Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    ^^^ that's great :)

so...
    so, so, so...

one of the more elusive birds in the 'hood is the gorgeous indigo bunting. They always come through in the late spring, often stay around for a while, and more than occasionally are here all summer. Their paired note calls are unmistakable and diagnostic (once one's familiar with them), and they often will perch at the tippy-top of the tallest tree in the are and sing -- so they're not really reticent. Sometimes, they even show up at feeders.
    But my luck in photographing one (or two), especially in the yard, runs hot and cold.
    This year has been a banner year for indigo buntings. I think there are four (or more) in the neighborhood, and we've frequently had two singing from different places in the yard. We've seen 'em regularly, too... but never when I've had a camera handy.
    Today, we came inside after our daily perambulation. I ambled to the kitchen and idly glanced out the window at the tube feeders in the yard. A blue-grey bird on one feeder caught my eye. Bingo! I zipped around the corner & grabbed the camera (which even had a tele lens on it).
    Of course, by then the bunting had moved to the back side of the feeder.
    I managed to snap a couple photos of its backside before it flew away. :blush:

52241172201_306e465b4a_b.jpg
    That's it poking out (a little bit) on the left-hand side at the bottom of the feeder. :p

I feel like that guy in The Old Man and the Sea sometimes. ;)

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    aafric7ltnzx.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    z4utb93q0hn6.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited July 2022
    daddyjt wrote: »
    z4utb93q0hn6.png

Studies show... :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    u8mdux2prl56.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tony M
    edited July 2022
  • Tony M
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    x3sxm25mgl8c.png

15jk6o8okp4y.png

e87lgjw5tlnf.png

an entertaining trifecta from ASR B)

I did the fan voice change.

and this too;
    https://youtu.be/eyNs_baxMKc

Didn't do this though.
    https://youtu.be/3__r-1JbZ2k
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ "Day Five and still no one suspects." ;)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited July 2022
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    WTH kind of pepper was that?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Yes ! Until about 10 yrs ago I still had my Time and Newsweek mags that talked about the new Ice Age coming.
  • mhardy6647
    7x06c3a83tzg.png

I know that spider.
    :#

52097181167_161fc49814_b.jpg

• Tony M
    :s I hate spiders unless they are the little hairy jumping ones where you can't see their legs move.

A neighbor just talked to Tony and me and he said he's always walking into webs every night. :o He owns a few homes and visits them all the time.

I told him to get "Bengal" bug spray to eliminate them.

He looked at me like I was speaking russian. I told him again, "Bengal" will eliminate his spider problem.

He looked at me again like a deer in headlights. He then said he had to go.

I think he really likes to complain about walking into spider webs. He's 70 years old and quite smart too. I don't get his brain freeze looks about a cure to his dislike for spider webs.
  • mhardy6647