Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Man, as a teen? Oh.....this was the best. I used to drool at just just looking at it.

Unfortunately, I never heard one. Loved the size though. Perfect for a dorm room.

rrobaee6jma2.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    On the complete opposite side of the spectrum? Money.....and lots of it! The more you look? The more you realize...

2sm7u8j7vhtu.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    As God as my judge, I didnt know Turkeys couldn't fly!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    treitz3 wrote: »
    2wbs48cz7w7m.png

Some of you will know exactly who's system this is....😀👌

Tom

Josh?
  • treitz3
    Yuppers.

Tom
  • CoolJazz
    CoolJazz Posts: 569
    treitz3 wrote: »
    As sad as this is, it actually makes perfect sense. BUT, unless you are stopped at the light and decipher what in tarnation is goin' on here?

di7edytx1roy.png

Tom

I know exactly where that is! I have to spend time of 441 way too much!

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    That is one bitchen ride!
  • treitz3
    2x7owjyc2t7w.png

Tom
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Rod Stewart looks thrilled to be stuck next to Paul. "Sigh. Just get it over with already, this guy smells like he's been shearing sheep."

Is that Bob Smeldof's Christmas thing?
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    Dam*. There's only about three of them that are smiling, or anywhere close. Saying "cheese" must've been too much to ask.
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Heck, Mark isn't even looking at the camera.

Tom
  • yp7nlxosrd3a.png

Is that Tennessee Ernie Ford? :D

c1qjndmx0fg7.png

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • ^^^^^ Tom thanks for posting that incredible picture. It reminded me of two "chance sightings" of two of the performers.

In the mid to late 70's and through the 80's, I was a frequent business traveler. Historical landmark hotels were always my favorite choices when away from home.

I stayed at the Olympic Hotel (perhaps the most beautiful hotel I stayed in ever) on a visit to Seattle in the early 80's. Late in the first evening after arrival from GA, I was leaving the main lobby by the wide grand stairs (now replaced by escalators) to go to the travel entrance. Coming up the stairs to my left, there was Elton John leading his entourage into the hotel after a concert. I just stood midway down the stairs not believing what I was seeing as he came up. He was one step in front of all the other 10-15 people. (No iPhone for picture in those days)

In the late 70's arriving at the Plaza Hotel in NYC in the early evening, I went to the separate hotel check-in area just to the right of the main lobby. As I waited my turn, in line to the left I noticed Rod Stewart was actually checking himself in. I kept my eyes on him and noticed after checking in, he actually was looking around as a normal traveler does. He was dressed in the British attire that he was often seen wearing. I was thrilled as I really liked his music.

History is fun to remember.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • msg
    edited November 2022
    Haha, Phil Collins looks like he's about ready to sneak a feel of Tina's leg (who wouldn't)
    And Howard Jones looks like he's thinking the same about Phil.
    And Paul's going, through gritted teeth, "Shuddup Phil, get *out* of here!"
    3r7bvh64ywle.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Addendum to my post above regarding Seattle:

Across the street from the Olympic Hotel is the building where my business trip took me. I wanted to post this because of the building's unique appearance and the architect who created the building.

It was to Rainier Bank located in what is described as an upside building. Quite a contrast to the the Olympic Hotel built in 1924 which is to the right of the building in the picture below. The people of Rainer Bank described it as a "pencil shaped building". Back then, the entire building was The Rainier Bank. Now it is a commercial building with many businesses and is called the Rainer Tower.

y18xik44do7d.png

Created by renowned architect Minoru Yamasaki, who also designed the New York World Trade Center buildings, this colossal structure has the unique distinction of balancing atop an eleven story pedestal. 

Built in 1977, this relatively modern structure gives one the feel of an upside-down pyramid reaching to the clouds as you gaze thirty one stories above it's base at the peculiar lines of this skyscraper.

Very cool :) 😎

Wow that building looks like it could topple over! Very unique!
    I disabled signatures.