Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    LOL... All I need is a six-pack and a piece of string...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2006
    The prospect of my EVER making a Polkfest seems to diminish daily.

I (today) brought my second large project in the last twelve months in--seven figures under budget. As I'd anticipated and been preparing for, there was an immediate offer of advancement tied to a massive project that's been "simmering" for a few years. The intellectual challenge is far too compelling to walk away from, so I accepted. The money isn't bad either. ;)

That's the good news.

The bad news is the meeting at Troy's may be impossible for me (again.)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2006
    Awwww, man! What's seven figgers between friends??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2006
    Shoot, I'm ready to hear the 400's on tubes shack daddy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
    Word
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    I (today) brought my second large project in the last twelve months in--seven figures under budget. As I'd anticipated and been preparing for, there was an immediate offer of advancement tied to a massive project that's been "simmering" for a few years. The intellectual challenge is far too compelling to walk away from, so I accepted. The money isn't bad either. ;)
    Faak.... with a track record like that they should fly you into Charleston on the company's Lear...

'splain it to them, but get your **** down there.

EDIT: Got my new Lizzie West spinnin', Russ... The CA's are digging her and so am I. Mighty fine stuff...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • DAGLJAM6
    DAGLJAM6 Posts: 635
    edited April 2006
    The prospect of my EVER making a Polkfest seems to diminish daily.
    That's the good news.
    The bad news is the meeting at Troy's may be impossible for me (again.)

Congrats, but bummer 'bout the festival was lookin' forward to meeting you face to face.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Shoot, I'm ready to hear the 400's on tubes shack daddy.
    They will be there. Me too.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2006
    Geez Mike, it's only 3 or 4 days. You are going because we're taking your car.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Geez Mike, it's only 3 or 4 days. You are going because we're taking your car.

Yeah, I know Jesse. The Gantt charts (first run) are trying to eat the dates. I'll get a much better feel for the October block by mid-August.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2006
    I hope you can make it, Mike.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2006
    well, i can't leave Mac alone with you home people, so barring anything important on monday, i'll be there...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    edited April 2006
    Troy,
    Whats your email?

I need to ask you a few things/talk about a few things...

For all intents and purposes, Im in - but I still have to clarify a few things and such...

And put me down for bringing the Behringers...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited April 2006
    No Sid, you can't run around naked screaming "I'm the king of the world!"

That is Doro's job.

Jesse needs someone to be his personal hairstylist during Polkfest if you're interested. :D

John
    No excuses!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2006
    Sid, if Jesse brings a set of speakers make sure you kick one of them, he respects that...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2006
    Ok, to nip this one in the bud.......I don't do hair........

Second, it occurred to me now that I have fallen asleep at both gatherings. Y'all better keep things goin so I don't have to pass out to escape to a happy place. :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited April 2006
    madmax wrote:
    Sid, if Jesse brings a set of speakers make sure you kick one of them, he respects that...
    madmax
    Haha! Yeah, I wanna hear about another situation like that! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
    Jeezuz Brett, it's not like you flew into the right airport or anything. Hell, I would have needed a nap.

BDT
  • F1nut
    edited April 2006
    Ya'll wish ya had hair as thick and naturally wavy as I do. :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2006
    Jesse, I am taking a lock of it this time, no doubt about it, you can give it up or I'll just take it, your choice.

Brett only missed by what a few hundred miles? I mean he did come from the desert all that dust clogging his mind up.

RT1
  • F1nut
    edited April 2006
    Ted....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk

• brettw22
    edited April 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Ya'll wish ya had hair as thick and naturally wavy as I do. :D
    It's called Pubes.......recognize.......
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    I'm going to hurt myself, but I'm leaving that one alone....
    The Gantt charts (first run) are trying to eat the dates. I'll get a much better feel for the October block by mid-August.
    If my memories of MS Project are anywhere close... Christ, if your Gantt charting now you just enter a new sub task titled "Mike goes to Charleston for a mental health break", enter a 3 day duration starting Oct "whatever" and make it independent.

How tough is that?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• VR3
    edited April 2006
    Ok, I honestly just dont have the time to sit down and write an email and all that...

Im there, but - like last year you said I need parental guidance because yall would be drinking...

Ok, well - I want to come alone, so...what do I do? thanks.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • brettw22
    edited April 2006
    Not everyone drinks Sid.....

If you can handle being around people while they are, then I say show up and you'll be ok.
  • VR3
    edited April 2006
    Im not worried...

Im just asking Troy what I need to do to make it ok - me being there. Im just saying do I need parental consent, does he need to talk to my Mom - etc etc...

I dont care if people drink, dosnt bother me at all.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    Not everyone drinks Sid.....

If you can handle being around people while they are, then I say show up and you'll be ok.

He who bears the liability of a minor in his house without a guardian, might have a vote on that one.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2006
    I also am sort of in the same boat as Sid, I would like to come and it seems these dates are feasible for me but, by that time I will be 18 which is still too young to drink (of course) and I have no clue what the laws dictate.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
    I dunno...look, liability IS an issue for me.

I've got to think about this one but unaccompanied minors is not something that I'm that keen on.

BDT