LSAF 2023 On like Donkey Kong

marvda1
marvda1 Posts: 4,862
edited February 2023 in Gatherings & Special Events
Well, the Lone Star Audio Fest 2023 is scheduled for this year, June 2-4 at a new location which is closer to DFW airport at the Embassy Suites Galleria.
Here's information, but you have log into Facebook and you may have to join the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LoneStarAudioFest/
Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
Puritan PSM156

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    FINALLY! I just read about this the other day. So far, it's looking good for me. It will be nice to see extended family again...as well as hearing what the event has to offer.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Will try to make it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • marvda1
    embassy suites use to have free "drinks" and snacks weekday afternoons, don't know if they still do.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    If you are planning on attending, the time is now to start booking rooms/getting plane tickets.

Russ, I'll call you in the near future to find out what your plans are. Trey, you should try to come with us. I don't recall you ever attending an audio event like this.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • I'll be there! I posted a sappy comment on the Facebook site about never having been to an event like that. Sincerely looking forward to it!!
  • treitz3
    It's not like the bigger, mass audio events. It's a little bit more laid back. You can actually grab the sweet spot and enjoy it without feeling the pressure to get up and let someone else get their turn. Plus, many of the manufacturers have "after hours" sessions as well.

Those are always fun. Plus, with not as many people there, you can sit and talk with the manufacturers/designers about things they wouldn't have the time to talk about at the bigger shows. I have always had a great time at LSAF's. I'll see you there!

The only room I disliked was the Magico room....and that's only because they would not let you make any song suggestions....and the only thing they played was chincy, easy play, single instrument and single voice songs. You can't evaluate a speaker like that. Give it something to where we can hear what the capabilities are when the passages get heavy and the volume is up! Otherwise, IMO, why even bother coming and showing off your speakers?

There have been some great systems there over the years.

Tom
  • Hahahaha... This is beginning to sound like an even more fun event than I thought!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'll be there! I posted a sappy comment on the Facebook site about never having been to an event like that. Sincerely looking forward to it!!

Do not share a room with Tom.....

If you do you'll end up smartie_nopants... :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    treitz3 wrote: »
    LOL!

And if you share a room with Russ, just make sure to clear off the coffee table, so he can go to sleep for the night....

Tom

Russ should be the main speaker at the event ! He has a million dollar voice ! I’m not kidding !!!!!

And a 100 million dollar personality!

1000% on both absolutely!!
  • If you do...

Bwahaahaaahaaa!!!!
  • marvda1
    the cutoff for special room rates is 05/02. i'll be staying fri. thru sun. nights for a total of $299.15.
    who's coming in thursday, i might add it to my stay.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Friday broski. Can't make it Thursday.

Tom
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I’ll stay one night.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    edited April 2023
    Who all is planning on coming? Here's who I have coming thus far...

Russ
    Marvin
    Ryan *possible*
    @Milito *possible*
    Tom (me)
    Todd
    @smartie_panta (Don't know his real name)

Anyone else planning on attending?

Tom
  • treitz3 wrote: »
    @smartie_panta (Don't know his real name)

Hi Tom. My name is Tim. Looking forward to it!
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I’m sure DSkip will have a setup but have not specifically asked him. I’ll check in with him.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • marvda1
    edited April 2023
    tratliff wrote: »
    I’m sure DSkip will have a setup but have not specifically asked him. I’ll check in with him.

Dskip won't have a room, but there will be two rooms with his equipment (Rosso Fiorentino speakers) in them.
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    marvda1 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »

Dskip won't have a room, but there will be two rooms with his equipment in them.

Dskip can share a room with Moonshine Tom??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Nah, Russ wants a little bit of the action this year...

o:)

Tom
  • treitz3
    You can make your reservation by telephone or online. The cutoff date is May 2nd, so be sure to reserve before then because you may not be able to reserve your room after that.

The phone number for reservations is 972-364-3640. When making reservations by telephone, be sure to tell the staff that you are a LoneStarAudiofest Exhibitor (group LSA) or a LoneStarAudiofest Guest (group LAF), whichever the case may be.

Online reservations can be made at the links below:

https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=DALESES&groupCode=CESLAF&arrivaldate=2023-06-02&departuredate=2023-06-04&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT

Tom
  • marvda1
    You might still be able to get a room after that date but it will be more expensive.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    ...and it may not be the room that is the lowest cost - or what you prefer. If you are gonna book? Book NOW.

At least, that's my advice.

Tom
  • marvda1
    the rates have increased, they say they have sold out of the allotted lsaf rooms. check on the hotels nearby tab to check for better rates. i found one about a mile away. i will call embassy suites tomorrow to see if they will increase the allotted rooms.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Marvin, call back tomorrow and talk to the sales manager. She may Be able to work something out.

I heard the same song and dance today.

After 4 hours of BS? I got what I wanted.

That said? It's filling up quickly.

BOOK NOW!!!!

Tom
  • treitz3
    edited April 2023
    I was (honestly) NOT expecting the rate increase as well as it being booked so soon...

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    @Wardsweb
    Luther, will you and John be attending??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a