Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited April 2007
    Single action, Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44magnum, 5 1/2" barrel:
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »

Very pretty. I owned one of those years ago ceptin it was blued steel and had a 6" barrel. Even with the 6" barrel I would get black and blue marks on my hands if I went to the range and fired full magnum loads more than 10 shots. I used to reload the .44 magnum shells with .357 magnum loads for target practice. That was a little easier on the hands and ears LOL. Have you tried just plain .44 cal loads yet?

Other .44 mags I had were; U.S. Sporting Arms single action stainless steel 7" barrel, it looked just like an old west cowboy gun. I also had two Smith & Wesson Model 29s blued steel, one was a 4" barrel, talk about recoil, when I would take it to the range the back slap off the top kickback protector above would hit me between the eyes. I had to take it to the open range to be able to shoot without that slap. I also had a 6" blued steel version. I had Model 27 .357 mags also. I used to love those beautiful pieces. I had at one time in my collection 26 pistols and revolvers.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2007
    I haven't tried any plain .44 loads or .44 special. I ran a box of 50 winchester 240gr thru my Bisley, it wasn't too bad at all. I'm sure this one will punch a little harder, with the shorter barrel.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    I haven't tried any plain .44 loads or .44 special. I ran a box of 50 winchester 240gr thru my Bisley, it wasn't too bad at all. I'm sure this one will punch a little harder, with the shorter barrel.

No doubt!
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2007

If Miss America 1944 had one of those she could have blowed a hole in the perps cylinder block.
    I recon she did all right though with her little 38.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    If Miss America 1944 had one of those she could have blowed a hole in the perps cylinder block.
    I recon she did all right though with her little 38.

Funny you should mention a cylinder block. Back in the day I had a Winchester 760 BDL Deluxe 30-06 w/Walnut Monte Carlo Stock. We had gone to a freind's father's junk yard to do some target shooting with various guns. I don't remember the exact load but it was a semi-jacketed soft point 30-06 most likely a light maybe 240 gm round. I was about 100 yards away from a 1969 Chevy Impala that was sitting in the junk yard. I fired into the rear of it.

The bullet went through the trunk, though the passenger's compartment and with dowels rods we followed its path into the engine. The bullet made it 3/4 way into the engine block. I had no qualms or trepidations about using that rifle for hunting deer as I knew it would be an instant kill and the food would not have to suffer.

I lost my heart for guns and hunting about 20 years ago and as a matter of fact I feel regret when I think of all the animals I killed over the years. I never killed an animal for sport or trophy, I skinned, prepped, cooked and ate them all. . .I even used to make squirrel and possum stew.

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. . . POST A PICTURE!!!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    LegendaryThread.jpg

Very cool pic! How did you keep your hands so steady to take such a clear picture?
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2007
    Bored at work. (I work near an airport)
    jetjf8.jpg
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2007
    Funny you should mention a cylinder block. Back in the day I had a Winchester 760 BDL Deluxe 30-06 w/Walnut Monte Carlo Stock.

My 760 BDL was made by Remington, got rid of it because it kicked like a mule.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    My 760 BDL was made by Remington, got rid of it because it kicked like a mule.

Sorry, my mistake it was Remington. .. it's been a long time since I sold off my collection. I had a Winchester lever action 3030 it was a common model but the name slips my mind right now. . . my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be come to think of it I don't ever remember it being sharp at all LOL!!!

760 BDL did kick like mule I rememer the black and blue marks on the shoulder after some target practice. Heck it didn't matter how tight you held it to your shoulder it hurt. I remember having to get a Leopold (Sp) scope rather than a Bushnell scope cause you had to get close up on the Bushnell scope and when you squeezed one off you looked like Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes cause you had a round black and blue mark around your eye like a monicle!!! LOL
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2007
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that evens the playing field!!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited April 2007
    Saddle up boys, we're going in .

ground attack.jpg

The Shock Troops of the Nutcracker Brigade.
    Sal Palooza
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    Very cool pic! How did you keep your hands so steady to take such a clear picture?

I didn't take that picture. :p
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2007

Nice.

I have a bud that has one of those in .45 Colt, It's a joy to shoot, enough so that I keep thinking about one.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    Nice.

I have a bud that has one of those in .45 Colt, It's a joy to shoot, enough so that I keep thinking about one.

My favorite was a tweaked out Colt Gold Cup Mk IV .45 cal semi-automatic. I won many many shooting competitions with that baby.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2007
    Picked up last night, Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44mag:
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    Picked up last night, Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44mag:

Purrty!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited April 2007
    Today is Friday, so have at it.

Casual Friday 1.JPG

Ladies, prepare to defend yourselves.
    Sal Palooza
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited April 2007
    My dog after a bath:
    wetturbo.jpg
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • hearingimpared
    edited April 2007
    My dog after a bath:
    wetturbo.jpg

The poor thing looks traumatized and freaked out!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    The poor thing looks traumatized and freaked out!

Either that or a spawn of hell~~~ :eek:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    How do you know it was a good bachelor party? Guess who's the bride, groom and best man...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    But can you teach an old cat new tricks???

6guggfo.jpg

Yes you CAN! :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• mrbigbluelight
    edited May 2007
    I thought this was a hassock at first, but .....

cat hassock.jpg

Very artistic ....the creator has a future ahead of him/herself.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited May 2007
    I got to take my son to the Tulsa auto show back in March. He's a 9 year old car nut and he had a great time. I'm a 37 year old car nut, and I did too. ;)

IMG_0905s.jpg
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    A little Friday goodness. Cal's newest polevaulting recruit:

154GM8W1004.jpg
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    Because summer's almost here. Well actually here in Texas it will be in the upper 80's today. Cilantro shrimp wrapped in bacon and couple ribeyes.

grill.jpg
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited May 2007
    What car is that?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.