Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Wonder if it smells like a&&? Might be the reason it's a slow seller 😜
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, I guess there is a bright side to a tampon shortage, huh?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited June 2022
    one more from last night :) It was very windy last night. Not so many flittin' around. Probably past the peak now -- we'll see what tonight brings.

Longer exposure at large aperture -- the focus last night was a bit "off" :/

52152855893_7fe27061e8_b.jpg
    That cluster of light near the center of the image is in our raspberry patch. :)

I love seeing 'em and it's fun and somewhat challenging to photograph them, too.
    The enzyme system ("luciferase") that powers their light converts biochemical energy (from adenosine triphosphate, the fuel that cells use for energy) to light. Seliger (who was one of my profs) & McElroy at Hopkins sorted out the biochemistry in the 'sixties. Today, lucifease is used as a tool in molecular biology. It's easy to find things if they light up as part of the assay! :)

• mhardy6647
    Bonus etymology aside about entomology ;)

The word/name Lucifer (Rolling Stones' song notwithstanding) means bringer of light.
    B)
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    One of my favorite bumper stickers. "Old truckers never die, they just get a new Peterbilt."

I sold them for 3 years in the mid to late 90's. I don't know what the engines put out now as far as horsepower and torque, but the big Cat engines back then put out 550 hp and a 1850ibs of torque rating. They had a 18 speed dual overdrive trans in them. Lots of fun to spec out a truck for a customer on the computer program we had back then. Lots of choices to spec the truck out to meet the customer's needs. I had to have a CDL to sell them.

The top of the line Pete's road very nice for a truck too. I hate to think how much they cost now. Independent drivers would finance one back then and have a payment of over $2,000 a month.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    OleBoot wrote: »
    fi7m39j79usp.png

Sometimes ya sees a picture, and ya sez to yerself, "Self, there's a backstory of some sort to this."
    B)
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    fi7m39j79usp.png

Sometimes ya sees a picture, and ya sez to yerself, "Self, there's a backstory of some sort to this."
    B)

Grandma dies, house is cleared out, junk put in trash, trash goes to landfill, seagull gets dentures from landfill. Or, it's photoshopped.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    fi7m39j79usp.png

B)

Grandma dies, house is cleared out, junk put in trash, trash goes to landfill, seagull gets dentures from landfill. Or, it's photoshopped.

... or a guy who normally wears an upper plate has a tasty, juicy hamburger -- but a standoff has developed.