Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    It's not like the seller would know it was $4000 bid before he cancelled it...

As for the bidder, he just put in a bid that was not going to be beaten. Minty 1.2tl's with boxes don't grow on trees...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2005
    TL, Schmee-L.

Who cares. Anyone here, with half a sense of what's gong on, is replacing tweets anyway. Update the xovers with modern offerings (cap/resis), and you're above and beyond anything the TL had to offer in the first place.

TL means nothing, in this (SDA) day and age.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited December 2005
    TL means nothing, in this (SDA) day and age.
    While the new tweeters have leveled that field to a large degree and upgrading the crossovers results in a much improved speaker vs. stock, the TL still means something. The TL series have better built cabinets, the bass brace option, the AI-1 option and a more refined crossover.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• thehaens@cox.net
    [email protected] Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud wrote:

Yet another of the auctions I was "watching", I am 0-2 w/ this seller now. I am watching that M-90 as well. I don't think he can take any more off now as they have bids, and less than 12 hours...
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    HTrookie wrote:
    Sure they do....I just say that because the seller claims they are 1.2 and I do not see the screw in the back....

I am showing interest in these as the TL's were taken off, I have emailed the seller twice now asking him to verify that the speakers are 1.2's and not the original SRS SDA's.

Does the fact that they don't have the bass brace screw on the back definitively make them "not" 1.2's..

Anyone?

The seller has taken the liberty to not answer my request to pull out a stereo driver/dimensional driver to check...

Scott
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2005
    I am showing interest in these as the TL's were taken off, I have emailed the seller twice now asking him to verify that the speakers are 1.2's and not the original SRS SDA's.

Does the fact that they don't have the bass brace screw on the back definitively make them "not" 1.2's..

Anyone?

The seller has taken the liberty to not answer my request to pull out a stereo driver/dimensional driver to check...

Scott

I think the lack of the screw is enough to say it's not 1.2; on top of that, I am pretty sure I see a blade-blade connector (saved the picture and then zoomed in). As I understand it, when the 1.2's were produced they had already changed to the pin-blade.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005

Sending my regards Sid
    Deleted..
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    Not snowing today....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    I am looking every single day, first thing in the morning, I am waiting for someone that don't know what they have to sell for a BIN at 1K.......... :rolleyes:
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    Errr...nothing here either....

SOPA
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    Whatever, they are upwards of over 1600.00 now, to much for me for the SRS's. Sooner or later I'll have all the SRS models. Just not today..

Edit : Def. Not today....1825.00 end price....wonder what the TL's will go for?

scott
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    edited December 2005
    Thanks
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    Your Welcome........... ;)
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    ATTABOY, Sid... way to edit???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    ... for some reason being sold one at at time... :confused:

1st one...

2nd one...

... or vice versa.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    ain't that weird? and both pictures are from the right channel.....

SOPA
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2005
    already e-mailed seller,, these are about 25 minutes from me.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    P/U or delivery within 100 miles for $1.50/mi.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-SDA-SRS-Speakers_W0QQitemZ5841722068QQcategoryZ71571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No affil... Not the prettiest, but two pair ought to keep the winning price pretty reasonable.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    No Affil....

I have seen this same description on ebay before. Maybe someone near San Jose can send them a message and check them out in person. I would think they wouldn't go to high as the seller has (0) feedback..

SDA SRS San Jose
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Yeah, but shipping is only $40... :D

Note that the speakers are in San Jose, but the newly registered seller is in Canada.

Definitely would recommend a little recon action for these...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2005
    jtgranby wrote:

I sold a Subwoofer to Everett, nice guy. I recommend a pick up, he has some neat stuff. I saw these, he had them in the back of the room with a sheet over them, he like 3 other pairs of speaker back there so I didn't get to look at them. Judging by the rest of the stuff he had, I would think they are in top condition.

Good luck George.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2005
    He e-mailed me some pic's, they look great, seem a little high ,wife is not happy about the possibility :( but they do look like they are in excellent condition. We shall see what happens :rolleyes: Could not come at a worst time either, wife was informed that her position was being eliminated in mid Jan, welcome to the world of corp. medicine. BTW rebuilt the x-overs on the 1c's that you hooked me up with,outstanding sound, seems to get better each day,now have two pair,thanks again Russ, my regards to Mike :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2005
    SDA SRS 2.3 tl's in Quebec. Price is a bit high, at $1500 cdn ($1300 us - almost double what they're worth...).

~ Not Affiliated ~
  • F1nut
    edited December 2005
    michael_w wrote:
    SDA SRS 2.3 tl's in Quebec. Price is a bit high, at $1500 cdn ($1300 us - almost double what they're worth...).

Don't confuse the 2.3's prices with the 2.3TL's, which are worth every penny of $1300.00, if not more.

BTW, his description is wrong. It should read, 15" PR not 12".

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2005
    I had no idea the TL versions of the 2.3's added that much to the value of them. Thanks for correcting me.
  • Tour2ma
    edited December 2005
    Worth $1300, sure IMO, but they don't go for that on ebay...

Only three 2.3 tl's in my files. They went for $800, 900, and 1000. The $800 ones were a bit nasty, but the others were nice looking.

Plain 2.3's ran from low $600's to 800, with a couple outliers in the 900's. I've eight data points there.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• F1nut
    edited December 2005
    A pair on Audiogon just went for $1500.00.

President of Club Polk