It's official - Polkfest 08...

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    I'll be there. I believe there should be 1 or 2 others from the Island also.
    What he said ^^^ ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    Polkfests are a hoot... tons of fun...and you get to match faces with names...

but do remember you are a guest in someone's home.. so be respectful of that.

other than that.. i look forward to meeting a lot of new faces and seeing some old friends again.

DB
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    Nothing is taking place at Mark's house.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2008
    About damn time!

Again, I open up the offer to assist any polkies who fly into BWI. I can pick you up at the airport and help you get to your hotel. I know how big a pain in the **** it is flying into that airport and trying to catch a ride. Don't think I'm driving your **** to the stripclub though. I would never subject those girls to you freaks!!! ;) They're all mine anyway.

I'm probably going to schedule off Thursday and Friday from work, so I'll be available.

Anyone who hangs out beyond Sunday, there's always the Inner Harbor (on Sunday) for great food and attractions. I'm down with that.

Doro for Club Polk President! We need CHANGE! CHANGE...CHANGE...CHANGE....what we're changing, i have no idea.
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2008
    I wondering what piece of gear will blow up at this event.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    That rots big time Troy!

You really gotta find a new job, or tell them that you do not WORK during the week of PF!!!;):D
    TroyD wrote: »
    Who is this dorokusai person that you speak of?

****, I can't believe I'm going to miss 2 PF's in a row.

BDT
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Well, the upshot is in 2009, I'm either going to do PF or some sort of event (if the concensus is another location for PF) at my place. I'd like to host one more event.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Sorry you wont be making it Troy. Hopefully you will be able to make it to the NC mini meet.
  • danger boy
    edited February 2008
    i just put in my request for the time off... shouldn't be a problem though. ;)
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2008
    I'll be there!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited February 2008
    Had too much fun seein' all the cool stuff at the last PolkFest in 2005, I'm not missing this one either! Dragging at least one friend with me, maybe two.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2008
    kab wrote: »
    I've heard Doro loves company.

By the way, Anthony, fireworks are frowned upon in Maryland although, with enough alcohol, we'd be happy to watch you do Swan Lake with sparklers.

Should I wear the tutu???

I'm in...
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Had too much fun seein' all the cool stuff at the last PolkFest in 2005, I'm not missing this one either! Dragging at least one friend with me, maybe two.

I hope they are alive by the time you reach Baltimore.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    edited February 2008
    amulford wrote: »
    Should I wear the tutu???

I'm in...

Hey Anthony... lets meet for a drink again on Thurs night before the big event if you're going to be there then.

al
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited February 2008
    I'm in!! Joe, I call the sofa in the audio room. Leave the tubes on to keep me warm.:cool:
  • fumoffu
    fumoffu Posts: 80
    edited February 2008
    What happens at this a event? Just the legal stuff which you can talk about :)
    Home Theatre: Epson 5020ub, Elite Screen Sable Frame 100", Onkyo 818, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Series 3, Xbox 360, Sealed Dual Sound Splinter RL-p 15" DIY sub powered by Behringer EP2500 with FBD, QSC RMX1400 powering LSi15, LSiC, LSiFX sides, and Lsi7 for the back, Technics SL-1200M3D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    We discuss audio and then the hazing and initiation of all the newbies takes place. I suggest wearing some sort of adult diaper fumoffu.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    We discuss audio and then the hazing and initiation of all the newbies takes place. I suggest wearing some sort of adult diaper fumoffu.

Yeah,, and be sure to bring plenty of turpintine,,it'll help with removal.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    Libertyc wrote: »
    I'm in!! Joe, I call the sofa in the audio room. Leave the tubes on to keep me warm.:cool:

pfffftt............there is where Lou and I sit, then everyone else, I have however given a few lap rides, I would suggest strongly beefing should you desire mounting any serious challenge. I guess we will heave way for Heddy though.

RT1
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    I'm still waiting for that list of Polk approved Bailbondsmen in the area there.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    SL

Off the top of my head from driving around.

Hall Brothers Bail Bonds. ( I can wear their T-shirt on Friday or Saturday, which ever day you think you will need it most. Their # is on the shirt)

Big Boyz Bail Bond.

Phat Girlz Bail Bonds.

Bad Boyz Bail Bonds
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I hope they are alive by the time you reach Baltimore.

Well, I figure if I drive the Lightning, I can get moving fast enough that they will be off the ground for most of the trip down I95. The Beltway will be a problem though 'cause we'll have to slow down and then they'll hit the deck and some unscrupulous truck driver might "not see" them and squash their heads like zits. If that happens then I'll have to go all "Weekend at Bernie's" for the fest. At least if there's food, I'll have an excuse to fill up two or three plates!

• Jstas
    edited February 2008
    SL

Off the top of my head from driving around.

Hall Brothers Bail Bonds. ( I can wear their T-shirt on Friday or Saturday, which ever day you think you will need it most. Their # is on the shirt)

Big Boyz Bail Bond.

Phat Girlz Bail Bonds.

Bad Boyz Bail Bonds

What? No "DOG" Chapman and "Da Kine Bail Bonds"?

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited February 2008
    pfffftt............there is where Lou and I sit, then everyone else, I have however given a few lap rides, I would suggest strongly beefing should you desire mounting any serious challenge. I guess we will heave way for Heddy though.

RT1

Thanks for the heads up Ted. You know I was kind of thinking of keeping away from the sweet spot…aka essence of ****. Good thing that sofa is brown to hide the stains. I call the floor.
  • Systems
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Scott....noted.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    Here you go Chuck.

I got it from a Radio Station give away at the Towson Town Spring Festival.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Systems
    edited February 2008
    sweet!.....programmed in my phone. Not that I'll need it or anything...but you never know?????

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2008
    Chuck sounds like my kinda Polkie.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2008
    You don't even know the full extent of it yet Mark, but you are right. Glad to hear PF is on!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
This discussion has been closed.