Important message about Club Polk...

Options

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    Options
    I wanna turn mine in and get 10% off MSRP for each badge hehehe...... That would be cool if the more you got you got some sort of monetary reward lol.... but I'm dreaming... so why not dream big...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    What little badge things? I'm starting to think I"m seeing a different forum than you guys. I mean, yeah, I see the little icons for Facebook and stuff and the little icons for people but have been ignoring all that, am I missing something?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I'm confused as to which thread to report problems. I've been using the "Not liking the new forum layout" thread, but for some reason it no longer shows up in recent discussions even after I just posted there.

Anyways, this is a problem that I have found, and wanted to report...
    When I am writing a post and someone else posts before me, but while I'm viewing the page, their post won't show up even after I post my comments. My new post will show up, but I have to refresh the page to see if someone else posted before I did.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Sounds like a warp in space-time to me. Are you, perhaps in an accelerated frame of reference, or traveling at relativistic velocities?
  • Hermitism
    Options
    In the old forum, when you posted it automatically refreshed the page. Or it's a warp in space-time. Good one!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Hermy your eyeball is freaking me out!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Hermitism
    Options
    That's actually my eye. Click on my user name and go to my profile for a larger pic. I opened my eye really big and took a macro shot of it. Once on my computer, I cropped it. My eyebrows still showed up in the upper corners, so I removed the eyebrows because hair looks gross up close. Turned it black and white, except for the iris, then darkened my skin to create more of a contrast with the white part of my eye. BTW, I don't have "Hermitism" tattooed below my eye.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    You'd be a lot cooler if you did B)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Hermitism
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    You'd be a lot cooler if you did B)

Probably! But please stop talking about my eye, I'm afraid I'm going to get chastised again for thread jacking. I can't conform to a society with this many rules.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Is there an easier way to delete your PM's?

I have pages of them now, all the way back to 2009. I have spent 2hours going through them, and I didn't get very far... This is really my biggest complaint with the upgrade..

My only other complaints is there is not a new post button, and the white back ground.. Everything else I think I can adjust to..

Maybe a mod can delete my PM box except the first page??
    I went thorough the same thing, and spent an hour doing it. There should be check boxes or something similar to delete multiple PMs without having to open each one.

Just looked at this now for giggles... Are you KIDDING ME? I have pm's from my very first day on the forum. I thought "delete" meant just that, and now I have to go through literally a thousand pm's, and delete them again one by one?

they fix one mess by creating an even larger one IMHO...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I wish that would have happened when Hotmail converted to Outlook. I would have gotten back all those naked pictures of my ex-girlfriend that she used to send me!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    null
    I have copies if u need them
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I'm confused as to which thread to report problems. I've been using the "Not liking the new forum layout" thread, but for some reason it no longer shows up in recent discussions even after I just posted there.

Exactly. That is one problem with Recent Discussions.

Another that I wonder about is why threads show up at the top of the Recent Dicussion list, but the 'New' symbol is not shown against the thread. Yet threads further down have a 'New' symbol. How can a thread get moved up if there isn't a 'New' post to it?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Hermitism wrote: »

Exactly. That is one problem with Recent Discussions.

Another that I wonder about is why threads show up at the top of the Recent Dicussion list, but the 'New' symbol is not shown against the thread. Yet threads further down have a 'New' symbol. How can a thread get moved up if there isn't a 'New' post to it?

I think I've got that one figured out. Maybe. I think the yellow "new" symbol only shows up on threads that you have viewed. If it's a thread you've never looked in before, it will never have a "new" tag next to it.

• Hermitism
    Options
    I have another question. When viewing a thread, in the right pane it says "Who's Online in this Category". So in this thread, for example, does that mean they are viewing The Clubhouse or this exact thread? I'd like to know who is viewing the same thread as myself, but why would I care if they are viewing some other thread in The Clubhouse. Up until now I thought they were viewing the same thread as me, but it says "category", so I guess I was wrong.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    The new Polk Audio Forums, brought to you by PFB. >:)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I tried to quote a post on IPhone and it shows the word "null" instead of the quote.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I tried to quote a post on IPhone and it shows the word "null" instead of the quote.

Piece of Mind!!! Great album!!

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »

Speaking of which... he has yet to find his way back. B)

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    One thing I miss is that you can't tell if you've replied in a thread. In the old forum there was a flag by the thread name so you could tell if you had a post in that thread.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    ^ But it does tell you that there are new posts.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    ^ But it does tell you that there are new posts.

True, but I want to see what threads I've been in. So when they pop up again I can open it to see if somebody answered a question I may have put in there.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options

Ahhh, very much doubt that!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,929
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Google an older discussion on the forum and the URL is now broken. Every link across the Internet no longer works. So, in addition to the poor choices in the look and functionality of the new site, changing the URL seems misguided. I have to believe that traffic to the site has fallen off a cliff.

Has anyone from Polk explained the thinking behind this abomination?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Good question.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tornado Red
    Options
    Anyone know if we've lost the Showcase or if it's been carried over?
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    "What where you thinking." . . . Obviously they weren't
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    I had a brand new member contact me via PM. He was trying to find out about how to mod some speakers, did his due diligence by searching for the info only to find broken links and when he did manage to find something, said the pics are gone and we all know a pic is worth a thousand words.

Simply inexcusable!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Speedskater
    Options
    That message (on the old site):
    Quick Upgrade. Be Back Soon
    Has been up since day one of this mess.