The most dynamic, well recorded music you have heard to date....

1234568»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    Rich, I bought that Rob Wasserman's Duet album (CD) a very long time ago. When I first got it, I wasn't that enamored with it. As the rig has progressed, the song you mentioned is actually now one of my favorite tracks.

Ballad of the runaway Horse. My word, does that sound so sweet. I am also a big fan of, "Famous Blue Raincoat". That one is actually on my demo list.

I need to order that Bach. That's one I do not have in my collection.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    This has been one of my favorite for a very long time. The best recording I have heard of this song to date (physical music) but the dynamics are undeniable.

Play it once before and test the volume, then play it again at your preferred volume that your system can handle.

Trey's system actually got a standing ovation (while he wasn't even there) about a decade ago, while we were working on his house. I remember that Russ and I BOTH had goose bumps for 3 minutes after the song ended. Clearly visible goosebumps, it sounded that good.

That system, at the time, was (and still is) outstanding but with that said....we have progressed considerably. To date, when they hit the Tymphony? His Super Towers hit that to such a realistic degree, that even today? I am still in awe.

The rest of it sounds better now on differing systems but still.

This is a great reference recording with dynamics that are awesome. Just the sure not to blow your speakers/tweeters. It will pull some juice to hit what it does.

At the end of the day? It should sound as clear and precise (volume turned up) as your favorite reference song. Zero distortion and absolute pleasure.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,123
    Tom, are you talking about the Bach organ music, or the Rob Wasserman? I'm guessing it's the Bach since you mentioned timpani(?) drums. Of course, there is a renowned audio company named Tymphany, based in Hong Kong, so I wanted to double-check your meaning.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    kapvruhu4qiv.jpg

My apologies. I completely forgot to add what it was I was listening too. It was the above selection. Again, my bad sir.

The physical music from Telarc trumps what I hear on streaming.

Tom
  • jdjohn
    Haha...no problem, mi amigo! Glad we are sorted now, and I will be giving that music a listen!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    Damn, I am slacking tonight.....The song is, "Olympic Fanfare".

Tom
  • jdjohn
    A very relevant selection right now :)
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    After they swim in the Seine you will probably be exercising your rig to the sounds of the Olympic Requiem Mass.
  • treitz3
    Come again?

Tom
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,355
    I haven't found anything with more Dynamics than some of the Telarc recordings. They do seem to be lacking in Dynamics on the streaming services compared with their physical counterparts.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    edited July 7
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Come again?

Tom

No, at my age I can't manage it twice.
    Post edited by OleBoot on
  • treitz3
    On Trey's system BITD? That was experienced on physical music. He could tell you the system (or upstream gear) at the time.

I believe it was on Odyssey gear. Maybe a Symphonic CDP and Tri-Vista gear???

Lawd, that was a long time ago...

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    Telarc in general is a fantastic label for pretty much everything in their catalog when it comes to dynamics.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Eh, sometimes. Not always.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    OleBoot wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Come again?

Tom

No, at my age I can't manage it twice.

You'll need a good nap old-timer
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,521
    Symphonic line klarheit 2 cdp
    Odyssey candela
    Odyssey kismet Monoblocks
    MIT shotgun wiring
    Highly modified Tyler acoustics super towers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    edited July 9
    dx29z1atrt58.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 762
    This one is worth checking out.
    adnjkz2ee91d.jpg
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,140
    Blu-Ray audio version of “stop making sense” by the talking heads has fantastic dynamics.
    Plus, you get to watch the concert.
  • treitz3
    I have an audiophile version of that one and you are correct. Very demanding and dynamic. Great recording to boot. Nice recommendation for this thread!

Tom
  • treitz3
    https://www.jimmyauw.com/2007/12/31/burmester-vorfuhrungs-cd-iii/

This is where I have that recording. I have not heard the CD or streaming versions yet but the Burmester CD is exceptional. It's long OOP though and usually expensive when and if they even show up on the used market.

Tom