Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Lets get back to that Dallas catch for a second, here's the rule.....

“If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.”

The official premise is that he didn't have control of the ball to the ground, which would make it an incomplete pass. I would argue he did have control prior to the ball hitting the ground, making it a completed pass. The ball was not moving around in his arm, he had it secured even if only by one arm.

That is indeed how the rule states it....in the years before challenges and replay came to be..the field officials rule was law....When that stopped,the entire complex of the game changed...for the worse in my opinion...That definately would have been a catch in those times...as the first official signaled who was right on top of the play....
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    A day later and hearing every 'expert' on the planet pile on Manning, and I'm gonna change my tune a little. I don't think Manning is done, I don't think he goes out like that unless he's just got a really bad injury that won't heal. If there was ever a guy and a reason to come back, I think Manning is it.

Look at his stats for the first 2/3 of the season and he's still one of the best in the league, and of course it was even better last year. I know he's getting older but I just don't think it goes away THAT quickly, there's gotta be an injury or something we're not hearing about.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I think we see Manning again next year and I think he'll play well. That's obviously different if he does have a permanent injury or the nerve issue is back, but until we hear that I'm guessing we'll see him again next year.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Monday, per a team source, Manning was diagnosed with a quad strain back in December but kept the details largely to himself.

So maybe that's why he hasn't looked good in Dec. and the playoff game.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I missed these yesterday, but apparently Beats put these commercials together in less than a week. At least, according to my favorite sports radio host, Rome.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/seahawks-star-richard-sherman-drives-around-seattle-new-beats-dre-commercial/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Monday, per a team source, Manning was diagnosed with a quad strain back in December but kept the details largely to himself.

So maybe that's why he hasn't looked good in Dec. and the playoff game.

I dunno man, I find it hard to believe anything regarding his health gets past those who have millions invested in him. Payton is still a good QB by anyones standards, but it's obvious he isn't what he used to be. Question is, can he still....in his diminished fashion, take the Bronco's to the big show again. I'm not so sure anymore.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Go Bucks!!!!! I grew up as a young kid in Ohio and have been and always will be a Bucks fan for life.

a45mwz3wfd19.jpeg

Tonight should be a great game! Bucks beat the ducks!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,141
    Options
    Both teams are filled with great back stories. Hard for me to favor any team over the other here. All I can hope for is that each team brings their "A" game and leaves it all on the field.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    It sucks horribly that the game is on a monday night! Cmon man!
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Go Bucks!!!!! I grew up as a young kid in Ohio and have been and always will be a Bucks fan for life.

Tonight should be a great game! Bucks beat the ducks!

Yeah me too. Born and raised in Ohio lived in WV for a couple of years where I met my wife, but went right back to Ohio. Been living in the Columbus area for the last 6 years. There has been a lot of excitement around here for the last couple of weeks though. :D I would love to see my Buckeyes pull of a big W tonight. Since I ditched cable a long time ago I will be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings in just a few to watch it....that should be more fun anyways....Go Bucks!!!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I grew up in Pa. You can IMAGINE what "we" think of OSU!

Go Ducks. Kinda funny don't you think; BUCK-(EYES) vs DUCK(S)?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    I hate the Oregon uniforms tonight. I like all the different styles and colors they try during the year, and now you get to the title game and go boring white and grey?

I don't get it...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    I don't get it...

I'm sure the ducks wanted the Green, but between the NCAA and the networks, also the coin toss for the ???home field and who would wear colors, Ducks probably had no choice.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't know who will win. But I played under first half(36.5) and over for the game (72.5). Depending on how the first half goes and the points for second half, I could still bailout the game. Friendly wager among others, I picked Ohio State to win.

Urban Meyer man. Three teams, many championship caliber games, even with third string QB. Vegas doesn't have the balls to offer a bigger spread.

I plan on retiring tonight. Haha

Halen
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The beautiful thing about playing under. Run game and field goals. What makes it even nicer is the run game, eat up the clock, march the entire field and turnover.

Halen
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    O-H-I-O!!!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    Uh...did somebody kidnap the Oregon Ducks team and replace them with the Denver Broncos? This looks like the same team I watched 'play' last night...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Second half is 38.5 and Oregon gives 6. I played over for the game which is 72.5. There is a three point differential between the second half and the game. If I were gung ho and believe the game will go over, I will play over second half. I am going to play it safe and play under and keep my first half earnings. If the total score is between 69.5 and 72.5, the three point differential, then everyone is screwed. Haha

Halen
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    I don't understand ANY of that gambling lingo with sports, it's like people are talking Klingon. If I ever wanted to start betting on games I'd have to take a class first :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hehehe. It's not gambling, it is a calculated risk, hahaha. 38.5 second half is the sum of both teams points. Spread is one team giving another points.

With that said. It requires calculating the personalities of the coaches, weather,, pretty much all key positions. But that is the lesser of the overall calculations. It is all a numbers game to me.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    Stats is about half of my job and plays a big role in the fantasy leagues I play in, so I could easily get into that part, I'd just have to learn all the terminology first.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stats is my life, as I am a slave to it at work. The same way i am looking to reinvest in the energy sector to further diversify.

Anyhow. Playing under second half to offset the game was a good call.

Halen
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah. Urban Meyer. He made a piss on Tebow without an ounce of QB talent what he is. 3rd string with some skills. Yeah.

Bad ****.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited January 2015
    Options
    HELL of a game by Ohio State tonight, unbelievable year for those guys. I'm not sure what the hell happened with Oregon, I guess that's why they're the Ducks :-)

On a side note:

I've not really watched many Oregon games this year, but have to admit I'm not impressed at all by Mariota. I don't get what all the hype is about, is he injured or something tonight? He didn't have a bad throw here or there tonight and didn't have any interceptions, hell that would have been an upgrade over what we just saw, he didn't really do much of anything.

It's not fair to judge a guy based on one game, but he looked about as effective as Manning did against the Colts...

What am I missing?
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    That was a country **** whoopin! Four turnovers and still won by 22? Wooohoooooo! Go Bucks!
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Whooooooooopphoooopppppppppppppoooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There are numerous "athletes" that gets rewarded. It is a hype system. Look how well they performed to the hype. Hype generates and drives the NFL. At most first year or two.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Go Buckeyes!!! They played some great defense tonight. Coughed the ball of 4 times and still only allowed 20pts. Oregon only had one real impressive drive their first one. All of their other points came from turnover opportunities. Although some of those turnovers left them with a long field so credit to them for those. Hats off to the Buckeyes though, they settled down in the second half and stopped the turnover problem. I think we only had one punt all game. Boy, what a fun night...
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,100
    Options
    HELL of a game by Ohio State tonight, unbelievable year for those guys. I'm not sure what the hell happened with Oregon, I guess that's why they're the Ducks :-)

On a side note:

I've not really watched many Oregon games this year, but have to admit I'm not impressed at all by Mariota. I don't get what all the hype is about, is he injured or something tonight? He didn't have a bad throw here or there tonight and didn't have any interceptions, hell that would have been an upgrade over what we just saw, he didn't really do much of anything.

It's not fair to judge a guy based on one game, but he looked about as effective as Manning did against the Colts...

What am I missing?

Mariota has been a stud in that system. Not great tonight and I don't really think he's an NFL QB, but a fantastic college career. Usually able to run, pass, great decision making, whatever it takes. From everything I've ever heard or read, a great human being as well. You are correct though Danny, very underwhelming tonight.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    To me he seems like another Tim Tebow, except without the championships. We all know how that worked out, Tebow is working for ESPN covering the game tonight instead of playing in the NFL.