Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• nikoniknikonik Posts: 120
    ThomasD wrote: »
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg
    https://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/d/stereo-and-hifi-heaven/6566767406.html

I was just contacted by the person I bought a pair of SDA 2A's from that these were available for $1900.
    Am I really missing something about this picture or is that 'crack' pipe making the rounds again?

What a shame that every dust cap on those 2.3TL's are pushed in. No telling what other abuse they suffered.
    ujmyu2b7ewky.jpg
    https://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/d/stereo-and-hifi-heaven/6566767406.html

I was just contacted by the person I bought a pair of SDA 2A's from that these were available for $1900.
    Am I really missing something about this picture or is that 'crack' pipe making the rounds again?

What a shame that every dust cap on those 2.3TL's are pushed in. No telling what other abuse they suffered.

The owner is now down to $1500.00 and says the dust caps are a non issue, they pull out easily !! No grill surrounds, no IC, looks like the cap is damaged. Can't believe anyone would ask anything near that in this condition. Thinking of offering $400, not sure if they are worth that but they are only the 2nd SDA's that have come up for sale in the state this winter. I bought the last pair.

Send him this link. Perhaps he will rethink his price.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/401506311994
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 17,165
    You guys realize that shipping anything to Alaska is a PITA right? How’s many SDAs you think are up there?

Location plays a role in price. Those 650 SDAs May cost 650 to get up to Alaska making it a non deal lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ThomasDThomasD Posts: 262
    Very true. But regardless of where the speaker is located, a price of $1500 for that particular pair of 2.3's in their current condition is still outrageous in my opinion. I'd pay the shipping & cost for those SDA's in WA. long before I'd purchase the more local pair due to the better apparent shape they're in. I think the owner here is just trying to take advantage of some unsuspecting buyer. But he can put any price on them he wants because they're his and someone may think they've purchased the deal of the century.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,518
    Crazy I've seen 2.3tl's sell here fully with all mods for 1500.00 and completely re-veneered in a very nice wood.
    Dont look back at them
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,467
    edited April 2018
    There's a fool born every day... :s

But then again, Location, location, location! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,826
    diarmadhim wrote: »

These have been for sale for quite some time because
    A. The guy is a douchebag
    B. They are rediculously overpriced
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,503
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These have been for sale for quite some time because
    A. The guy is a douchebag
    B. They are rediculously overpriced

I just read the listing and I am going to go with "A + B".
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 9,025
    But he's willing to trade if you have a "DVD/Bluray collection of several thousand good titles"

No, "Debbie Does Dallas" is not a "good title".
    Clipdat wrote: »
    But he's willing to trade if you have a "DVD/Bluray collection of several thousand good titles"

No, "Debbie Does Dallas" is not a "good title".

Those might be the kind he's referring to. ;)
    ^^^ pshya! That's a great title!
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    ^^^^ nice looking! Walnut too!
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-reference/6572649118.htm

"Price is fair and firm." - What do you think guys? $525 is fair?

00p0p_e11KB0q6YNb_1200x900.jpg
    So fair it is gone
    ^^^^ what he said
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    He also had the original link cable!
    If you've ever heard the SRS2's, it's hard NOT to want your own pair IF you have the room for them to breathe ( But I have seen a pair in a bedroom and they sounded pretty impressive there too. ) and a strong back to handle them. And a strong groin too I might add. :#

If you have to bring them upstairs, may God help you. o:)
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    kmeek wrote: »
    Ok guys what is a good price on a set of 3.1TL's???

These came available in my area but seem kind of high.... What are your thoughts? Thanks

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/speakers-vintage-polk-audio/6548448698.html

hpjuusxtl4y0.jpg

@kmeek What did you decide on these? I see they are still available. I'm considering starting to negotiate with the owner but only if your not interested in them. Thanks

@ThomasD Sorry about that I was off grid for a couple of days...... Go for it and hope you get them.
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 225
    OK so I am supposed to go look at a pair of 1.2 TL's that I might have a chance to buy.
    My first time looking at a pair of the big boys....
    Is there anything I should look out for when I am inspecting and listening to them??

Thanks, Any help would be appreciated......

I would die a happy camper if I can rope these (just hopefully not a day after I get them) I'm just saying...... lol!
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,130
    I think the main thing on the big ones is the passive. I would inspect them good because they are almost unobtainable. The rest is just like any other speaker,push test,check for seized drivers.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009-B&W Cdm1nt, Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,858
    edited April 2018
    Holy moly!!! Soooo much want.

@mdaudioguy that's in your backyard isn't it?
  • verbverb Posts: 10,313
    False advertising! Good catch @erniejade ! Still a deal, IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 698
    Not a bad deal but there is a much cleaner pair on CL in that same area for a couple more bucks. They were posted a couple pages back in this thread i believe.
    ^ true, maybe I should get both? :*:#
    edited April 2018
    edited April 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oh common, out with it! No need to pull punches here. ;)
    edited April 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oh common, out with it! No need to pull punches here. ;)

Erniejade beat me to it i failed to read far enough ;)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 5,503
    TL = True Love
    Viking64 wrote: »
    TL = True Love

What. No grammar correction??? Slipping...
    FestYboy wrote: »

Oh common,
    erniejade wrote: »
    Thoes are not TL.

;)
    Polk SDA 1C's modded