• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,601
    Not to change the subject... :#

7gp3bkj7t6rs.png

(ASR)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    qqk7xk81cudw.png
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647

o3qjlcezqi2a.png

I don't know too much about feline sociology -- but I am guessing this one may be the Head Cat.
    B)
  • daddyjt
    ^ Fish-eye lens?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,457
    I woke the boss up and got the stink eye...

9m1fvlmrqy0a.jpg

k43jj4u2x5us.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • daddyjt
    hxbjzwm8m9jo.png

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    Gotta admit.....I done seen a lot of vehicles in my time but not once have I seen anything close to resembling this land yacht.

24a8iqnqzx8p.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Well, my long exposure skills are rusty, but there were lots of fireflies ("lightning bugs", in Baltimore parlance) last night. I spent some time trying to document the scene -- with meh results. :|

52148408916_d4be7c0381_b.jpg

52148423193_73a5b86c78_b.jpg

I may try again tonight, depending on conditions.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited June 2022
    My neighbor and I were out talking a few nights ago and saw 1 Lightning bug.

We haven't seen any for many years.

We used to have a lot of them 30 years ago.

Now this year is a year for Silk Spiders again. The webs are plentiful everywhere. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SCompRacer
    re02w1ykh9ii.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    Tony M wrote: »
    My neighbor and I were out talking a few nights ago and saw 1 Lightning bug.

We haven't seen any for many years.

We used to have a lot of them 30 years ago.

Now this year is a year for Silk Spiders again. The webs are plentiful everywhere. :#

I was shocked at the first night in the current house 5 years ago.
    Fireflies were everywhere. We back up to the woods.
    So we see all sorts of critters too. we even have turtles out wandering
    around the yard sometimes. I could live without the snakes though.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    oh, and...

I think this may be a case of Mustang conflation. B)

52146409717_6c3e9610f9_b.jpg1970 Mustang by Shutter Nut, on Flickr

Because -- I mean... you know... there are Mustangs and there are Mustangs.

kbjtuy24lavd.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    OleBoot wrote: »
    968cq2i0t2yu.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good one. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,568
    Looks like they’re sporting LEDs.
  • daddyjt
    qlqgbt3n14d8.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    Wonder if it smells like a&&? Might be the reason it's a slow seller 😜
  • SCompRacer
    fovp00iie3jo.png
  • mhardy6647
    So -- of course I won't know for sure until tonight -- I'm thinkin' that last night was peak firefly in the Upper Valley. :)

52151530840_bc0fc49183_b.jpg

52150027937_bfe7ff01f4_b.jpg

As usual, the piccies don't quite do justice to the display we were treated to last night. :|
    I may have better photos that I haven't gotten through yet. I did take a bunch. :#

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,233
    ivo5cy34n6i5.jpeg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    Well, I guess there is a bright side to a tampon shortage, huh?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~