Guide: How to refinish your speakers

Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,467
    Options
    While you're at it, if you happen across the thread with the video of the girl on the Slip 'n Slide who overshoots the runway and launches up and off the ramp at the end, I'd be interested in revisiting that one.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Well while we are kicking some nuts....
    Scott,
    You ever ride a unicycle? Better yet, without a seat...

Inquiring minds really don't want to know.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    I remember the sideways speaker thread, too... :#
    Unicycles, eh?
    18794124653_c9b67720c9_b.jpg
  • msg
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Well while we are kicking some nuts....
    Scott,
    You ever ride a unicycle? Better yet, without a seat...

Inquiring minds really don't want to know.
    Lol
    No answer, as requested.

However, in the spirit of continued sack abuse, that rusty seatless beach cruiser you keep hidden behind the garden shed has the pedal axles 3/4 sawn through now. We should race sometime. Uphill.
    I disabled signatures.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    I have an antique Plomb tool box from the early 1930's that needs some freshening up. I'm hoping I came to the right thread for some refinishing advice
    yfyvfrfkgr3j.jpg

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,066
    Options
    First you will ramen mixed with super glue where the paint is missing, sand, sand, sand, then use finger paint
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    First you will ramen mixed with super glue where the paint is missing, sand, sand, sand, then use finger paint

Oatmeal will work, too, in a pinch.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,109
    Options
    Just be careful. Those Thai lady boys in skinny jeans are selling fake buy black paint. We all know black paint has been unattainable for quite some time.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

So will beaten eggs. Keep away from heat until dry.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

So will beaten eggs. Keep away from heat until dry.
    Thumbs up!

Farm raised, flame finished.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,608
    Options
    tmiz1i5w2hmk.jpeg
    88upcx2ixlfs.jpeg

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Options
    The egg cooking on the right is the green one.

What kinda pan is that? I need a new one.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    Hexclad, best pots and pans ever
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bcwsrt
    edited December 2023
    Options
    That was not the green one. These were the second white one from the left and the light brown one second from the right in the top row.

Which begs the question … what makes an egg green?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,101
    edited December 2023
    Options
    cpqrwtv800uw.png

Do you remove the Chalaza before cooking (usually when frying) an egg?

I do not. I've known people that do so, every time.

Just curious.

EDIT: This thread has taken off in an odd direction.
  • VR3
    Options
    I mean he did mention paper towels
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,604
    Options
    Breed of chicken in most cases.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    cpqrwtv800uw.png

Never. Why would ya? And how would ya?

Brian

• bcwsrt
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Breed of chicken in most cases.

So, I’m told this one chicken lays green, blue and one other color (which I’ve forgotten) eggs. I’ll have to ask more questions. It has also been named, so I’ll pass that along, as well.

Brian

• aprazer402
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    cpqrwtv800uw.png

Never. Why would ya? And how would ya?

https://www.spicysaltysweet.com/how-to-remove-the-chalaza-from-an-egg/

^^^^ There are methods. :)

No one in my family ever paid attention to it. One morning in the mid 1970's,
    one of my mother's friends came by when we were making breakfast. She
    went to the frying pan and said she always removed that. We never removed one even
    after she showed us. She was from a farm in central Iowa.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    Well I'll be dipped in chicken droppings: what a super informative thread..........I'd never heard about chalaza till today.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Holy crap! I would never fix eggs if I felt that was necessary. That’s more tedious-sounding than taking the membrane off a rack of ribs, which is also pretty much optional.

By the way, a PAPER TOWEL works best for grabbing the membrane and pulling it off!

Brian

• mhardy6647
    Options
    The hen put all that stuff in there, so we eat it.
    Our eggs are all locally sourced. Indeed, we know many of the hens -- not on a first name basis or anything, but we've met.

I use a Le Creuset frying pan for omelets (FWIW).
  • aprazer402
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Holy crap! I would never fix eggs if I felt that was necessary. That’s more tedious-sounding than taking the membrane off a rack of ribs, which is also pretty much optional.

By the way, a PAPER TOWEL works best for grabbing the membrane and pulling it off!

I peeled the membrane off two racks of pork spareribs I made yesterday. I used a paper towel too.

• aprazer402
    Options
    nq29xjcrhqan.jpg
    hb4c35dzb5x4.jpg

Made two pans of spareribs. Just over some ****. In oven,covered with foil, then uncovered last 30 minutes to brown. They're not burnt, the paprika I added on top forms a crust. Boiled some white new potatoes, then buttered them and added fresh parsley. They were good. But I prefer smoking them outdoors. Baby back ribs are better too!
  • aprazer402
    Options
    Can't type K R A U T ? How about Sauerkraut ?
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,719
    Options
    What's ****?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,280
    Options
    How do you remove the chalaza when making hard boiled eggs?
  • aprazer402
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    What's ****?

Vanilla's censoring of my word k r a u t.