Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    @#$_)*($ Boiling Over

70c7ohco4jug.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited June 2022
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Yet another blast from the past....

yv0yiuutg4h9.png

Tom

one of the best-written sitcoms (?!) ever.

t5lwtjjdd95m.png
    (of course, Fr. Mulcahy didn't actually say it)

ledboslyf5wn.png

p7n5d6bs8bhk.gif
    "Ahh, Bach!"

meanwhile, back at the ranch...

c9a4oppcrw0i.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    eh5h6ruh5qlv.png

I might've stolen those when I was in my teens.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    Yet another blast from the past....

yv0yiuutg4h9.png

Tom

I grew up with MASH on in the house - it’s just one of those cultural icons that’s always with you, no matter how old you get.

I was never a Frank Burns fan, and I thought the show took a big step up when Charles came on. BUT, I always preferred Trapper to BJ. I would have loved a season with Charles and Trapper at the same time…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,975
    Options
    0x9youtrjet7.jpg
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    0x9youtrjet7.jpg

somebody throws a stick, and that bridge is a goner.

:#
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I'll put in a good word, sort of, for Major Burns.

Frank opens the door to The Swamp and motions Hawkeye to go first, smarmily intoning
    Age before beauty.
    Capt. Pierce accepts, responding, deadpan
    Pearls before swine.

B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    You know.....if that young lady played her cards jussssssst right.......she could get lucky with me!

She might just be packin'... just saying tis best to look under the hood first.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited June 2022
    Options
    My Damaged JBL L100 Century midrange fix.

I priced some out today. 80.00 for a new replacement that's supposed to be good.

290.00 for a pr. of originals.

I noticed that all the paper was still hanging on so I glued a pc. of fine fabric to the back. It looked good at first but I saw a zit size flaw and went to fix it. I created a snowball but it's really nicer in person than the pics make it out to be bad.

It should be OK.

I also prepped the 1 damaged woofer for the coming surrounds.

l12ojw2sa7pq.jpg

o716l5atm8ew.jpg

bd2uqrcdaqzl.jpg

I think I'll try some more to make this repair smoother. ;)

ll65jywlgxsu.jpg

rnw1ficmkroj.jpg

kbepbszaogsz.jpg

p744nufilcxh.jpg

wkgzxuosglmm.jpg

bgavbkzkjjy6.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    ov11tfojl91p.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Options
    I won 50.00 on a 2.00 ticket this morning. :p It's been a while. :#
  • Tony M
    Options
    I thought I had a bad wire or cross-over in one of my JBL L100s.

I went out tonight after dinner to see if I could find the problem. I didn't hear any sound at first. I pulled the tweeter out and then I could hear sound. I wiggled the wires and still, it played just fine. I put it back in.

Now, to re-foam the 1 woofer and then buy mesh and grill fronts. I'm going to ask you guys your choice of grill cover in a week or 2.

The Cerwin Vegas are playing great and look pretty good too.

The JBL L100's "cabinets" are looking great and are just a couple of small jobs to getting them sounding great.

Quite the gifts from my old friend who doesn't like to fix speakers.

i74zalbtggrv.jpg

kj8ahnyn41db.jpg

kha7yi4qhpes.jpg

:):pB)
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Steven Tyler needs to stop spending time with Caitlyn Jenner....

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    Steven Tyler needs to stop spending time with Caitlyn Jenner....

Jon Bon Jovi needs to stop spending time with Bill Bixby, Kevin Cronin needs to stop spending time with Phyllis Diller, and Ozzy needs to stop spending time with Zsa Zsa Gabor's corpse. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    And I though Bon Jovi was going more for the Bea Arthur look...

lx9pgerkf5gf.jpg

• mhardy6647
    Options
    And I though Bon Jovi was going more for the Bea Arthur look...

lx9pgerkf5gf.jpg

"God'll get you for that." :#
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Options
    So -- we have this Hammacher Schlemmer oak tool chest/workbench combination.
    It was Mrs. H's grandfather's and dates to ca. 1926. It is a pretty remarkable piece of furniture, and after some restoration when we moved to MA (a story in itself, for some other time), it's been in our living rooms in MA and now in NH.

Our son "found it" today on archive.org :)

i08a14qrkjdx.jpg

We do not have the avec tools version, unfortunately. :|

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    i08a14qrkjdx.jpg

That was a remarkable amount of money for that!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    8u304era5ab3.png

Rutile form Tormiq Valley, Pakistan.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    8u304era5ab3.png

Rutile form Tormiq Valley, Pakistan.

Tom

I find mineral crystals fascinating
  • Tony M
    Options
    I was a rock/gem collector in my youth.

I wanted to be a geologist/gemologist when I grew up. I actually have a big bag of different rocks and minerals with a nice laminated chart with info on a lot of stones. Got it at a yard sale or goodwill years ago for cheap.

I was REALLY amazed at petrified wood. I held a big chunk every once in a while and thought how can wood turn to stone? I think the little rock Cross's that were found on some river/creek shores way back when fascinated me too. Then there is Iron Pyrite. Fool's Gold. Love it! I have a few sculptures that use it. I gave these type of sculptures for gifts one year and then again years later.

Those Amythyst Cathedrals made from huge geodes amaze me too.

Opals are special to me too. The ones with a lot of sharp colors. Not the blurry/fuzzy ones.
    My Mom bought a huge opal and diamond ring at a yard sale for .50. There was a beautiful huge Opal as the center stone. Lots of red "fire" and many other colors too. We just watched the "Opal Hunters" show on TV the other night. It's a lot of hunting for so little Opal finds. Those people are persistent and work in some of the worst environments on earth. They are TOUGH people.

About 30 years ago, I bought my mom a med. sized geode ( about 4" round and flattened a bit.) from a HUGE rock/gem show in Raliegh NC>. . The geode was cracked open and 3/4 of it remained. You could see a big opal crystal inside it with great fire and colors. I don't know what ever became of it. :s It was really cool. I don't know if Opals are found in geodes but this looked legit and I'm pretty sure the seller had MANY more bigger and smaller ones there too.

I have quartz crystal pillars and clusters displayed in my living-room entertainment unit. Been there for 30 years maybe. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Of course, I would've thought the product would have been called the IKEA Spın̈n̈.
    Imagine the lucrative potential of a Spın̈al Tap version. B)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I am sure that one of the accessories will be a cover for the unit called Düst.
    B)
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    He's here all week folks.

Try the veal. And don't forget to tip your server.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    The Nile River, taken from the ISS.

ti4zshi0utvq.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    w4gmcvviigwa.png

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-