LSAF 2023 On like Donkey Kong

Options

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    Let's hope Josh brings some more of that $200 a bottle scotch.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,339
    Options
    Josh ain't gonna be there this year, unless he shows up just for a personal visit.

*shrugs shoulders*

Dammit.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Doug said he won't be able to make it this year due to health and that he's still open for business.
    Raven Audio and Austin Audioworks will be there.
    The guys from the Black Hole out of Houston said they may be there.
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm gonna give RuSsMaN a wedgie he'll never forget!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Fantastic! I'm gonna give RuSsMaN a wedgie he'll never forget!

Tom

No open door surprises this year :s
    Puritan PSM156
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 185
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    The guys from the Black Hole out of Houston said they may be there.

What is this Black Hole? I'm in Houston. Inquiring minds want to know.
  • marvda1
    Options
    Some black duds from Houston. At one show they were jamming so hard everyone thought they had blown a speaker.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    The Black Hole guys are some of the friendliest, most cool dudes one would ever meet, with great taste in music. When they throw down? Man, they throw down somethin' fierce! Looking VERY forward to seeing them again!!! Love 'em!

Tom
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    See yall Friday!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    See yall Friday!

Oh boy! The G.O.A.T. will be loose!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    See yall Friday!

Oh boy! The goat fondler will be loose!

Fixed it for ya, Ivan...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    It’s looking more and more like I’m going to be there either Friday or Saturday instead of both. That being the case, should I come Friday or Saturday? Probably looking at getting there around 2:00 either day.

Paul, did you decide on a day? I, too, had to shrink the trip down to one night. I land at Hobby airport at 9:30am on Saturday and have a departing flight at 11:30am Sunday.

Hope to see you there. It would be great to meet in person!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    See yall Friday!

Oh boy! The goat fondler will be loose!

Fixed it for ya, Ivan...

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    😂😂😂😂
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    See yall Friday!

Looking forward to it. See all Saturday.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    I’m leaning towards Saturday. Look forward to seeing those of you I know and meeting others for the first time.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1
    Options
    I may drop by Thursday, spending the night Friday and Saturday.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    I have met a few off this forum like Marv and a few others, but not many so it will be hard for me to recognize anyone at the show. Where will be a good place to find people from here Saturday?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    ...it will be [impossible] for me to recognize anyone at the show. Where will be a good place to find people from here Saturday?

What he said.
  • treitz3
    Options
    To all those that are attending - Make it known here that you will be attending and I'll make a PM list to include all. We'll swap contact info, plans, GTG's, dinners and the like that way.

The secret phrase to get the skinny is, "I identify as a Prius".

Tom
  • marvda1
    edited May 2023
    Options
    How about Skip's room? I'm bad about names if I don't see you every couple of days. :D

How about everyone one wear the same color shirt Saturday.

Next year everyone can get a tee shirt with their name and Polk name on it :)
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    Here is a current list of those whom have mentioned that they are attending. I'll set up a PM with everyone soon.

Marvin - Marvda1
    Tom - Treitz3
    Russ - Lightman1
    Tim - Smartie_panta
    Todd - Tratliff
    Paul - PSOVLSK
    Milito - Name unknown

@Wardsweb - @Joey - You both have mentioned that you are possibles. Any updates?

Tom

• Milito
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Mike

Yes Marv, I'm also bad about names.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • marvda1
    Options
    What does everyone think about wearing the same color shirt on Saturday? or get nametags.

Looks like Milito's name is Mike.
    Puritan PSM156
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    I suggest all polkies wear a Polk flag for identification
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • marvda1
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I suggest all polkies wear a Polk flag for identification

What if you don't have one?
    Puritan PSM156
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    True polkies would make one
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Place a red heart sticker on your forehead
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Milito
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Place a red heart sticker on your forehead

You first.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I suggest togas or Hare Krishna robes...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • marvda1
    Options
    Or like someone I know, "The Audiophile has no Clothes" >:)
    Puritan PSM156