Options
15678911»

Comments

• cokewithvanilla
    cokewithvanilla Posts: 1,777
    edited October 2010
    Options
    jimmydep wrote: »
    Fact...I would much rather spend quality time with my family rather than post in this thread.

That's the fact Jack......according to me.

Uh.. I am sorry, but.. like.. I hate to sound like an ****... but .. I think the concept of a "fact according to [insert individual]" is an oxymoron.... I think that is what we call an opinion.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    +1

juju, W2, xcrapi and cherrycoke have ruined it for all intensive purposes already.

All "intents and purposes". NOt intensive purposes.

/grammar snob
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited October 2010
    Options
    +1

juju, W2, xcrapi and cherrycoke have ruined it for all intensive purposes already.

I can't help but notice that anyone who does not agree with you has 'ruined it'. I think that if you line up all my statements, the worst of them is something like, "I've never noticed it".

So, not noticing something that you notice ruins a thread? Amazing. I wonder how closed minded you have to be to pull that one off.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2010
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    So if someone believes that the future can be told by tarot card reading, then it's a fact? Everything has two truth's, one for those who believe, and one for those that don't? That's not logic, sorry.

Incorrect. There is one truth to the cable debate. Either there is an audible difference or there isn't. It's a matter of people hearing or not hearing the difference and then realising what is being heard or not being heard is the truth (reality). Either people are deluding themselves that they are hearing something, or they are deluding themselves that they hear nothing. One groups is delusional and one is not. Of course, this is assuming that the same variables are involved with all parites doing the listening. I believe your logic is twisted. I don't mean that as a personal attack, that's my observation.

In regards to tarot card reading, I have never experienced it being true so to me it is not a truth. That's another subject though so I will leave it at that.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I thought that kind of thinking only worked in religion and politics.

Reality has a defined set of constants for a person to make their judgements from, "religion" and politics should have those things, but unfortunately they have been and continue to be altered.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Get anymore steep fines for speeding or neighbors complaining about the noise lately, cherry? How 'bout closed minded misconceptions for Apple users? Anything? ;)

Thanks for reminding me! I need to send that stuff in for the ticket, I nearly forgot (and at least you admit it is a crazy price). Nope, but if it means anything, they evicted that dude because he was crazy and always complaining. Apple users? I can't remember that one..... I happen to be an 'apple user' by default, but still. You're gonna have to refresh me on that one.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited October 2010
    Options
    When I first came to Club Polk, Thank God I was finally at the point in my audio journey where I didn't give a damn about diminishing returns. I was ready to spend some time and money learning about that last tiny fraction of a percent of performance.

And, Thank God I didn't listen to those who immediately jumped in to every thread to shut that process down. They are the same half-dozen or so in this very thread now.

Fortunately, I "heard" those who suggested "listening" and entered into a massive progression of buying, trying, moving to the next rung on the ladder, and selling off the rung below.

That's what makes this a hobby, and makes the hobby interesting and fun. I can't imagine what it must be like to come home to the systems that simply can't be improved because wire is wire, all amps sound the same and the original 1982 Phillips Samsonite-sized CD player is just fine. :eek:
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,964
    edited October 2010
    Options
    WOW this thread is still not shut down??

trolls-1.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • inspiredsports
    edited October 2010
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Neither can I nor everyone else who posted I suspect.:eek:

Not sure what you mean there, but I've always found your posts to be some of the most argumentative, pessimistic and least helpful compared to the rest of the group. OP made a valid point that didn't warrant being drawn out to this point.
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Pie anyone... LOL

NoFatChicks.jpg
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Toolfan, I think you are feeding it.... purposely....with all these stupid pictures. however, I do not see why you call an argument "trolling"

Both sides of this argument have insulted others, and it started with the side that thinks cables do experience burn in. Yet, the ones who are 'trolls' are the ones who do not believe it.

So, I am curious, what makes a troll? is it simply bringing up an argument that challenges the majority? (no malice intended, it's sad that I have to add that but everyone takes everything the wrong way... it's just a question)
  • inspiredsports
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Toolfan, I think you are feeding it.... purposely....with all these stupid pictures. however, I do not see why you call an argument "trolling"

Both sides of this argument have insulted others, and it started with the side that thinks cables do experience burn in. Yet, the ones who are 'trolls' are the ones who do not believe it.

So, I am curious, what makes a troll? is it simply bringing up an argument that challenges the majority? (no malice intended, it's sad that I have to add that but everyone takes everything the wrong way... it's just a question)

Hundreds have entered with fresh enthusiasm and a positive attitude, while a tiny minority consistently post the exact same criticisms to each new thread. It's their agenda to never let a positive thought ride.

You and I have a a common bond through the several PC transactions and having worked with you I don't put you in that category, but some simply can't open their minds to anything beyond Ohms law which is like measuring space shuttle tolerances with a yardstick.
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh chill out...:rolleyes:

One can't have fun with this stupid thread?? don't go getting all serious.. if this really bothers you then you really need to take a good long look at your life.. Nothing in this thread bothers me that much I love my cables and I know what they did for my system that is all that matters to me..

You and your internet friends do what you want I really don't care..

You call it feeding I call it unwinding...

• cokewithvanilla
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hundreds have entered with fresh enthusiasm and a positive attitude, while a tiny minority consistently post the exact same criticism to each new thread. It's their agenda to never let a positive thought ride.

Ah, I see. I don't have a good memory for who says what, and I don't really follow developments that often. I usually just judge on a thread by thread basis. And in this thread, I have seen senior members input just as much (or even more) useless posts as anyone else. Count up the insults, stupid useless pictures, and general off topic banter and you'll see what I mean

Iguess the general argument doesn't bother me because I would really like to know if there is any truth to it. I've searched this topic often only to find the same type of threads, and articles that say things one way and others that say things the other.
  • inspiredsports
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ah, I see. I don't have a good memory for who says what, and I don't really follow developments that often. I usually just judge on a thread by thread basis. And in this thread, I have seen senior members input just as much (or even more) useless posts as anyone else. Count up the insults, stupid useless pictures, and general off topic banter and you'll see what I mean

You are probably right about that, but it does get old, and from my perspective it's that minority that usually draws first blood and brings out the worst in us.

My belief is that you need to experience large sample groups over long time periods to figure it out. Most of the nay-sayers apply Ohms law in 3 seconds and that is the extent of their range of experience.
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey Ken welcome to romper room.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,576
    edited October 2010
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    In regards to tarot card reading, I have never experienced it being true so to me it is not a truth. That's another subject though so I will leave it at that.

Greg

Just an observation. But isn't this kinda the very thing you are trying to convince the burn in naysayers of? They say since they have not experienced it, it must not be true. You are saying you have not experienced tarot card reading so it must not be true. Just saying...... :)
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • cokewithvanilla
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh chill out...:rolleyes:

One can't have fun with this stupid thread?? don't go getting all serious.. if this really bothers you then you really need to take a good long look at your life.. Nothing in this thread bothers me that much I love my cables and I know what they did for my system that is all that matters to me..

You and your internet friends do what you want I really don't care..

You call it feeding I call it unwinding...

Well, the way I see it, is if you want the thread to go away, you should stop contributing. The more bumps you give it, the more people read, the more people think of last minute thoughts, ect.

It doesn't bother me, the debate doesn't either. I am not all serious, but your posts just don't make sense. You say you don't like the thread and want it to go away, yet you revive it by posting.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hello,
    I believe this thread has run it's tortured course and if no one objects I'll close it, before it gets to the dueling stage.
    Thanks for keeping it relatively civil, all things considered.
    Regards, Ken
This discussion has been closed.