Important message about Club Polk...

Options

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ken, can I apply to be a MOD for the new site?
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,575
    edited July 2014
    Options

THAT is THE post of this YEAR as far as I am concerned! Bravo PFB...bravo! ;)

On another note...yall heard that the new forum will require 1000 posts to see the classifieds section?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2014
    Options
    That would not bother me as I don't need anything else unless something breaks, but one does like too look (window shop).

I just need to find enough time to enjoy what I have :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2014
    Options

Why? You can't sell it on eBay.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    George would. He definitely would. Because he's honest and calls it like he sees it. That's a good trait IMO because you never have to second guess where you stand with George and he affords people enough respect and courtesy to be honest with them and not "put up appearances".

I wish more people were like George instead of this petty, conniving, weaselly, back-stabbing, phony, two-faced culture we seem to have anymore where everyone thinks they are better than you and will passive-aggressively tell you so. George doesn't think he's better than you. He just thinks he's him and you are you and what's all the friction about? Where's my coffee?

George's hand shake means something.

That's more than I can say for most of the people I have encountered in my life.

AMEN!

George says what he means and means what he says. He is honorable and follows CP rules, which means he doesn't talk about disallowed subjects dressed up as humor, jokes or other BS that everyone sees through for what it is anyway.

In short, George is the real deal whether online or in person, and George hugs means something too! And you can best believe that the majority in here won't get one from me, but he ALWAYS will!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And you can best believe that the majority in here won't get one from me

Nor would they want one......geesh, talk about an attitude problem, you take the cake.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    edited July 2014
    Options
    :smile:
    Randy/Maine
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hey we should all start using cuss words because it dont matter about infractions? Am I right or am I fu=cking right?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,139
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hey we should all start using cuss words because it dont matter about infractions? Am I right or am I ****** right?

I don't think I have ever known you to be right about anything...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Anything has to be better than now. I just submitted a post, and then tried to edit it a minute later, and the edit box is empty! WTF! I guess we will find out Monday.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,302
    edited July 2014
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    AMEN!

George says what he means and means what he says. He is honorable and follows CP rules, which means he doesn't talk about disallowed subjects dressed up as humor, jokes or other BS that everyone sees through for what it is anyway.

In short, George is the real deal whether online or in person, and George hugs means something too! And you can best believe that the majority in here won't get one from me, but he ALWAYS will!

All very true. But it should be pointed out .... maybe I shouldn't ... well (it's never stopped me before ..... you are aware that Mr. Grand eats bees.
    Scientists have been trying to solve the mystery behind Chronic Colony Collapse for years with no luck.
    I'm not one to point fingers, but ..... pretty obvious they've been looking at the wrong culprit.

Other than possibly causing the collapse of civilization as we know it, Mr. Grand certainly is one of the folks here who makes this place an enjoyable place to visit.
    Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I like George, but his response was over the top and uncalled for. We all know it, he knows it. How about we leave it at that and move on. We all get a brain **** every so often.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not over the top. Nice smoke screen chief. I'M not the one they are trying to emulate and impress. YOU are. Nice to be king?
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited July 2014
    Options
    tumblr_n07bjsuG6H1sw1gtbo1_500.gif
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,561
    edited July 2014
    Options
    My guess is the outsourced site will lose the wood background and go to the money making ads that plague most sites.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    edited July 2014
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    you just ruined my day :sad: Do Not Open This
    Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not over the top. Nice smoke screen chief. I'M not the one they are trying to emulate and impress. YOU are. Nice to be king?

Huh ??

Maybe there is something to the Bee thing.lol C'mon George, we are both too old to play this game. A guy may a simple joke with a political connotation and your response was to cuss at him ? Is there an age requirement to break the rules ? Your not the only one that likes to tell it as it is straight up.

Emulate me ? King ?....man, then we have some seriously misguided folks. LOL
    What say we leave it alone and move on.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »

Now that is just wrong on many levels....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited July 2014
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Anything has to be better than now. I just submitted a post, and then tried to edit it a minute later, and the edit box is empty! WTF! I guess we will find out Monday.

Yeah they should understand that if we change and add components to our systems all the time that we should have the edit button available at all times.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,575
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Cody...no more soup for you! lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    A DIY section may be nice since a lot of guys these days are into saving a buck. Plus there's some nifty DIY projects I've seen that look fantastic. Let alone the DIY info on tweeters and crossovers has been very helpful to a lot of members.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Agreed Tony, a DIY hangout would be nice.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2014
    Options

Wow....

• tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Options
    John, let it rest big guy...please.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited July 2014
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »

My job here is done. :biggrin:
  • boston1450
    edited July 2014
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    My job here is done. :biggrin:
    im still laughing about it :smile:
    Randy/Maine
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Thanks Tony, Cody and Randy! :-)
    ....and, of course, Dave! ;-)
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited July 2014
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    My guess is the outsourced site will lose the wood background and go to the money making ads that plague most sites.

I installed "GHOSTERY" It stops all the cookies and dataminers. Really sped up my computer on a lot of sites that really dog you with ads.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Not to derail the thread but does anybody know where I could find a Land Cruiser say maybe an 88 model?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)