the ground...the ball comes up...incomplete pass...a runningback hits the ground,ball comes out,down by contact...A reciever can be down by contact if and when he becomes a runningback...after the catch...
  • tonyb
    Options
    Yeah, your probably right if we go by the letter of the law. Problem for me is those letters of the law get diluted when enforcement is spotty through out the season.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    At least they got the Josh Cribbs fumble reversed. He clearly held on to the ball until he was down...conscious or not.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    Options
    Yeah, he got his clocked cleaned for sure. He was basically knocked out for a few seconds, wow.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Lets get back to that Dallas catch for a second, here's the rule.....

“If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.”

The official premise is that he didn't have control of the ball to the ground, which would make it an incomplete pass. I would argue he did have control prior to the ball hitting the ground, making it a completed pass. The ball was not moving around in his arm, he had it secured even if only by one arm.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,989
    Options
    The Packers did not play a good game. If you look at the highlight clips it looks like a string of exceptional plays, and Rodgers did put together enough in the second half to score a few touchdowns. But dropped passes, penalties and lots of sloppy tackling did not make Packer fans proud for the most part. Dallas played well, and that may have had a lot to do with the Packers' difficulties. But other than the first drive it just didn't look like the Packers came with an attitude - until that point in the second half when they took Lacey out and ran Cobb in the backfield and started whipping the ball around. That allowed rookie Davante Adams to showcase his substantial talents, and Cobb as well. And the Packers' offensive line did not allow the Cowboys to sack Rodgers although they were VERY close on numerous occasions. Not sure why they took Lacey out; not sure why the Packer receivers could not get open AT ALL in the first half, and not sure why the Cowboys wouldn't run the ball on 4th and 1 either, when the Pack couldn't stop their running game all day, but I salute their gutsy call and execution. I'm looking forward to the Seattle game, Russell Wilson was a Wisconsin Badger and he's loved here. The Seahawks kicked our butts on the first game of the year but that was then and this is now. I think everyone is looking past the Packers. I hope its a game worthy of an NFC Championship.