Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,010
    I keep blankets in my car for two reasons....

1. Car breaks down in the cold
    2. Transporting gear
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,369
    Tony M wrote: »
    Harbor Freight sells "moving blankets" cheap. Maybe I need to buy some now and keep them in my trunk JUST for transporting my audio purchases. :p

These look great! 9.00 but with 20% off coupon...7.20...not bad at all.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/72-inch-x-80-inch-movers-blanket-66537.html
    cclxpov27zpa.png

Or you could also go to the local thrift like I did and bring home a variety of them for very little $$. The wife's old bath towels also work well to wrap electronics for a safe journey home.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,838
    Harbor Freight sells "moving blankets" cheap. Maybe I need to buy some now and keep them in my trunk JUST for transporting my audio purchases. :p

These look great! 9.00 but with 20% off coupon...7.20...not bad at all.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/72-inch-x-80-inch-movers-blanket-66537.html
    cclxpov27zpa.png

And if you get kicked to the Dog House, they make excellent bed spreads! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,492
    edited February 2019
    Great price to start with.^^^

Prices keep getting better and better the more people go streaming and wireless. :o

When Bose came out, I bought a lot of great deals. I think this is the new dump of big audio speakers and gear. Maybe I should hit the old spots I used to frequent! :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • 5.1 System:
    Sharp Aquos 37" LCD
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    NAD 106 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 15,283
    Play your cards right they're free....
  • JayMXJayMX Posts: 252
    JayMX wrote: »
    Oh this is killing me, just up the road... but I do not need...
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54903266
    They are pin blade and not quite as wide as my SRS2’s. Soooo tempting.
    wsodg97ficpk.jpeg

The seller just offered these to me again, apparently they didn’t get the $800 they thought they would get... super tempted. If I don’t pull the trigger, @daddyjt or @dolbyd I can make arrangements for you if’n you’re interested. Are there any other Utah Polkaholics on here?? I’m having a hard time justifying another pair haha!
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s, Dynamat, Sonicaps, Mills, H-nuts), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), RTA 11T's, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Pairs that have passed through:
    Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, SDA2, SDA2a, SDA1b, SDA SRS2

...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,801
    Keeping them in the family should be justification enough. Especially if the price is right.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 662
    Justifing, justification <- what is this???
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • dolbyddolbyd Posts: 424
    Tempting for sure.
    I'm still looking at the LSiM705s/706 for sale. He is down to $1500 or best offer.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 7705, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, Perfect Wave AC-5 x8, Douglas jumpers, SVS Ultra speaker cables, Transparent IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, GIK room treatments

Office-Infinity Kappa 600, Kappa Center, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 5012, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 510C 48"

Master BR- LSi7, LSiC, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-PC 2000, Marantz 7704, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" 800B

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,654
    Oh this is killing me, just up the road... but I do not need...
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54903266
    They are pin blade and not quite as wide as my SRS2’s. Soooo tempting.
    wsodg97ficpk.jpeg

The seller just offered these to me again, apparently they didn’t get the $800 they thought they would get... super tempted. If I don’t pull the trigger, @daddyjt or @dolbyd I can make arrangements for you if’n you’re interested. Are there any other Utah Polkaholics on here?? I’m having a hard time justifying another pair haha!

Getting them for $600 would be a sweet deal
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    Prices keep getting better and better the more people go streaming and wireless

Great score on the CRS' by the way!
    Home System:
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • JayMX wrote: »
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Tempting for sure.
    I'm still looking at the LSiM705s/706 for sale. He is down to $1500 or best offer.
    I saw those. Beautiful! 👍🏻👍🏻 But I ain’t got that kind of ca$h.

And now I have less ca$h... 😂 I couldn’t pass them up. I have no self control! And then there’s all of the enablers here... But I got a KILLER deal. I kinda hesitate to say what I paid. I talked them down a bit from the original listing... I will say it was way less than $600 @audioluvr. No interconnect cable, missing stock jumpers, and someone removed the tweeter waveguide flap thingies... They need a little cosmetic love but boy am I stoked! Might have a near perfect pair of 1986 SRS2's for sale soon! Will be fun to A/B them and decide!
    ppfh7g08v7o2.jpeg
    6a52botu9s61.jpeg
    woi6t2z0h6gs.jpeg
    e14iqtxw95fd.jpeg
    meweqv0wlwmb.jpeg

Congratulations on your purchase. I little elbow grease from you will make for a rewarding project.
    edited February 2019
    Congrats! I would've had to go look at them in person if they were near me also. ;)
    Again...First me, now you...A pin/blade model. Nice! B):p

I also have SRS2's and haven't heard the preference from anybody I don't think as to which is better doing what when and where.

I'll be waiting for your comparison and review results later on for sure.
    And now I have less ca$h... 😂 I couldn’t pass them up. I have no self control! And then there’s all of the enablers here... But I got a KILLER deal. I kinda hesitate to say what I paid. I talked them down a bit from the original listing... I will say it was way less than $600 @audioluvr. No interconnect cable, missing stock jumpers, and someone removed the tweeter waveguide flap thingies... They need a little cosmetic love but boy am I stoked! Might have a near perfect pair of 1986 SRS2's for sale soon! Will be fun to A/B them and decide!

Sweet! Stock interconnect is a POS anyways! Speakon's and Dreadnought baby! Looks like an awesome project! If you can't find anyone local to fab you a copy of the waveguide, send me the one and I'll do it for you.
    Home System:
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    tested them out last night and both SL3000's are blown. measure open across the terminals. no continuity.... :( threw in some 2000's to test and the crossovers are working, so i guess a pair of 198's are in my future... :)
    Current Collection:
    Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL2000), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s, Dynamat, Sonicaps, Mills, H-nuts), SDA CRS+ (SL2000), RTA12c (194's), SDA SRS 2 (SL2000)

Repair pile: SRS 3.1TL (198’s), RTA 11T's, (1) lonely RTA 11TL to become a center channel... someday...

Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10c (3x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, SDA2, SDA2a, SDA1b, SDA SRS2

Sorry to hear those tweeters are bad. Looks like the upgrade to 198's will dig deeper into those pockets now or later.

I guess the review will be a little longer in waiting. No problem though. I know the cash is tight right now.

Sorry to hear those tweeters are bad. Looks like the upgrade to 198's will dig deeper into those pockets now or later.

I guess the review will be a little longer in waiting. No problem though. I know the cash is tight right now.

I ordered the 198's today. They’re not backoedered like the 194's... Hope to have them fully functional next week. Aesthetics can come later! And the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper... 😂
    Current Collection:

• xschopxschop Posts: 1,106
    Looking forward to watching your rebuild. Any hints about the aesthetics makeover?
  • pglbookpglbook Posts: 1,819
    edited February 2019
    Polk SDA 2.3TLs in Phoenix, AZ, just listed on CL. Great condition and price. Someone on here needs to jump on these asap. If they were anywhere near upstate NY I'd be on my way to get them myself right now. I have been looking for this model for some time. Hope someone on here near Phoenix runs and gets them! No affiliation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POLK-SDA-SRS-2-3TL-Vintage-Floor-standing-Speakers-VERY-CLEAN-Incredible/223374652459?hash=item34022ab42b:g:yeoAAOSw6FNcXHia:rk:1:pf:0
  • pkquatpkquat Posts: 692
    SDA 1C's in Elgin, Oklahoma, with RD0-194's, sound deadening in the cabinets, spikes and who knows what else. Currently $150 on the bay, but I bet a reserve has not been met. No affiliation, but some one here needs to get these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-SDA-1C-USED/283362926525?hash=item41f9bf1fbd:g:nGoAAOSw1T1cVcyl:rk:2:pf:0
    "Cow eye tweeters". Gotta get me a pair of them! Sounds like he needs to grow a set and tell the ol' lady how it's going to be! Of course what do I know, I've been divorced 3 times...
    Home System:
    Belles 21A Tube Pre
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    pkquat wrote: »
    SDA 1C's in Elgin, Oklahoma, with RD0-194's, sound deadening in the cabinets, spikes and who knows what else. Currently $150 on the bay, but I bet a reserve has not been met. No affiliation, but some one here needs to get these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-SDA-1C-USED/283362926525?hash=item41f9bf1fbd:g:nGoAAOSw1T1cVcyl:rk:2:pf:0

I wonder what "extreme water damage and rotting away" means? I don't see any extreme water damage from the pictures.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,941
    edited February 2019
    Saw these posted for sale in the Valley of the Sun, no affiliation. aqnplwjqy3ew.jpg
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/phoenix-vintage-polk-sda-srs-23tl/6813843593.html
    Sorry, just saw the Ebay posting above.
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,617
    edited February 2019
    pkquat wrote: »

I wonder what "extreme water damage and rotting away" means? I don't see any extreme water damage from the pictures.

IF you re-read, he says the "original boxes"....

" Original boxes came with them when I purchased them. They had extreme water damage. Ended up rotting away over the years. I will NOT ship these."
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Electro Voice EV-SIX
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

Thank you for clearing that up. ;)
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,801
    Vintage, but not monitor or SDA:

Check out this HiFi 5.1 Stereo Speakers Polk and Definitive Technologies for $500 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/PUiVad9BaU

No affiliation
    edited February 2019
    That's a heck of a deal! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    asktvpi178zn.png
    dbolurvv9rr9.png
    ca5v96xtan83.png
    d39311ovnoco.png
    l8qyfc7u48gr.png
    xqzjl12aina7.png