Comments

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    0nklp1wi4ung.jpg

Wouldn't that be cool!

No dude, it's real, I've been up in space with those guys, but it's not like the movies, they get serious. In fact I had p i s s e d them off so bad with my smart a s s mouth, they shoved me in one of those Dilithium chambers and said "Go ahead smart a s s, say it again, you do and you're out of here"
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    That is the best mashed potatoes sculpture I've ever seen.

"THIS MEANS SOMETHING! THIS IS IMPORTANT!"

Thank you Mr. Dreyfuss, now, go fix the kitchen you demolished before your wife cuts your sack
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    That is the best mashed potatoes sculpture I've ever seen.

"THIS MEANS SOMETHING! THIS IS IMPORTANT!"

Thank you Mr. Dreyfuss, now, go fix the kitchen you demolished before your wife cuts your sack

That part happens later. :p
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,288
    edited April 2
    Options
    aefa1d98ms26.jpg

That mom in the capri pants is kind of hot. 😰

(Her husband had said that he'd like to do some sightseeing in her Caprice and she misunderstood 💔)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,068
    Options
    I found this amusing.
    5c90p3jj8i7a.jpg
    Why, yes, I am having a weird day today. Why do you ask?
    B)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Hmm... I found this amusing, too.

53627697048_71c6b80669_c.jpgRenault Dauphine in North America by JOHN LLOYD, on Flickr

Was the Dauphine really the largest-selling 4-door sedan in the world at some point? That is a terrifying thought.
    My uncle (my father's youngest brother) had one in the early-ish 1960s. I remember it as requiring a lot of maintenance.

• mhardy6647
    edited April 3
    Options
    Y'all do realize that cats have scent glands above their eyes and mark their property by rubbing their foreheads against it.
    quoth Fluffy:
    this kid is mine.
    uz9hax9uiflv.jpg
  • Viking64
    Options
    No thanks. I'll just hold it until I get home.

8s6k5ma55svl.jpg
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    Cut off in mid stream has a new meaning!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,374
    Options
    Hubba, hubba, hubba.......

Dat dere's a goooood lookin' woman.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Options
    That looks like Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles and she has been known to play Rickenbackers.

nusvkvamemze.jpg
  • treitz3
    edited April 3
    Options
    Oh, it is. One of the most famous shots of her was her during an "unplanned" video shot with her head pointing straight at the camera, looking right....then moving only her eyes to the left.

She still looks good 36 years later.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    Larry.....did you reverse that?

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Larry.....did you reverse that?

Tom

Maybe you just need to stand on the other side of your monitor. :#
  • treitz3
    Options
    This is why I sometimes dispise audio forums. The technicalities....

Who cares what direction?

The point was spoken. Was it from her L or R or from the direction of the camera?

As a (not gonna go there) would say.....at this point? What difference would it make?

Tom

• treitz3
    Options
    I like pie. We need more pie.

I think that was my point...

Tom
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,116
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I like banana splits. We need more bananas.

I think that was my point...

Tom

Fixed!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    Options
    Oh, dear lord....I am not from San Franciso.

To.
  • Viking64
    Options
    Okay, okay, okay, but why is there a picture of a shirtless Henry Kissinger with a ghetto blaster around his neck?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    u0zbm2nxvusi.jpg

He means business!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Taken from the "Into the Darkness" Star Trek movie...

cqdb2j6heurq.png

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,116
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    Taken from the "Into the Darkness" Star Trek movie...

cqdb2j6heurq.png

Missing an outer ring and center weight…. Obviously an amateur.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson