Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    amulford wrote:
    Welcome to the party, pal...;)
    Anthony Willis?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    jcaut wrote:
    I very much would like to attend, this year. Anybody planning on road-tripping through Arkansas?? :) Or should I start saving my pennies for a plane ticket?
    Jason, PM coming your way...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited March 2006
    amulford wrote:

I just had some apple the other day (Sunday) for lunch. Mmmmm!

Damn it, now I'm hungry!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    Don't forget the Crabcakes...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2006
    Six months and few days till another gathering of the Ents, I mean Polkies.

Wonder if the Ent wives are still missing??

RT1
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2006
    Counting down the days...preparations actively underway...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited March 2006
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2006
    These dates just opened up on the calendar! I'll either fly or if any other midwest Polkies want to drive I can help with the driving and gas.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2006
    Man, if I don't get hammered, see my brohams, and dig some tunes soon - I'm going to kick a dog.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited April 2006
    I hear ya, got a bottle with your name on it, good bro's, good food, good tunes with good times.

RT1
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2006
    Now see, I may have to rethink this. I think you guys are gonna corrupt my morals.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2006
    you have morals!??!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
    I'll bet he even has a compass.

Also, as a content update:

Leonard Gibbs, the gentleman that I posted about earlier is a definate 'IN' for Polkfest. He has offered to give a mini-seminar on recording/acoustics...whatever for us. SUPER interesting guy.

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Wanna give Mr. G. a peek at his likely audience?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• reeltrouble1
    edited April 2006
    Ahhh, the SDA couch and glasses, yes, brett sitting so properly, arms and legs crossed, damm, I never noticed that Mark is kind of shooting the beaver in that shot while whispering the line Stuck in the Middle with you, Russ working the any warm port in a storm theory, and oh my what a handsome devil on the far right.

The only question, was Al thinking, What in the World are these **** doing and where is Polk Paul he has been missing for an hour!!!

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2006
    I notice that all in the picture who is where SDA glasses are looking around, the others have their "Eyes" closed wondering WTF is going ON.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    edited April 2006
    No, Al is sitting there thinking: Matt owes me HUGE for this one. HUGE!

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited April 2006
    Actually, Al's comment shortly after that shot was, "Why did we ever stop making these (SDA SRS 2.3TL)!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2006
    YES, I do remember that comment myself. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    ...brett sitting so properly, arms and legs crossed...
    It called "nirvana". Not an easy thing to achieve in that crowd, formerly dubbed the "SDA Bro's"...

If you remember, brett's only prior, big SDA experience was with a pair of clearly eff'd up SRS's in the Phoenix area and so he had no appreciation for what all the SDA hubbub was about.

Either that or he was pouting 'cause Mark's a kiss and tell kinda guy...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    edited April 2006
    You guys think they sounded good then? Wait till you hear them on an all-analog back end.

BDT
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2006
    No i think Al is praying... please God i promise to never come back to one of these if i just make it home safe tomorrow. ha ha.

and Brett is thinking.. how the F*ck did I get myself into this crazy mess? Who are all you freaks???? :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2006
    Troy, which model SDA's do you have?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    You guys think they sounded good then? Wait till you hear them on an all-analog back end.

BDT
    Pfffft....average technology....at least according to someone.... Didn't they recommend to get your real hi-fi on?
    Now all that is left, post PF '06, is to get you some real speakers in there.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited April 2006
    2.3tl's.

Since then, well, they are now in the smaller mancave. Have upgraded the tweeters, spiked them properly to the floor and the back end gear is MUCH improved.

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    shack, you misspelled "weiner" in your sig...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    2.3tl's.... spiked them properly to the floor...
    Don't you realize how hard that's going to make them to adjust? :p
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    edited April 2006
    no adjustments necessary, thank you!

BDT
  • Tour2ma
    edited April 2006
    Roger, that...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyD
    edited April 2006
    you are more than welcome to double check my measurments with the tape measure to make sure my math is correct though....If my math is off, feel free to tweak away

BDT