Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited May 2022
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    My cat “Kit Carson” on his tree in Mudroom
    rzopdnkjvt1a.jpg

You clearly carefully read and followed all instructions before beginning assembly. :D

EDIT: Upon closer inspection - is he polydactylous, or is is just an optical illusion due to the way his little toesies are wrapped around the tops of the tree branches?
    5yb0o557opv2.jpg
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    My cat “Kit Carson” on his tree in Mudroom

That taxidermist did a great job
    d50enqm2fbcd.jpg

Guys you made me laugh!
    New picture for mhardy6647 of Kit Carson's front paw for toe counting (normal number). The mudroom has a barn type door and the paw picture shows him reaching around through narrow crack and lifting the locking hook (it failed). I planned to put him in the mudroom when a timeout is needed. He cannot see the hook from within the mudroom.

Later, I put a calming pheromone collar to slow him down, and he thought it was a game. No matter how secure I put the collar around his neck, he would remove it and bring it back to me. He is an escape artist.

New picture for txcoastal1 presenting a different pose showing he is not stuffed. Sometimes I wish LOL. :D
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Mine is Houdini. No collar can hold him.
    No non-lick cone stays in place. He understands
    door knobs. He simply can't get enough grip to
    turn them. A lot of cats are far smarter than dogs.
    It's not that they can't be trained, but they always
    always are thinking "what's in it for me?"
    He does swallow his pills. He knows kitty treats
    are in order afterwards.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2022
    In the past 5 months or so, I've trained our cat 4 tricks to do to get his treats.

"Give me your paw"...He will sit and raise one paw. His left one.

"Sit up"...He will sit on his hind legs and raise both paws to his chest.

"Give me five"...I let my arm hang down and my hand hangs flat...He will sit up and then stretch to reach higher and hit my hand with his left paw. He must be a lefty.

"Lay down"... he now lays all the way down like a sphinx and looks forward for a few seconds waiting for my approval "good boy". Some times he will lay down and flop to his side and look up at us. :D

I'll soon get some pictures of him doing his tricks.

I told my wife we need to start training him to do a 5th trick of some sort. She laughed but she knows I'm kind-of serious too. :D

Oreo
    jv5co5gmc18h.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Maybe train him to do those obstacles courses like squirrels!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    "The Kryptonite's"

Did I win?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Clipdat wrote: »
    MuMQeiO.jpeg

Where da' turntable be at? Sucka Foo don't even know good sound.....shoo. I like those acoustic panels behind the system. Those are cool looking. Also, if you are gonna have a rack inbetween the speakers? That's the way to do it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited May 2022
    When you have a dCS DAC you no longer need a TT. lol.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Debatable, that one. ;)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Haha, good one Mark.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Not too far off the mark, I took an audiophile friend to a live classical concert. An 80 piece orchestra playing Beethoven's 6th symphony and we had good seats, 10th row center. He didn't enjoy it at all. He felt the bass response was not very good and he couldn't locate individual instruments very easily.

SMH, as they say. :/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Not too far off the mark, I took an audiophile friend to a live classical concert. An 80 piece orchestra playing Beethoven's 6th symphony and we had good seats, 10th row center. He didn't enjoy it at all. He felt the bass response was not very good and he couldn't locate individual instruments very easily.

Luddite....

☺️
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    edited May 2022
    v19qsf6pmj48.png

Damn, I've read about those cow farts but Damn!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    And now the burp catching mask...

tx3bfskuk4bd.png

or better yet...the backpack. Now we know how the "Cow jumped over the moon"

rlvnbyavuked.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    nqaklpi8ifxj.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    First OH-ree-ole of the summer, hon! B)

52054528230_39581c45eb_b.jpg

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066

An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art
    by Kathleen Meyer, Bill McKibben (Foreword by)
    espyjr53hmho.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA