LSAF 2023 On like Donkey Kong

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Or like someone I know, "The Audiophile has no Clothes" >:)

I'm sure there will be "someone" there that if givin enough lubricity that may happen....
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    Options
    Sorry but won't make it. I am working.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    A couple of coughs and you can scare the covid out of them to get off >:)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    Sorry but won't make it. I am working.

Awe, well now that's a bummer. Joey, did you decide that you are coming? If so, we need to add you to the PM thread. Just LMK.

We'll see most of the Polk Crew there tomorrow and a few more lingering in on Saturday. In less than 24 hours, we gon'be havin' some FUN!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • marvda1
    Options
    I'm having fun now, some rooms are setting up.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    Teasevndghxdna0aj.jpg
    flzyuiiskamo.jpg
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    Next time I am down there, I hope to spend more time. It wasn't in the works this year. Also planning on attending LSAF and the SWAF....

Good times!

I will try to reserve some extra time to stop by those who are local as well. I want to hear Josh's setup in his new digs.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halen
    halen Posts: 677
    Options
    I will be there Saturday for a couple hours. Would be nice to see everyone again.

Afterwards we could chat about how great my bluetooth speakers sound better than all of ya systems. I have an air purifier that makes magic to them soundwaves. Haha

Cheers
    halen
  • marvda1
    Options
    Quit passing gas and you won't need an air purifier :p
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    halen wrote: »
    I will be there Saturday for a couple hours. Would be nice to see everyone again.

Say it ain't so! Heck yeah, man!!!! Whoo-hooo!!!!

Tom

• treitz3
    Options
    c1tdtxz6sy26.png

That woofer design is weirder than Wilson's....it looks like it's damaged and ripped brand spankin' new...

Tom
  • marvda1
    Options
    Forgot the name, but it's supposed to have the lowest distortion of any bass driver.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Options
    I think it's the purefi or something like that.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Options
    You heard it yet or are they still setting up?

Tom
  • marvda1
    Options
    Nice sounding, but I haven't warmed to ribbon tweeters yet.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Either have I.

With the one exception of the Genesis flagship speakers of the 80's. Now, that was a treat. With that said, that is the ONLY exception.

Tom
  • treitz3
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Bliss on Mushrooms sounded phenomenal tonight......I can only hope that a system mimics or beats the sound I just heard.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Trey....44 is the volume level broskizzle.....44

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    k9h73n5sr636.jpg

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    10- rooms or just the ones checked in so far?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    Nah, I haven't counted the rooms yet but I think this is it for this year's LSAF. Nobody has a conference room this year.....in fact, I don't even recall seeing a conference room. All rooms are on the 2nd floor.

It's also nowhere near the crowd of yesteryear. Already met up with Marvin and Russ is here as well.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    There is another crew just now setting up. They will be in room 212. Forgot to ask him the company name but will fill you in later.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    1jdqh2q8ow8a.jpg
    47gtbbwqo3rw.jpg

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Russ, 2 hours ago....

xmh484sdem2i.jpg

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    gkascbja3jy2.jpg
    3cxd04fr1m7s.jpg
    5hhiyb80bbj1.jpg
    k3u30zaitawh.jpg
    hu2fvccxdb0q.jpg

Tom
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    You guys have fun
    @treitz3
    I’m out with the wife and kids at a water park haha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • treitz3
    Options
    Awe, dang. Was looking forward to meeting you. Everyone is here now....time to get the listening on! kfm0wnu7ulya.jpg
    3wzu55ltrzgm.jpg
    p0nullqfn7hz.jpg
    ix11r24h1ld3.jpg
    vi0ssc5go24m.jpg
    id5iggw7h5c6.jpg

Tom
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Thanks for all the pics Tom! Looks like a blast.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Awe, dang. Was looking forward to meeting you. Everyone is here now....time to get the listening on!
    vi0ssc5go24m.jpg

Tom

WTF???
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Awe, dang. Was looking forward to meeting you. Everyone is here now....time to get the listening on!
    vi0ssc5go24m.jpg

Tom

WTF???

Read the card, it's a prototype class a amp design
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a