Important message about Club Polk...

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
edited August 2014 in The Clubhouse
Hello CP members,
There will be some great changes to Polk's forum happening on the 27th of this month. In response to your requests for a better more up-to-date forum Polk is closing the forum as we know it. On the 27th a new Polk forum will begin and there will be instructions to direct you to the new site.
I know there will be lots of confusion, but from what I've seen you will thoroughly enjoy the new forum and find most of the things you've asked for provided. As always myself and NAP will be around to help with questions and concerns.
Enjoy, Ken
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hello CP members,
    There will be some great changes to Polk's forum happening on the 27th of this month. In response to your requests for a better more up-to-date forum Polk is closing the forum as we know it. On the 27th a new Polk forum will begin and there will be instructions to direct you to the new site.
    I know there will be lots of confusion, but from what I've seen you will thoroughly enjoy the new forum and find most of the things you've asked for provided. As always myself and NAP will be around to help with questions and concerns.
    Enjoy, Ken

Will we lose anything i.e. post counts or anything of the sort? you make it sound like we'll need to re-up our membership.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cool!

Are the threads here along with our user info going to be ported over? Or are we all starting at square one with regards to post count, join date etc?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't care about post count unless it factors into the marketplace.

Yes x2!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited July 2014
    Options
    There is a chance all my idiocy will be erased forever! :razz:
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't care about post count unless it factors into the marketplace.

Sorry Skipper, I won't sell anything to you or F1 unless you have at least 100 posts! F1 has expressed interest in my power conditioner on many occasions. I don't make the rules, I just follow them!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm not so worried about post counts but will the old forum still be available for fun stuff like getting the Polkfest info transferred over?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,280
    edited July 2014
    Options
    With the changes, might we expect more cowbell ?
    Sal Palooza
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If we lose our post count, we'll have to see who can pee the farthest.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I would be most concerned with losing the many useful threads that have tons of valuable research in them.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Holy crap, that's like 4 days from now...
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Kenneth thanks for all you've done. I will miss all of you, hey that means I can stop spending money on gear (kidding) looking forward to the new digs ahem I mean the new club Polk and the announcement of some new model SDA's
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Only 4 days till the place is gone,Dam..... now I wish I never sent Steve that money order for the sqeezebox lol
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looking forward to it. Hopefully Polk succeeds at bringing this forum up to snuff (particularly eliminating all the spam!) while still retaining everything that's been built up over so many years. Post counts, all the threads, etc.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2014
    Options
    But will we be able to access the various chapters of PFB's never ending audio saga?
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This is good news, I've said some pretty dumb stuff in the past.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Oh ba-hum bug I hate change

If I wanted change I would have voted for Obama

This was just a joke guys, looking forward to the new digs

Cheers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2014
    Options
    markmarc wrote: »
    but will we be able to access the various chapters of pfb's never ending audio saga?

this!!!!!
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited July 2014
    Options
    markmarc wrote: »
    But will we be able to access the various chapters of PFB's never ending audio saga?

I Think the new forum is going to be called Club Polk, powered by PFB, his chick magnet Porsche and his skinny jeans wearing Thai ladyboys.:lol:

Think they will have a God and Politics sub-forum?:rolleyes::lol:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I just have one question....

Was Rick88 consulted in the setup of this new forum ?

God....I hope so.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ^^^^^

lol :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • rotwood
    rotwood Posts: 12
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I will try to download some threads just in case. Yes, I can't find much information about srt except here. Thanks,
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Just please DON'T take features away then offer them back with a membership fee...like $10 Instant Classifieds, $45 Premium, $60 Platinum, etc. Don't do it! Thank You! :)

Looking forward to the new site and features.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Wonder how long it takes before all of the folks who b*****d about the current site will b***h about the new site? Any bets?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Dawgfish wrote: »
    Wonder how long it takes before all of the folks who b*****d about the current site will b***h about the new site? Any bets?

I bet it starts before it even launches...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ^^Yep I'm with you!^^
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Looking forward to the new site. Thanks Ken for information.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Post count? Who cares as long as (Dskip points out) we still have our access to Flea Market.

And, also, that we still have access to all the informative posts that are already on this site! That has not been addressed in the notice! If the forum goes NEW...what exactly will its "parameters" be?

Fingers crossed for the best!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Things always change.

They seldom get better -- they just get different.

Let's remain optimistic with Ken in there swinging the bat for us!

ONWARD AND UPWARD!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• bernardo
    bernardo Posts: 120
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Great, in 13 years I''ll be able to see the flea market again! :smile:

Glad to see Polk cares about this place ...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I hope Polk leaves the existing site in an archival state for those people just googling looking for info. CP pops up on a lot general searches for reference
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kdblove_99
    kdblove_99 Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Sounds great. Think I've been on this forum for 2 weeks straight now. Good Community