Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is good news or... you know, the other kind of news. :#

I guess that all depends on what their definition of "higher" is. :#

Hmm... Perhaps this would be a good time to refer to Carl, previously mentioned above. :#

2e8s53rx486y.png

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    "Higher Logic" and Vanilla are two words that will never be associated together in reality. Who are they kidding?

Enough about that. How about a closeup of a longhorn beetle's face?

oz356uas0ccy.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited June 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    How about a closeup of a longhorn beetle's face after someone shook up his beer before handing it to him.

oz356uas0ccy.png

Fixed it
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    OleBoot wrote: »
    x4af1k8i1gal.png

WW1 tank. Not sure that will buff out 🤣
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Saw this on AA (not that AA, the hifi AA ;)). I was tempted to post it to the "Space" thread, but I decided to behave and just post it here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AstroSamantha/status/1538573563061538816

hehi25v7a8mb.png

A real astronaut bustin' a Hollywood astronaut's chops. :D

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited June 2022
    Happening tonight and tomorrow. B)

Although the best time to see this will be 5am Fri. . :#

q5d0jv6iuflb.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    l59bczs5hbg4.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    l59bczs5hbg4.png

Tom

a bunch of Ampzillae! :o
    EDIT: Ooops, they're SAE amps, but not really all that different (Bongiorno was at SAE prior to starting GAS).

Oh, and that entry level single-motor AKAI reel to reel looks really out of its league in that stack of stuff. :|
  • Tony M
    edited June 2022
    Roadside find.

Mowing my grass, I spotted picket fencing down my street looking like it's out for trash pick-up.

I stop mowing and go down there to see why nice fencing is at the road leaning on 2 trash totes. Yup, it looks like it's getting tossed.

I see the man and his wife on their front porch and I walk toward them and he comes out to meet me.

He said yes, they are getting tossed. I told him I'd like to take them home and he said he had some posts to give me that goes with them. He had 3 posts. 2 ends and one middle one. o:)
    No caps though.

I brought them home and decided to place them on the left side of my house instead of the right side of the cottage for one and no idea yet of the other one. They measured just right for their new destination.

I bought 3 caps the other night. I planned on making boxes to set these posts into so I can lift them out for any reason later on. OK, I have vinyl boards I was going to make boxes out of BUT...this morning I go out to look at the area I planned to set the fencing up at and I see my neighbor from across the street walking on the road in front of me.

He came to me and said the city cut his water off. He doesn't owe them anything. We walked back to his front yard and looked at the freshly painted meter box lid and a blue arrow on the street pointing at it. Weird...

My neighbor said the City guy would be there shortly.

NOW, 20' from his meter was a pile of treated boards in front of the next neighbor's yard down the street. There were a bunch of 1X8 3' and 4' boards. Most were pretty good too. My frugal brain said to use these 1x8's instead of my $$$$ plastic board material.

I needed 12 boards and there were 15. :Do:)

2 were warped bad so I left them there. I have one spare now.

The City came and we went back to see what happened with the water turn-off. The man said the NEXT neighbor down ( where the treated scraps of boards were) was the target. THEY didn't pay their water bill. The guy found the other meter hidden under a bunch of leaves, turn theirs's off and my neighbor's back on, PLUS, the guy said the City will give him a deduction for his inconvenience. :D

I cut the boards to what I wanted and them ripped them with my table saw. The assembly went well. Digging the holes went easy too. I screwed bungies to the boxes so I could drop them down and pull them back up easily. It was a VERY productive day.

I like FREE road finds. So I have 26.00 into the caps.

I now have to clean the dirty fencing and posts and screw the bottom of one picket back to the bottom rail. Not bad.

The posts and fencing was probably 250.00.

Mostly, I like the style of it and it lets the breeze flow through the yard. ;)

The house's foundation is why I didn't get any closer to the house. :#

y09ae2xch1h4.jpg

apgzyhcxfo86.jpg

y0g365ruvmik.jpg

8r71cf2h6ygk.jpg

7qo6eu6dnpn6.jpg

• treitz3
    Flashback....2 years ago....this would have been banned on this forum. Kudos to those that 1 - have a sense of humor and 2 - can see the forest through the trees.

8qoznmsalwz0.png

This is not a vulgar image. Again, kudos!

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Flashback....2 years ago....this would have been banned on this forum. Kudos to those that 1 - have a sense of humor and 2 - can see the forest through the trees.

8qoznmsalwz0.png

This is not a vulgar image. Again, kudos!

Tom

Only because those 2 chrome domes resemble yours... :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Well, truth be told....LOL

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Well, truth be told....LOL

Tom

Just looked at pic again....next gathering will you grow out, cut and shave the rock-n-roll hand gesture on your head?

That would be cool B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Yeah but I just spoke with my beautiful hairdresser. She can only do one finger up.....I am quite sure that you know which finger that is...

Tom
  • treitz3
    Screw the finger....she can only do letters....

Did I just say that? Oh, dear....

u1778lic2pnm.png

Tom
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    "Higher Logic" and Vanilla are two words that will never be associated together in reality. Who are they kidding?

Enough about that. How about a closeup of a longhorn beetle's face?

oz356uas0ccy.png

Tom

m2dig67r5zwp.jpeg

See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    For all you Talkingheads fans ;)

tt2q1bkc7sed.png
  • Tony M
    Gender neutral. ^^^^^^^^^^