The LSi9...is it really that good?

Comments

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited March 2012
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,527
    edited March 2012
    Not taking sides or saying anyone is right or wrong but Heiny9's posting style has dramatically changed (whether intentional or not) since he became Polkie of the year or whatever...

Its pretty obvious in all of his posts, I would also argue his post count per day dramatically increased as well...

Not saying the above is bad or good just stating what to me was an obvious shift after the announcement.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    VR3 wrote: »
    Not taking sides or saying anyone is right or wrong but Heiny9's posting style has dramatically changed (whether intentional or not) since he became Polkie of the year or whatever...

Its pretty obvious in all of his posts, I would also argue his post count per day dramatically increased as well...
    Not saying the above is bad or good just stating what to me was an obvious shift after the announcement.

avg. 2,685 CP posts per year :eek: :lol:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2012
    tonyb wrote: »
    Aw...C'mon Shack....take him off ignore. Misery loves company so we are asking you to join us in our misery.

Nah...I'll leave things just they way they are.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,947
    edited March 2012
    So a thread about LSI 9's has now turned into a beat up on Brock thread....really guys ?

Trey, you have been around here long enough to know H9 by now. If anything, he's been more mellow than before.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    shack wrote: »
    Nah...I'll leave things just they way they are.

Thanks, I'm good with that.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,527
    edited March 2012
    tonyb wrote: »
    So a thread about LSI 9's has now turned into a beat up on Brock thread....really guys ?

Trey, you have been around here long enough to know H9 by now. If anything, he's been more mellow than before.

Maybe I am just seeing him in more threads I read, I dunno ;)

My favorite set of LSi9 are the maple side ones. Thats all I can add to this :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited March 2012

Really, has it?

Until you and gdb said something in this thread, I actually forgot about that. I will bow out since my opinions, which don't change very much, aren't received well. To the OP, do whatever you want, just trying to add my experiences.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,911
    edited March 2012
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Really, has it?
    Yes, to answer your question honestly. You used to be someone in which folks could talk too. Now? All hail the all knowing H9 on every topic, including those in which he has not heard.

Truth be told...
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,320
    edited March 2012

treitz3 wrote: »
    Yes, to answer your question honestly. You used to be someone in which folks could talk too. Now? All hail the all knowing H9 on every topic, including those in which he has not heard.

Truth be told...
    So, I'm not the only one who has noticed this then...
    Really, has it?

Until you and gdb said something in this thread, I actually forgot about that. I will bow out since my opinions, which don't change very much, aren't received well. To the OP, do whatever you want, just trying to add my experiences.

H9
    Your opinions would be easier to swallow if they were presented as such. However, as of late, you've been presenting them as if they were fact and being put forth by some divine creature. You've also been making an effort to throw in as much exaggeration as possible in your posts as well.
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    This thread is rapidly heading for the closure terminal, my apologies to the OP and to those who didn't veer off-topic !:redface:
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,325
    edited March 2012
    gdb wrote: »
    Here's a pic of em being fed properly !:lol:

Attachment not found.

I've mentioned before how much I lack in 2ch knowledge, what are those things dangling from the LSi9's, how about some specs on those things? Thanks
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • heiney9
    edited March 2012
    BeefJerky wrote: »

Your opinions would be easier to swallow if they were presented as such. However, as of late, you've been presenting them as if they were fact and being put forth by some divine creature. You've also been making an effort to throw in as much exaggeration as possible in your posts as well.

POT----KETTLE----BLACK............or did I exaggerate too much.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited March 2012
    those are MIT cables...shotgun maybe?
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2012
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    I've mentioned before how much I lack in 2ch knowledge, what are those things dangling from the LSi9's, how about some specs on those things? Thanks

Network boxes from the MIT cables I believe.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2012
    Let's lighten up fellas. Everyone has their opinion; take opinons for what their worth--glean what you can from them, and if you disagree, then just move along. Bottom line, try to contribute and listen with an open mind--I learn new things everyday in this place, and I have participated in this hobby for over 38yrs.

Brock's pretty steadfast in his opinions because he is seriously passionate about this hobby---so take his words in that spirit . You're a good man Brock, and I appreciate you allowing me to pick your brain from time to time on various topics new to me.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,320
    edited March 2012
    POT----KETTLE----BLACK............or did I exaggerate too much.

H9
    I'm not going to claim that I've never exaggerated or presented my opinion as fact. However, I try not to make it a regular or constant thing such as you've managed to do. I try to base what I say on facts and reality, but I'm sure I slip up from time to time. So, to lay it out on the line, I'm not perfect; I have (and will) make errors sometimes. I can admit to my faults, can you admit to yours?
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    Yup, you'd have to ask Doro (where is Doro ?) or F1 which MIT cables were employed for that set up but, since they were loaners, I'd venture to say that they were TOTL and very $$$$ !
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited March 2012
    gdb wrote: »
    I'd venture to say that they were TOTL and very $$$$ !

That's the second time I've seen TOTL, what is that?
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2012
    Top of da line.
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    What he said ^^^^^^ YMMV
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited March 2012
    TOTL, or if I'm chillin in my igloo, TODL :mrgreen: Yeah, I got it. I took a little trip over to MITcables.com. If I were to spell out OMG, it just wouldn't get it.

I knew dam* good and well as SOON as I got my A9's I'd start looking over my HT shoulder, and sho nuff, I'm tripping over 6K CDp's, 36K cables, 15K tube amps, my wife is PIS**D!

Which one of you will be willing to take the blame for me? C'mon, somebody?

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,598
    edited March 2012
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Network boxes from the MIT cables I believe.

I've asked this before without answer, so here goes again. Anyone ever cracked open them boxes to see what's inside? I mean, are these cables REALLY directional? I've never cracked open my MIT Terminator 6 cables. Thought about it though. lol
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2012
    halo71 wrote: »
    I've asked this before without answer, so here goes again. Anyone ever cracked open them boxes to see what's inside?

Watch their video, "What's in the box"

http://www.mitcables.com/
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited March 2012
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Watch their video, "What's in the box"

http://www.mitcables.com/

Lengthy, but an education to be had. One thing I learned, I'm not an audiophile because I don't care that my music is contaminated by my 10awg 99.999% OFC cable and gold plated connections. And my undiscerning ear doesn't detect that my timbre isn't imaging correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shoot anybody or anything down, I'm just admitting that I'm not in this particular league.

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2012
    Lots of strokes for all kinds of folks: some people love Cuban cigars, others spend on Napoleon brandy, Armani suits and Rolex watches. Some drop six figures on a sporty car, and others love their caviar.

Pricey cables, sure if you have the coin. But no one stops anyone from enjoying what they can afford to hear. And that's as it should be.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited March 2012
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shoot anybody or anything down, I'm just admitting that I'm not in this particular league.

You're wallet will thank you for that. :cheesygrin:

My next step is room treatments, a better sub, maybe a DAC, and a better source. I'm not sure which order yet. Until I get these in first, better cables don't make too much sense.
  • gdb
    edited March 2012
    Those boxes stand out like a sore thumb and look Godawful dangling behind bookshelfs on skinny stands ! :cheesygrin:
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2012
    Once you try something a little pricier and hear the difference, the justifications start getting easier lol. I never thought I'd spend $$ on MIT cables ...but I did. And at least relatively speaking ... Signal Ultra -> MIT Shotgun S3 & AVT2s in both my systems resulted in "wow" moments ...
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • heiney9
    edited March 2012
    Absolutely

A wine afficinado doesn't start out with the most expensive wine. Generally you start in the lower middle and with experience and discovering different likes and dislikes you move on up. The same for audio, it's about experience and figuring what you like and don't like. I could never go backwards at this point. I even use MIT cables in a basic office rig.

H9
This discussion has been closed.