Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Comments

• michael_wmichael_w Posts: 2,914
    edited December 2005
    I had no idea the TL versions of the 2.3's added that much to the value of them. Thanks for correcting me.
  • Tour2maTour2ma Old School Posts: 10,176
    edited December 2005
    Worth $1300, sure IMO, but they don't go for that on ebay...

Only three 2.3 tl's in my files. They went for $800, 900, and 1000. The $800 ones were a bit nasty, but the others were nice looking.

Plain 2.3's ran from low $600's to 800, with a couple outliers in the 900's. I've eight data points there.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    "Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,130
    edited December 2005
    A pair on Audiogon just went for $1500.00.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited December 2005
    That's gonna pump up that $820 average...

Was that an auction?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
    edited December 2005
    Sale

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

edited December 2005
    Not yours I trust... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

edited December 2005
    Fu*k No!

President of Club Polk

edited December 2005
    Cool... fresh outta pine boxes today...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• TroyDTroyD Posts: 12,136
    edited December 2005
    2.3tl's for 1500?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BD(but everything has a price)T
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmaxmadmax Posts: 12,438
    edited December 2005
    F1nut wrote:
    While the new tweeters have leveled that field to a large degree and upgrading the crossovers results in a much improved speaker vs. stock, the TL still means something. The TL series have better built cabinets, the bass brace option, the AI-1 option and a more refined crossover.

Not true. The 1.2's and TL models are the same except for the tweets and crossover values. It is only the SDA-SRS which has a slightly different enclosure design and a more complicated crossover. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
    edited December 2005
    Eh, who asked you!?! ;)

President of Club Polk

edited December 2005
    More AR9 fundage?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

edited December 2005
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• jtgranbyjtgranby Posts: 888
    edited December 2005
    Tour2ma wrote:
    I think these are really SDA2b's??
    JT
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,530
    edited December 2005
    jtgranby wrote:
    I think these are really SDA2b's??
    JT

Cabinet structure and 6510 drivers for mid-woofers would mean 2A, not that I could tell any difference between 2A and early 2B I owned though. For this vintage, I don't think it matters. The "real" 2B's with the end caps are the only ones I'd value now, and then only for appearance.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 Preamp; Classe Model 25 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio Power Director; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Parasound JC2BP and A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • jtgranbyjtgranby Posts: 888
    edited December 2005
    Emlyn wrote:
    Cabinet structure and 6510 drivers for mid-woofers would mean 2A, not that I could tell any difference between 2A and early 2B I owned though. For this vintage, I don't think it matters. The "real" 2B's with the end caps are the only ones I'd value now, and then only for appearance.
    +1 I have been wrong before. :)
    JT
    edited December 2005
    Speak of the devil...

Original 2's in the Austin/ San Antonio area... Very blonde...

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-SDA-2-TOWERS-CUSTOM-ASH-CAB-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ5847034212QQcategoryZ14992QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    edited December 2005
    I like 'em. The 2As I purchased from emlyn are natural oak veener. Not quite as blonde as these ash cabs.

• schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,210
    edited December 2005
    Real nice! I love my SDA-2's. Looks like the pedestals were removed during the vaneer upgrade :confused:
    Carl

• BobMcGBobMcG Posts: 1,613
    edited January 2006
    See post #36
    polkaudio speakers: SDA-SRS-2.3 (modified) SDA-2B SDA-CRS+ RT3000p CS400i LF-14 Monitor 7B
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,557
    edited January 2006
    Nice lookin SRS 2's on the left coast on Audiogon...including original boxes...
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • Polkersince85Polkersince85 Posts: 2,890
    edited January 2006
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,804
    edited January 2006
    He claims he has the original parts that matter. His price is about right for the issues.
    Anything under $1k these days is rare.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • michael_wmichael_w Posts: 2,914
    edited January 2006
    With the original pr's all you'd really have to replace, aside from the asthetical things, are the fritz'd tweet and the seas mid.
  • screenamescreename Posts: 321
    edited January 2006
    someone should grab those.....
    I talked to Scott and his buddy that needed a pair found some already.
    Cmon CA POLKIES Step up these are a bargain.....I bet there gone by the morning.
  • candyliquor35mcandyliquor35m Banned Posts: 2,404
    edited January 2006
    are they really 1.2's? I couldn't quite tell by the pic if they have b/b or p/b.
    The SL2000WC $3 DIY mod is orgasmic. The smaller the uf/mfd value, the less harsh your SL2000 will be.
    1. SRS stock: .47 uf/250v mylar cap on top SL2000, 1.0 uf on 2nd sl2000, 1.0 uf on 3rd SL2000, .47 uf/250v on bottom SL2000
    2. 2.3 stock: 1.0 uf/250v on middle SL2000
    3. 1B stock: 1.0 uf/250v on top SL2000
    4. 2B stock: 1.0 uf/250v on the one SL2000
    Total Savings = $1000. PM me for free caps for your SL2000's. I can make a sl2000 sound just like a rd0194 with a $1.25 .33 uf/mfd 250 v cap.
  • screenamescreename Posts: 321
    edited January 2006
    edited January 2006
    With a SN in the 1800's, these are (were) SRS's...

We've seen these on ebay before...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• danger boydanger boy Posts: 15,888
    edited January 2006
    serial numbers on my SRS's are in the 1800's too. so them is similar to mine.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: