Official im old enough to remember when thread.

Comments

• newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 757
    edited May 2013
    I remember using my sisters Village People album for Daisy Red Rider target practice while wearing a denim jacket and a baseball shirt that said "Disco sucks long live rock n roll" (bad news bears style)! I thought it was cool the way vinyl shattered from a well placed BB shot on a cold day! Must have been shortly after Christmas, because the record was one of her presents, and the BB gun was mine! Ah! Good times!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    edited May 2013
    I remember my cousin's father banned Beatle music from their house. She had to hide her Beatle 45's. One time we went to visit them and she hid her 45's in her dresser before we went out somewhere for the day. It was one of those 100 degree and humid mid-summer days, and when we came back, her "I Want To Hold Your Hand" single had warped into an ashtray. When she saw that, she started bawling. Her Dad came into the bedroom to see what was going on and immediately saw the Beatle single. She got a real whoopin'.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2013
    I remember the black dudes in school with the fro rakes that had the the "power fist" as a handle; and white dudes wearing the "earth shoes" or "desert boots"...LOL funny stuff.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2013
    I remember when TV used to sign off! ....."Oh say can you see"......
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    edited May 2013
    drinking out of tin cans, not aluminum
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2013
    UHF channels on the TV. And you had to get up to change the channel by rotating a dial.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited May 2013
    For the old local Polkies-
    Jack Luskin The Cheapest Guy in Town
    ChuckThompson and Bill ODonnell calling O's games on the radio.
    Upper Deck at Memorial Stadium for3 bucks
    Gino giants
    Frostie Root Beer
    Korvettes for records
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2013
    Chicko-stick anyone? LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited May 2013
    ......."Take it off, Take it aaaall off.".....
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited May 2013
    I remember the hotttest chix on tv were Mary Ann, Marsha Brady, Ellemae Clampett, and Agent 99.
    BOING!:lol:

Now you guys are stuck with hosebags like Kim Kardashian!:rolleyes:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    edited May 2013
    obieone wrote: »
    I remember the hotttest chix on tv were Mary Ann, Marsha Brady, Ellemae Clampett, and Agent 99.

Don't forget Mrs. Peel. Especially in her catsuit. Blimey!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited May 2013
    Emma was fine, but you can keep the little Brady girl, and Barbara Felton, a fully mature woman who was built like a little girl. Calamity Jane on F Troop wore a mean pair of jeans. And Ginger. Maryanne who? She wasn't even mentioned by name in the original theme song. Her and the prof were "...and the rest, are here on Gilligan's Isle!"

Julie Newmar as the Catwoman. Batman was a horse's ****. I would've had SOMETHING on that belt to make her want to bang me.
  • hertz9753
    hertz9753 Posts: 310
    edited May 2013
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rA6kbSEmNU4?feature=player_detailpage&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also had a huge crush on Linda Evans. :biggrin:

le2.jpg
    le2.jpg 59.1K
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited May 2013
    I'm old enough to remember when "Safe Sex" meant not telling her your last name! :wink:
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2013
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    UHF channels on the TV. And you had to get up to change the channel by rotating a dial.

With a wire hanger as an antenna.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tornado Red
    Tornado Red Posts: 939
    edited June 2013
    obieone wrote: »

obi, so where do you stand on the age old question of which one would you choose? Mary Ann or Jeannie?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    edited June 2013
    obi, so where do you stand on the age old question of which one would you choose? Mary Ann or Jeannie?

Both were hot in their own way but for me....something about Mary Ann said she could rock you all night long.:smile:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tornado Red
    edited June 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    Both were hot in their own way but for me....something about Mary Ann said she could rock you all night long.:smile:

Good point Tony. Mary Ann may have been a little firmer, probably because she had to climb trees for coconuts, fend off the Skipper, etc, whereas all Jeannie had to do was fold her arms and blink to get what she wanted....
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited June 2013
    Remember?.......McDonalds hamburgers for fifteen cents....gas stations getting into a price war selling for eleven cents a gallon.....ten cent bottle cokes at the local drug store for a dime....Samantha on Bewitched was hot too....and last but not least...this date on 1968 .....Sargent Peppers
    Lonely Hearts Club Band was released...Where have all the good times gone?
  • steveinaz
    edited June 2013
    Ahhhh...Petty coat Junction. I think I can attribute my first stiffy to that show.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited June 2013
    I'd have to say Mary Ann, only because she aged so well.
    Miss Jane from F-Troop was another hotty. She came across as the dominant type......fishnets, corset, bullwhip:twisted
    IIRC, she had a whip on the show didn't she? Her characters name was 'Wrangler Jane' so.......
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • tonyb
    edited June 2013
    Heck, almost forgot about F-troop. Yeah, Miss Jane was all that to a young kid man. That show was pretty darn funny too. Now I can't get that intro tune out of my head.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,224
    edited June 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    With a wire hanger as an antenna.

And when it didn't work right you beat the crap out of the TV
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    edited June 2013
    You mean you weren't suppose to bang the sides, kick it to clear up the static ? Throw crap at it ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,224
    edited June 2013
    Jean Stapleton, best known for playing Edith Bunker in 'All in the Family,' dies at 90

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/01/all-in-family-jean-stapleton-dies-at-0/#ixzz2V0GJe5Nq
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited June 2013
    No one had dryers. Everyone hung their clothes outside on lines to dry.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • hertz9753
    edited June 2013
    Thorton wrote: »
    No one had dryers. Everyone hung their clothes outside on lines to dry.

When I was kid, we were poor. Electric washing machine with a hand crank wringer. I own the old house now and clothes line is still in the yard.
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • tonyb
    edited June 2013
    hertz9753 wrote: »
    When I was kid, we were poor. Electric washing machine with a hand crank wringer. I own the old house now and clothes line is still in the yard.

Had one of those too, then they came out with the electric wringer....remember those ? Remember getting your hand caught in it ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tornado Red
    edited June 2013
    My 1974 Pontiac Ventura Sprint, 350 4speed, with a Muntz 8 track. I didn't think life could get any better :lol:
  • hertz9753
    edited June 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    Had one of those too, then they came out with the electric wringer....remember those ? Remember getting your hand caught in it ?

I did get a shirt that I wearing caught in one. It was like a MMA fight. I didn't tap though.
    My 1974 Pontiac Ventura Sprint, 350 4speed, with a Muntz 8 track. I didn't think life could get any better :lol:

I had a 1974 Oldmobile Omega with 350cu and TH350 auto trans. It came with an AM radio. I upgraded to a Kraco cassette player. The one with only fast foward and to eject you pushed the button in all the way. Did your Pontiac have a 4 barrel Rochester Quadrajet Carburetor?
    :smile:
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R