Important message about Club Polk...

Options

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looks like the wood background is a little darker. Then again I may not have the system some of you have, I may be picking up some distortion. Maybe I should upgrade my cables :p
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Will the new forum sell speakers quicker, especially Polk speakers?
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited July 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    For Sale, Tin Foil Hat designs. Still time for those in the Central Time Zone and to the west to plan! lol

Reported.

All sales must occur in the flea market AND have a price. Ken is going to have a field day with your a$$!

Speaking of...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sac/4507843030.html
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Have we had any further details on this besides the initial post by Ken?

I think he's in a bunker somewhere with K. Sebelius getting up-to-speed for the rollout! ;-)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cody-Darn you. Got me again. Another tainted day
    Randy/Maine
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited July 2014
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Cody-Darn you. Got me again. Another tainted day

I wanted to make sure it was burned into everyone's mind for the upcoming work week.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    edited July 2014
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Reported.

All sales must occur in the flea market AND have a price. Ken is going to have a field day with your a$$!

Speaking of...

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sac/4507843030.html

No further search needed for the elusive 88 4 Runner if any of you Polkies in Sac town can do me a favor and go check this out for me
    Talk to the guy and fumigate it for me make the transaction and deal with the dude, take it in your possession I will fly out there and take it off your hands with a little extra coinage for your troubles, just make sure he squirts it with the hose and has it all washed up.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2014
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Good morning, Tony. Please allow me to add one exception....I haven't noticed the gross amount of spam lately. *Seriously thanks the Polk Audio administrative team* Please note that I am extremely busy as of late and am not on the board as much as I used to be.

Tom

True Tom, and a good morning back atcha.

Somehow I was under the impression that this transfer of hosting would shut the site down for awhile and eventually we'd have a shiny new nickel of a forum. Maybe Ken got the date wrong ? I dunno....just expecting something else is all.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited July 2014
    Options
    New boss same as the old boss...

spammers delight starting now.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    True Tom, and a good morning back atcha.

Somehow I was under the impression that this transfer of hosting would shut the site down for awhile and eventually we'd have a shiny new nickel of a forum. Maybe Ken got the date wrong ? I dunno....just expecting something else is all.

That's what i thought/expected.I was under the impression the site as we know was being laid to rest.
    And i cancelled my date with Kate Upton last night for this?
    I want my money back.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Kinda reminds you of that Y2K stuff don't it?.......
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If I had to hazard a guess the change will happen at like 11:59 this evening.....w
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    That's what i thought/expected.I was under the impression the site as we know was being laid to rest.
    And i cancelled my date with Kate Upton last night for this?
    I want my money back.

Ha....cancelling a date with Kate requires death....and even then that's an iffy prospect.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If I had to hazard a guess the change will happen at like 11:59 this evening.....w

I'm usually up until three AM. I'll drop by and take a look.
    But I have not noticed any changes as of Noon Sunday.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Ha....cancelling a date with Kate requires death....and even then that's an iffy prospect.

it's cool.I'm keeping her in the bunker in case this thing goes bad.
    As a patriot i feel i should do my part to re-populate the country.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Well, it's 1:20am here on the West Coast and I don't notice any changes at all.

So I guess that the damn thing's invisible, after all.
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ken I think has found his sense of humor...
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Maybe it's still the 27th somewhere?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's 5pm somewhere! The beards have all grown longer overnight.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry for the false alarm, guys. The launching of the new site and forum has been postponed for two weeks. If I learn anything else I'll certainly post it.
    Cheers, Ken
  • hochpt21
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the update, Ken.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This isn't the same team that launched Obamacare is it? :twisted:
    Thanks for the update!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry for the false alarm, guys. The launching of the new site and forum has been postponed for two weeks. If I learn anything else I'll certainly post it.
    Cheers, Ken
    Thanks Ken
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know Ken.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And here I thought is was like Y2K, which caused great anxiety and failed to manifest any disaster!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks Ken, appreciate all your efforts for the site sir!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Glad to be of help, sorry about the confusion.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    I'd like to ask for three CP members who would like to try out the new forum and give Polk their thoughts on how it functions. If you are a person who could test the mobile function that would be appreciated. Please send me a PM if you can do this.
    Thanks, Ken
  • hochpt21
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Improved mobile...alright, now I'm getting excited.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I have my test members, thanks everyone!