Important message about Club Polk...

Options

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info Ken. Ive visited other site before & i really find this site set up nicely. Some change would be great. Other sites can really be confusing to new members/myself included
    Randy/Maine
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Touch
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to the old/new forum from Polk. I believe the overall structure of the forum will remain the same, same categories with the same group of helpful and knowledgeable members. It will be the hosting company that will change and bring with it better ability to link with other social media and better immunity from hackers and spammers.
    Cheers, Ken

So the forum itself is not changing, just the hosting?

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just hope the new forum tolerates this childishness a little less.

Oh yeah, laughter should be a big no no?? U kidding me??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,575
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Oh yeah, laughter should be a big no no?? U kidding me??

You remember that episode of Seinfeld when George asked for bread after getting soup from the 'Soup ****'? Well....NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU! lol

j/k
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm still waiting for F1's thoughts.......... :redface::smile::lol:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'll wait and see.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2014
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'll wait and see.

Words of wisdom Jesse.........
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seriously? It's called HUMOR.. you might want to look it up in case you forgot what it means.
    I also redressed it, when responding to tonyb's reply, to point out clearly that it was in jest. The Forum has been a bit twitchy for quite a while. I love the forum, and have a ton of respect for Polk, their personnel, and Kenneth Swauger in particular.

Humor is wasted on those from the Jurassic Era............
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the new site will be blocked at work. lol security software hate new site.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    edited July 2014
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    Humor is wasted on those from the Jurassic Era............

Relax boys, George Grand is one of the funniest guys I know, and a good man to boot. Take a deep breath....look at some ****, the sun will come up tomorrow.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Seriously? It's called HUMOR.. you might want to look it up in case you forgot what it means.
    I also redressed it, when responding to tonyb's reply, to point out clearly that it was in jest. The Forum has been a bit twitchy for quite a while. I love the forum, and have a ton of respect for Polk, their personnel, and Kenneth Swauger in particular.

No, it's called "get your little barbs" in about the political crap. Why don't you grow up, stop the junior high school girl type ****, and jump in the ****ing lake?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No, it's called "get your little barbs" in about the political crap. Why don't you grow up, stop the junior high school girl type ****, and jump in the ****ing lake?
    Nice mouth. I will no longer comment, lest I incur the Wrath Ken, not to be confused with the Wrath of Khan. Oops, Dang there goes that humor thing again.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    On a lighter note, lets wait and see what this new forum will look like. If Ken has anything to do with it I'm sure it will be better than whats here now. Granted the analog section may be bigger.

I'm sure some will piss and moan about something, so if any bugs pop up, lets give them a chance to work those out. I'm still lobbying to get Rick88 his own section. Maybe we can call it " ****, Brats and Big arse speakers".
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited July 2014
    Options

......isn't it discouraging how the anonymity of the internet and specifically this forum cause people to say things that most would never say face to face. What is the harm in a little silliness or humor. I expect most of us are still working hard a various careers and this offers a bit of a diversion. I sure am and I sure need it. I know some will think what give this newbie with only about a 100 posts the right to make such a comment. So be it.
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I have this feeling George would say that to your face lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    edited July 2014
    Options
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sea wrote: »
    ......most would never say face to face.

.....don't know George.....is why I said "most".
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • Jstas
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I have this feeling George would say that to your face lol...

George would. He definitely would. Because he's honest and calls it like he sees it. That's a good trait IMO because you never have to second guess where you stand with George and he affords people enough respect and courtesy to be honest with them and not "put up appearances".

I wish more people were like George instead of this petty, conniving, weaselly, back-stabbing, phony, two-faced culture we seem to have anymore where everyone thinks they are better than you and will passive-aggressively tell you so. George doesn't think he's better than you. He just thinks he's him and you are you and what's all the friction about? Where's my coffee?

George's hand shake means something.

That's more than I can say for most of the people I have encountered in my life.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Passive aggressives make mad, but I don't tell them, I just inject hot sauce in their twinkies.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just hope they keep the wood panel background. I've never understood the connection between that and speakers, but I like the look of it now. :)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ha....thanks Rick !

Sure didn't make 'em like that when I was growing up. If they did, my child support to about half a half dozen women would have put a real kink in the audio budget.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,139
    edited July 2014
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Passive aggressives make mad, but I don't tell them, I just inject hot sauce in their twinkies.

LMAO!

I pity da FOOL!:lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I hope they keep her!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just hope they get the freaking image issues fixed. The current system is a mess. Sometimes they show up in the post. Other times a link shows up. Plus increase the maximum file size.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited July 2014
    Options
    New moderator goes to highest bidder .... $$$ to Mr Ken's paypal of course !!!!!
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And also increase the size of PM inboxes!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,575
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I just hope they keep the wood panel background. I've never understood the connection between that and speakers, but I like the look of it now. :)

That's not wood, it's vinyl!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Rest easy boys and girls, rumor has it Polk hired the same company that setup healthcare.gov.
    I'm sure everything will be just fine...........

Clever, witty and funny!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I hate to admit it but that is funny! And it is almost a truism that when you "outsource" something you usually get less service? You do it because it's cheaper to maintain, and you can also ELIMINATE the WEB Masters that Polk used to employ [common "downsizing ploy"]. Thankfully, Patrick already has another job. He was wise to get out early, it seems!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]